05.15 Episode 103 (#4962)
Airdate: March 22, 2002
The recent deaths of Cronus and Apophis have left the System Lords fighting among themselves for power, and a mysterious and unknown adversary has been sowing discord among them and exacting heavy losses. Now seven key System Lords have arranged for a summit to discuss a truce and the establishment of a new order. Ren'al arrives at the SGC with a proposal from the Tok'ra. An undercover operative at the summit could eliminate all the key System Lords at once, and a human volunteer, well versed in the ways of the Goa'uld, is needed. Daniel Jackson accepts the mission.
SG-1 and SG-17, including the new recruit Lieutenant Elliot, travel to the Tok'ra base on Revanna for an orientation. There they learn that Lantash, the symbiote within Martouf before his death, has been kept alive in stasis awaiting a new host. Shortly after their arrival, however, a fleet of motherships, under the command of Zipacna, arrives at Revanna and begins an aerial bombardment of the planet. There is no escape, and in the attack, all the Tok'ra of the base are killed. Lieutenant Elliot is gravely wounded, and Lantash takes him as a host in an attempt to heal him.
Meanwhile, Jacob travels with Daniel to the Goa'uld summit as he prepares to go undercover as Lord Yu's loyal slave. The System Lords have arrived, but there is word that a mysterious guest is also expected. Daniel prepares to carry out the Tok'ra plan to release a virulent poison, deadly only to symbiotes, which will eliminate the System Lords. However, he hesitates when the final guest arrives. It is Osiris, within the host body of Sarah, and Osiris recognizes him. As SG-1 is trapped in the tunnels below Revanna, Daniel is confronted by a triumphant Osiris.
Written by: Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie
Directed by: Martin Wood
Guest Starring: Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter/Selmak, Anna-Louise Plowman as Osiris, Cliff Simon as Ba'al, Courtenay J. Stevens as Lieutenant Elliot, Jennifer Calvert as Councilwoman Ren'al, Gary Jones as Technician, William de Vry as Aldwin, Anthony Ulc as Major Mansfield, Vince Crestejo as Yu the Great, Kevin Durand as Zipacna, Kwesi Ameyaw as Olokun, Suleka Mathew as Kali, Paul Anthony as Slave, Andrew Kavadas as Zipacna's Jaffa, Simon Hayama as Jarren, Natasha Khadr as Bastet, Bonnie Kilroe as Morrigan
Reference: Aldwin, Alkesh, Ba'al, Bastet, Jacob Carter, Lieutenant Elliot, Goa'uld, Hassara System, Jarren, Kali, Lantash, Lo'taur, Major Mansfield, Martouf, Morrigan, Olokun, Osiris, Ren'al, Reol Chemical, Revanna, Stasis, Svarog, Symbiote Poison, System Lords, Tok'ra, Tok'ra Communicator, Tok'ra Tunnels, Major Wood, Yu, Zipacna
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- The deaths of Cronus and Apophis created a power vacuum among the System Lords, who fought among themselves for several months. Anubis has been attacking all the System Lords secretly and exacting heavy losses. As an unknown adversary, shrouding himself, he sows discord among the other System Lords. Zipacna is acting as an emissary for Anubis.
- The seven major System Lords arranged a summit to discuss a new order. Those expected included Baal, Bastet, Kali the Destroyer, Morrigan, Olokun, Svarog, and Yu Huang Shang-ti. Osiris arrived representing Anubis.
- Baal wiped out the inhabitants of two star systems, 60 million lives, rather than lose them to Sokar in a territorial dispute. Bastet and Kali the Destroyer made a treaty with Sobek, then moved against him during the celebratory feast when he let his guard down. Rumor has it his head still decorates Bastet's palace in Bubastis.
- For unknown reasons, and for the first time in thousands of years, the Goa'uld are showing zero population growth. A dying symbiote releases its own deadly toxin which kills the host.
- Lo'taur is the highest rank among the human slaves of the System Lords, like a personal attendant, considered to be a position of great honor.
- SG-17 under the command of Major Mansfield, with Lieutenant Elliot, joined the joint mission with SG-1 for orientation from the Tok'ra on Revanna. Elliot was severely injured in the attack and the other members were killed.
- It's always suicide-mission this, and save-the-planet that. No one ever just stops by to say hi anymore. [O'Neill]
- Welcome to the Dark Side. [O'Neill]
- I am looking forward to meeting the Tok'ra. [Elliot]
You'll get over it. [O'Neill]
- Yu will be among the System Lords attending the meeting. [Jacob]
I thought you said he was going in as a slave. [Carter]
The System Lord Yu. [Jacob]
Little joke there. [Carter]
- Are you interested in Tok'ra engineering? [Aldwin]
Oh, interested doesn't quite describe how I truly feel. [O'Neill]
- I have to go help Teal'c wait for Daniel. [O'Neill]
- Just don't jab yourself with it. [Jacob]
Actually, I don't know, exactly. That in itself should scare you. [Jacob]
- You know, we really should come up with a new strategy, one that does not include us dying. [O'Neill]
- Oh swell, it's kind of like Goa'uld Mardi Gras here. [Daniel]
FOR THE RECORD
- Popular Culture References:
- Star Wars
- Welcome to the Dark Side.
- Star Wars