04.22 Episode 88 (#6721)
Airdate: February 23, 2001
Now in possession of Cronus's pyramid ship, SG-1 travels to Vorash where they plan to lend the Goa'uld vessel to their Tok'ra allies in order to help them relocate to a new and safer homeworld. Tanith, now revealed as a traitor and a spy, is to be removed from his host and left behind, but before he can be dealt with, he escapes to the planet's surface, and signals Apophis. With Apophis's fleet approaching Vorash, SG-1 must find an alternative plan to evacuate the Tok'ra via the stargate, and use their Goa'uld ship to destroy their enemy.
Carter and Jacob devise a plan in which the Tok'ra stargate will be connected to a black hole and jettisoned toward Vorash's sun in an attempt to cause a supernova and wipe out the entire solar system, taking Apophis's fleet with it. The gate is dialed and released, but before the plan can be completed, a Goa'uld fighter craft decloaks and attacks their ship, crippling them. O'Neill and Teal'c pursue the craft in a death glider, but they are shot down, and stranded on Vorash. In an ambush, Teal'c is wounded, perhaps fatally, and captured by Tanith.
Carter, Jacob, and Daniel race to complete their repairs, and succeed in restoring power to their ship and rescuing O'Neill from the planet's surface, just as the sun explodes. However, as SG-1 enters hyperdrive, they are caught in a shock wave that instantly sends their ship four million light years away. Even at maximum speed, it will take 125 years to return home. They are alone in an unknown region of space, until a second ship appears, also thrown far off course by the shock wave. It is Apophis.
Written by: Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie
Directed by: David Warry-Smith
Guest Starring: Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter/Selmak, Peter Wingfield as Tanith, Peter Williams as Apophis, Malik McCall as First Guard, Kenton Reid as Red Jaffa, Paul Norman as Apophis' Red Guard, Kirsten Williamson as Tok'ra #1, Anastasia Bandey as Tok'ra #2
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- Hammond ordered that the Goa'uld mothership confiscated from Cronus be lent to the Tok'ra to move their stargate to a new planet not currently on the Goa'uld map, in order to ensure the security of a more permanent Tok'ra base.
- Tanith has been used by the Tok'ra to relay misinformation to Apophis. His sentence, declared by the Tok'ra High Council, is to be extracted from his host, Hebron, and left behind on Vorash when the Tok'ra evacuate.
- The plan to blow up the sun in order to destroy Apophis's fleet is to dial P3W-451, the stargate being drawn into a black hole, and allowing the gravity of the black hole to remove enough stellar matter through the stargate to disrupt the balance between the forces of fusion and gravity in Vorash's sun, thus creating an artificial supernova.
- An al-kesh is a Goa'uld mid-range bomber with cloaking capabilities.
- The force of the supernova threw both motherships off course during hyperdrive, sending them over four million light years away, outside of our own galaxy. At maximum hyperdrive speed it would take 125 years to return home.
- Hey, kids. We're not parked in a Red Zone, are we? [O'Neill]
- Well, it was kind of a trade deal. Cronus gave us his ship, and he got what was coming to him. [O'Neill]
- That guy is a living cliché. [O'Neill]
- Protect Earth's big fat assest. [O'Neill]
- So, how do you guys know where to stand? [O'Neill]
- It's a Jaffa revenge thing. [O'Neill, and also Daniel]
- Wow... that's... ambitious. [O'Neill and Daniel]
- I've just never blown up a star before. [Carter]
Well, they say the first one's always the hardest. [O'Neill]
- I figured that flashing wasn't good news. That and the fact that in Goa'uld it says, "Warning, Warning"... [Daniel]
FOR THE RECORD
- Kids: 1
- O'Neill: shot once with a zat gun
- Teal'c: shot with a staff weapon in the back