10.19 Episode 213
Airdate: June 15, 2007
Adria encounters Vala, traveling alone and embittered by the betrayal of her teammates. Vala's dreams about the location of the Clava Thessara Infinitas were deemed a security risk, and before she could be confined by the IOA at Area 51, she had fled through the stargate. Adria sees this turn of events as an opportunity to recruit her mother and find the Clava for herself, but when they gate to the planet from Vala's dreams, they find SG-1 waiting to take Adria prisoner. In fact, Vala's dreams were part of an implanted false memory to lure and capture the Orici, and all has gone according to plan, until Ba'al's Jaffa appear and beam away with Adria.
At the SGC, Carter and Daniel convince an angry Vala that her memories of betrayal were not true. Their plan had been to deceive and capture Adria in order to control her army, but now they must first find Ba'al. Recent intelligence suggests that Ba'al's clones are gathering on P3R-112, but when the team arrives, they find dozens of clones dead by Ba'al's own hand, killed by symbiote poison. Ba'al has his own intentions for Adria, but SG-1 beams aboard Ba'al's mothership to recapture his prisoner and return to Odyssey. There, however, they discover Ba'al's plan. As Adria awakens, her eyes glow. Ba'al's symbiote has taken her as a host, and he now controls her power.
Ba'al attempts to negotiate his cooperation for their mutual benefit, but SG-1 opts instead to replace his symbiote with a Tok'ra who will order the Ori armies to stand down. Ta'seem arrives to perform the surgery, but during the extraction Ba'al's symbiote releases a deadly toxin making implantation impossible. Adria is dying. Additional toxin would allow her a humane death, but Adria awakens and uses her remaining telekinetic powers to prevent the injection of toxin and seal the infirmary. Holding SG-1 at bay with her mind, Adria uses the time she has left to prepare. When at last SG-1 enters the infirmary, they are too late. Adria has ascended.
Story by: Alex Levine
Teleplay by: Alan McCullough
Directed by: William Waring
Guest Starring: Morena Baccarin as Adria, Cliff Simon as Ba'al, Peter Flemming as Malcolm Barrett, Eric Breker as Colonel Reynolds, Jonathan Walker as Ta'seem, Fulvio Cecere as Colonel Davidson, Steven Cree Molison as Player, Paul Lazenby as Jaffa, Derek Versteeg as Jaffa
Reference: Adria, Anti-Prior Device, Ascension, Asgard Transport Beam, Ba'al, Malcolm Barrett, BC-304, Clava Thessara Infinitas, Clones, Colonel Davidson, Goa'uld, Memory Implant Device, NID, Odyssey, Ori, Orici, P3R-112, Colonel Reynolds, Sodan Cloak, Subcutaneous Transmitter, Symbiote Poison, Ta'seem, Tok'ra, Tretonin
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- The false memories implanted in Vala included dreams of two possible addresses for the location of the Clava Thessara Infinitas by reading the infinity symbol horizontally (14-21-16-11-30-7) and vertically (26-20-35-32-23-4).
- Adria insists that the attempt to destroy the Ori by sending Merlin's weapon through the supergate was unsuccessful. Ba'al says that the Ori are dead.
- Adria has ascended.
- Ba'al is in Adria? [Landry]
Yes, Sir. It's the bad-guy equivalent of cordon bleu. [Mitchell]
- See, right now, you're like a Pinto engine in a '71 Mustang. We've got to swap you out for a big-block Tok'ra. [Mitchell]
FOR THE RECORD
- Vala: memory implant, choked and levitated by Adria's telekinesis
- Popular Culture References:
- Dancing With the Stars
- After a rather, well, nasty dream in which I appeared on a television program where it seemed you had to dance with supposedly well-known personalities in front of a panel of judges...
- Dancing With the Stars