08.12 Episode 166
Airdate: January 28, 2005
There has been no word from the Atlantis expedition since their departure. With the Prometheus now capable of intergalactic travel, General Hammond, the new head of Homeworld Security, has named himself commander of the first Prometheus mission to Atlantis, and he selects Daniel to join the mission. En route, Prometheus picks up a distress signal and diverts to investigate. They find a disabled alkesh and cargo ship, but suddenly the rings activate and a Kull Warrior transports from the alkesh aboard Prometheus. The Warrior systematically disables the Prometheus crew and rings them aboard the stranded alkesh before escaping in Prometheus.
Only Daniel remains aboard the Prometheus with the Kull Warrior as Hammond's crew struggles to repair the alkesh. Hammond rings aboard the cargo ship with minimal life support to retrieve crystals that will enable Dr. Novak to make repairs to the alkesh. Meanwhile, Daniel awakens aboard the Prometheus where he has been subdued and restrained, but to his surprise, the Kull Warrior removes its helmet, revealing an attractive woman in the armor. Her name is Vala, and she claims she was once host to a Goa'uld and she now needs the Prometheus to rescue the last of her people.
Daniel manages to free himself and battles Vala for control of the ship, however she has already programmed the ship's destination, and Prometheus enters hyperspace, arriving at the planet Vala had designated. There are no refugees there, only an alien with whom Vala intended to do business, and as the ship comes under attack by Goa'uld vessels, Prometheus attempts to escape under fire. Suddenly, Hammond's crew arrives in the repaired alkesh and eliminates the enemy ships. The Prometheus has been recovered, but must return to Earth for repairs. En route, however, Vala escapes custody, rings aboard the alkesh, and disappears into hyperspace.
Written by: Damian Kindler
Directed by: Andy Mikita
Guest Starring: Claudia Black as Vala, Don S. Davis as General George Hammond, Ellie Harvie as Dr. Lindsey Novak, Gary Jones as Sergeant Walter Harriman, Eric Breker as Colonel Reynolds, Morris Chapdelaine as Tenat, Christopher Pearce as Bosworth, Geoff Redknap as Alien, Dan Payne as Super Soldier
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- Hammond has been promoted to lieutenant general (3 stars) and is currently based in Washington as the head of Homeworld Security.
- The technician is addressed as Walter, and referred to as Sergeant Harriman.
- Prometheus has a new Asgard hyperdrive, and the ship is now capable of traveling to other galaxies. The mission was to Atlantis in the Pegasus galaxy. The ship responded to a distress signal and traveled just over 50 light years off the designated route in 20 minutes.
- Daniel is capable of flying the Prometheus. Technician Walter Harriman flies both the Prometheus and an alkesh.
- Vala's story is that she was once host to a Goa'uld, but ten years ago the Tok'ra incited a rebellion against her, then rescued her from torture by her people and removed the symbiote. Her planet was then taken by Camulus, who wiped out all but the few who were able to escape. Her people are now stranded on a moon with no stargate, and now that Camulus is gone, his territories are being claimed by Ba'al.
- Because I'll quit. [Daniel]
Why don't you just hold your breath? You haven't done that in a while. [O'Neill]
- What's even stranger is you guys usually don't take prisoners, either. I mean, it's kind of kill first and... No, that's generally just about it, just the killing. [Daniel]
- Big Guy, I'm flattered, really, I am. It's just that, you're not my type. And I'm more than a little disturbed that I might be yours. [Daniel to Kull Warrior]
- Well, in this case, it's actually the size that matters... Actually, pretty much in every case. [Vala]
- Name's Olo. Hans Olo. [Daniel]
FOR THE RECORD
- Daniel: shot by a zat gun, shot in the left shoulder by a Kull Warrior wrist weapon, various injuries in hand-to-hand combat
- Popular Culture References:
- Star Wars
- Name's Olo. Hans Olo.
- Star Wars