A HUNDRED DAYS
03.17 Episode 61 (#6537)
Airdate: February 4, 2000
During SG-1's visit to the planet Edora, a catastrophic meteor shower occurs, and the team begins an evacuation of the inhabitants. O'Neill remains behind to help Laira and her son, but when a meteorite strikes and buries the stargate, he is stranded on the planet. Unable to recover the stargate, a distraught O'Neill slowly begins to build a new life with Laira and the other survivors, as SG-1 works feverishly to provide a rescue. It is three months before SG-1's plan is successful, enabling them to finally reactivate the Edora gate, and provide O'Neill with a way home.
Story by: Victoria C. James
Teleplay by: Brad Wright
Directed by: David Warry-Smith
Guest Starring: Michele Greene as Laira, Julie Patzwald as Naytha, Gary Jones as Technician, Shane Meier as Garan, Teryl Rothery as Dr. Fraiser, Marcel Maillard as Paynan
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- Edora is the fourth planet in its solar system and its orbit passes through an asteriod belt. The resulting meteor shower, known as "Fire Rain" by the Edorans, occurs on the same nights every year. Every 150 years the irregularity of the orbits causes an impact event.
- Because the stargate was buried while the wormhole was active, the molten naquadah from the impact hardened above the event horizon like an iris, allowing the gate to still be reactivated. Subatomic particles from the particle beam generator bombarding the hardened naquadah produced energy and heat enough to melt the naquadah barrier and created a pocket of super-heated gas. The unstable vortex of gate activation expanded the pocket to create a cavern large enough for matter to reintegrate and for a person to get through.
- The Edorans are probably descendants of people brought to Edora by the Goa'uld thousands of years ago.
- Edora has valuable and abundant naquadah resources.
- The decay rate of naquadah is approximately 150 years, used for dating.
- O'Neill's grandfather is from northern Minnesota.
- Tal pat ryn: Jaffa term for "falling star"
Ral tora ke: Jaffa term for "good luck"
- Coordinates for Edora: 28-38-35-9-15-3
- Cool. Colonel Jack says that. [Garan]
Yes, he does... [Daniel]
- My mother taught me to be wary of men wishing to be closer friends. [Laira]
- Teal'c! You are one stubborn son of a bitch!! [O'Neill]
FOR THE RECORD
- For crying out loud: 1
- Campers: 1
- O'Neill: trapped offworld for three months and declared Missing in Action