PAST AND PRESENT
03.11 Episode 55 (#6532)
Airdate: October 15, 1999
On Vyus, the inhabitants have no memory of their lives before an event they call the "Vorlix." Ke'ra, a brilliant young woman and leader among her people, returns to Earth with SG-1 in hopes that their joint research will find a cure for the mass amnesia. But their research reveals something more. Before the Vorlix, Ke'ra was Linea, the "Destroyer of Worlds" whom SG-1 met on Hadante, now a victim of her own experiments to reverse aging. Although a cure is found, it must be denied to Ke'ra, who returns to Vyus with no memory of her destructive past.
Written by: Tor Alexander Valenza
Directed by: William Gereghty
Guest Starring: Megan Leitch as Ke'ra, Marya Delver as Layale, Jason Gray-Stanford as Orner, Teryl Rothery as Dr. Fraiser, Luisa Cianni as Woman
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- Dargol, a chemical pesticide which adversely affected the environment and caused infertility, was banned 20 years ago on Vyus. Linea came to Vyus and discovered that dargol had the ability to slow the aging process, and her experiments led to an accident in which dargol gas entered the population, and residue settling between the synapses in the temporal lobes and Hippocampus sections of the brain blocked memories and caused amnesia.
- The Vorlix occurred over a year ago when the accidental chain reaction of enhanced dargol gas caused the entire population to become young, and to forget everything in their past before the Vorlix.
- Linea, also a victim of the Vorlix, became Ke'ra, the Minister of Health, Science, and Restructuring in the Vyus transitional government.
- Orner's true name is Nodaal, and he has been married to Layale for 43 years.
- The name "Teal'c" means "strength."
- The MALP is worthless. You I'll trust. [O'Neill]
- Don't say it Carter... Don't. Don't! Ah! Ah... la la la lalalalalala... [O'Neill]
- Who would you trust with your life more than anyone else in the world? Don't worry, I won't be offended if you don't pick me. [Daniel]