01.14 Episode 14 (#3964)
Airdate: October 24, 1997
Hathor, a powerful Goa'uld goddess, is awakened from an Egyptian sarcophagus within a Mayan pyramid where she had been imprisoned in stasis for thousands of years. She makes her way to the SGC, where she begins her plan to regain control of Earth. She uses a pheromone-like drug to seduce the men, and makes O'Neill the first of her new Jaffa army who will support the larval Goa'uld she produces. It falls to Carter and the women of the base to prevent her control of the SGC, but as her plans are thwarted, Hathor manages to escape through the stargate.
Story by: David Bennett Carren & J. Larry Carroll
Teleplay by: Jonathan Glassner
Directed by: Brad Turner
Guest Starring: Suanne Braun as Hathor, Teryl Rothery as Dr. Fraiser, Dave Hurtubise as Dr. Kleinhouse, Amanda O'Leary as Dr. Cole, Bob Frazer as Airman, Ikkee Battle as S.F. Guard, Tracy Westerholm as Female Soldier
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- Daniel Jackson promoted theories of cross pollinization of ancient cultures.
- Hathor was imprisoned in stasis for almost 2000 years in a sarcophagus recovered from the Mayan Temple of the Inscriptions in Palenque, Mexico.
- According to the Book of the Dead, Hathor was a much loved Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety and music, both the daughter and wife of Ra, and a friend of humanity. She was sent by Ra to destroy mankind, but when he changed his mind she became an enemy of Ra and Aphophis.
- Hathor is related in mythology to Aphrodite of Greece, Ishtar of Babylon, Stargae of Syria, Ceres of Rome.
- Hathor is the Queen of the Gods, the "Mother of All Pharoahs (Gods)", she and others like her produce the larval Goa'uld. She must have the "code of life" (DNA) from the species intended as the host to ensure compatibility.
- Hathor produces a chemical similar to a super pheremone combined with sodium pentathol that gives her control over men.
- Colonel O'Neill is Special Forces trained to fight mind control techniques.
- Hathor escaped through the Stargate to Chulak.
- Captain Carter and Dr. Fraiser were recommended for a commendation.
- Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music. [Daniel]
Sex, drugs, and rock and roll? [O'Neill]
- I have a hard time believing this woman down on 73rd who walks around talking about these little "devil people" that live in her hair... even though she could use a little conditioner. [O'Neill]
- Is mental illness contageous? [O'Neill]
- For you, we will forever hold a special place... here. [Hathor]
Well, that's very special. Thank you. [O'Neill]
- We do so enjoy the method of procuring the code in your species. [Hathor]
- Why do I feel like I'm in a "Women Behind Bars" movie? [Carter]
- Good to have you back, Colonel. [Carter]
What, I left? [O'Neill]
- Wow. That's a miracle. [Carter]
FOR THE RECORD
- O'Neill calls Daniel "Danny": 2
- Teal'c saved by his symbiote: immune to Hathor
- O'Neill: under the influence of Hathor, became a Jaffa without an immune system, healed by the sarcophagus
- Daniel: under the influence of Hathor
- Hammond: under the influence of Hathor, knocked unconscious by Carter
- Teal'c: gunshot wound to the arm and leg
- Fraiser: gunshot wound to the left arm