THE FIRST COMMANDMENT
01.06 Episode 6 (#3954)
Airdate: August 22, 1997
When SG-9 is declared missing in action, SG-1 is sent on a rescue mission to P3X-513.There they find a world with deadly solar radiation and the primitive cave-dwelling inhabitants worshipping SG-9 leader Captain Jonas Hanson as a god. Hanson believes in his own divinity, and even Captain Carter, who was once romantically linked with him, is unable to break his harsh rule. SG-1 must use his own technological discovery against him to help the people overthrow his ruthless grip, and to restore the solar shield that will allow them to safely live in the light.
Written by: Robert C. Cooper
Directed by: Dennis Berry
Guest Starring: William Russ as Captain Jonas Hanson, Roger R. Cross as Lieutenant Conner, Zahf Hajee as Jamala, Adrian Hughes as Lieutenant Baker, D. Neil Mark as Frakes, Darcy Laurie as Cave-Dweller
DESTINATIONS & INHABITANTS
NOTES OF INTEREST
- SG-1's mission was to rescue SG-9: Hanson, Baker, Conner, Frakes. Only Lt. Conner survived.
- Jonas Hanson had been previously engaged to Carter.
- Many worlds were terraformed by the Goa'uld.
- An energy force shield from a pair of Goa'uld devices turns the sky orange and protects against solar radiation.
- No Sir? Does it say "Colonel" anywhere on my uniform? [O'Neill]
- This tastes like chicken. [Daniel]
So what's wrong with it? [Carter]
It's macaroni and cheese. [Daniel]
- Perfect. If any little rocks sneak up on us, we will have plenty of warning. [O'Neill]
- We've got company. [O'Neill]
You're sure? [Daniel]
(arrow strikes) Pretty sure. [O'Neill]
- You know, we'd love to stick around, but some brain-dead sycophant left my buddy out here to die, so we're outta here. [O'Neill]
FOR THE RECORD
- For crying out loud: 1
- Popular Culture References:
- The Wizard of Oz
- We're off to see the Wizard...
- To Oz...
- So, any indigenous lions, tigers or bears I should lie awake worrying about?
- The Wizard of Oz