RDA Fans Forum Index RDA Fans
Welcome to the Richard Dean Anderson Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Through the eyes of a Killer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Movies and Other Roles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astra

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim wrote:
Do you have a copy of that article? I'd love to read it all. Smile

It actually was no article but a German book about "Stargate". It had an episode guide and a chapter about Egypt and also biographies of all the actors and much more.

So this really only was one line in Rick's biography just like I told you. Basically the author said that this last scene is supposed to let the viewer suspect that the police man who was the good guy in the beginning maybe would be the murderer but that doesn't make sense at all, since Rick does not play an police officer in this movie.

So I'm not sure whether this information belongs to the other movie where he indeed plays one. But the description of the scene doesn't fit there either.

I think the author kinda mixed up his notes Smile
Melissa M.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Through the Eyes of a Killer Reply with quote

I very much agree with any who think this is not a good movie. I think all of us who love RDA watched it because he's in it, and of course for the "type" of scenes that are in it. It's certainly a very different view of him, and worth watching. But overall, I think it's a bad script and a mediocre movie, yet I'm not at all sorry I watched it and I do watch parts of it again, now and then.

I think his acting is fine, but again, it is what it is, considering the movie. And I can see why he wanted to do it--to play something very much going against the type of hero/good guy he usually played and we like to see him playing.

For a real stretch, I'd say his role, and the wholemovie of Beyond Betrayal was actually better. He was quite creepy and scary in that one, the movie itself was pretty good, the other actors were good, and overall it was worth watching, even though the subject matter was such that I was not at all sure I'd ever be able to make myself watch it--I detest the idea of abusive relationships and certainly hate to think of my favorite actor playing an abuser. But he did and he was quite good in it--which is a little scary in itself!

Of course my favorite of all his movie roles (and he hasn't had that many of them, of course) was Past the Bleachers. I love that movie, and I love him in it.
Melissa M.
Gerda

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melissa M. said:

Quote:
I very much agree with any who think this is not a good movie. I think all of us who love RDA watched it because he's in it

No I dont think so Melissa M. I would have watched the movie also if he was not in the movie. And I have not watched it for the certain scenes in it Wink Sometimes movies can look like o no this is nothing, but in the end you just liked the movie. You just have to watch and not judge so soon. There are many as we call them B movies and some of them were finished of by the critics, but if you dont listnen to the critics and just watch such a B movie you will say Mmm the critics were wrong I like it. So its always a personal thing you like it or you dont like it at all. I do watch even RDA is not in it.

But I'm glad he did this movie. Like I said before everyone knows him from the good guy MacGyver, and people want him to see that way and only play a good guy Wink

But he cant just play only a good guy thats why he did this movie and dyed his hair dark. Yep to some it was Shocked but he needed to do it.

Maby the story was not to perfect but marge Helgenberger and Richard Dean Anderson made it a good movie to watch and the critics here were pleased with his performance Very Happy

Beyond Betrayal yes he also played a bad guy but it also was a sad story like the other movie we discuss now.

He coult not help himself and in the end he wanted that to be killed and so it happend.

Past The Bleachers was great too loved that movie.

The point is lots of people want to see him as a good guy and some of them realy think he is MacGyver Confused I'm not saying we here I mean others!

He's a great actor and he can do lots of things playing a good guy as well as a bad guy Wink

I realy hope we will see more of him Very Happy

I've watched a lot of movies including B movies and some were good and some were the worst I've seen.
Trough the Eyes of A stranger is the same as Trhough The Eyes of A killer.

Its all good he did those movies and I hope they do offer him a new movie one day.

He's such a good and talented actor. Very Happy

Gerda.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taste is a matter of point of view. I didn't like the movie (period). Other people like it (period). That's how it is.

I can, if asked to, give a more detailed explanation of my dislikes. But not right now. I'd rather reply to some points.

Gerda wrote:
Beyond Betrayal yes he also played a bad guy but it also was a sad story like the other movie we discuss now.

Beyond Betrayal is my favorite RDA movie - except MacGyver movies. It really shows talented acting. It was -- *better* (as the "tin man" Jack said Very Happy )

Gerda wrote:
The point is lots of people want to see him as a good guy and some of them realy think he is MacGyver Confused I'm not saying we here I mean others!

Yes, way too many see Rick as MacGyver, and forget that he is an actor. He was performing MacGyver, not *being* MacGyver. But with his looks, "good guy" suits him better.

This is soo stereotyped - good guy wears the white hat - bad guy has a black one. Good guy looks good (plain skin, nice expressions on his face, attractive, etc.) - bad guy has a different look (many scars, mean eyes, unattractive, etc.)

Gerda wrote:
He's a great actor and he can do lots of things playing a good guy as well as a bad guy Wink

Sure thing, he really knows how to act.

Gerda wrote:
I realy hope we will see more of him Very Happy

I agree on this one. I sure do hope he will play in many more movies.

Gerda wrote:
He's such a good and talented actor. Very Happy

I love him as an actor. He really is my favorite actor of all times. Lots and lots of talent.
Now, youíre Mr. MacUseless.
Gerda

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everhappy said:

Quote:
Taste is a matter of point of view. I didn't like the movie (period). Other people like it (period). That's how it is.

Your right Everhappy Taste is a matter of point vieuw.
And you dont have to like the movie Very Happy

Everhappy said:

Quote:
This is soo stereotyped - good guy wears the white hat - bad guy has a black one. Good guy looks good (plain skin, nice expressions on his face, attractive, etc.) - bad guy has a different look (many scars, mean eyes, unattractive, etc.)

Never looked at it that way Everhappy. For me abad guy can look good just as a good guy they dont have to have faces that looks bad.

I think well me personaly think Rick can play both. Very Happy Because he can Very Happy

I think the faces with scars etc. is old and history well for me anyway. I know you have actors who always play a bad guy and they have a face for it Laughing and I think they like to play a bad guy too Very Happy

And they do it good too Very Happy

Its oright Everhappy you dont have to explain why you dont like the movie Through The Eyes of A Killer. You dont like it period Wink and thats good Very Happy

I like the movie because RDA and Marge Helgenberger made it good Very Happy

The story itself well I never have read this book, but they good have made it better though, but I'm glad I have it, and watched it.

I'm also glad he did the movie its only good to do such different movies and characters.

And he can do so much more than this Very Happy

Gerda.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can ask whichever actor you want - they always will tell you that it is so much more interesting to play the bad guys. Good guys are just - good. But into bad guys they can put so much, and they even can make it so that you also feel sorry for them in the end.

Ronny Cox who plays Senator Kinsey at "Stargate" told us that he once was with two women in an elevator and one of them shouted at him: "I hate you!" He took it as a compliment.

In that moment she also had forgotten that he only is an actor, she saw only the role. And I can tell you, he's such a nice guy! Lovely and funny. At the beginning of his career he only played good guys and then some director came along and wanted him for the other side and since then he's bad and he's still thankful for it.

I also hope that we will see a lot of Rick in the future - no matter whether it's comedy or drama or anything else. Whatever he chooses will be good. And the important thing is that he has fun doing it and then we also will have fun watching it.

As for favourite movies of him, mine are also "Past the bleachers" - I liked that it was such a heartwarming movie if you know what I mean. And the other one would be "Ordinary Heroes". Have to cry every time at the end. It is just so intensive!
Gerda

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]Astra said:

Quote:
Ronny Cox who plays Senator Kinsey at "Stargate" told us that he once was with two women in an elevator and one of them shouted at him: "I hate you!" He took it as a compliment.

Yes I heard about these things Wink

Yes they do sometimes forget that there just and actor Wink

Astra said:

Quote:
also hope that we will see a lot of Rick in the future - no matter whether it's comedy or drama or anything else. Whatever he chooses will be good. And the important thing is that he has fun doing it and then we also will have fun watching it.

Astra I absolutly agree with you Very Happy The most importent thing of all is that he has fun in doing it Very Happy

Past The belacher was for me also a great movie I cried when he was in the kichen and though he saw his son. Very touching and emotional.

Ordinary Heroes is one good movie indeed. Very Happy

Gerda.
[/b]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got T.T.E.O.K yesterday (Friday)&watched it that night. I Ray isn't that scary to what I've seen in the pics he was even more cuter-hotter.
Don't read on if haven't seen the movie

I so loved the part how ray crashes though the shower&the raunchy scene's of cause. Ray can fix my place anytime anyday, I was going ohhh&awww at ray's sweet side espically when he said I won't let him meaning Jerry hurt you,I just melted I was like I wish a guy can say that to me or better Ray can say *sniff sniff*.

I'll watch it again tonight and do the whole dreaming again.

Last edited by jacksgirl on Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
jacksgirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Maria

Maria[/quote]

Ray's I mean RDA lol is so hot in that one

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice picture Wink
Gerda.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall when the movie first aired, the night before Rick was on one of the talk shows, I think it was...Leno?...and he walked out with the black hair. O.o; He said Ray was "a contrapuntal personality" (and if I'm quoting that wrong, forgive me it's been 12 years since I saw this interview)

But what I loved about his character, he even talked differently, more softer, very laid back, elongating words, things like that. Especially at the end of the movie when he's speaking gruff. I was more noticing the skills than the body LOL, it was a great bonus.

liz
jacksgirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions about the movie what was with the slide camera angels how they went one side then straight then back to the other side it's so annoying lol. Is it just me or does Alison look like a tramp lol I'm sorry but she does she looks so up herself.

Don't read if u haven't seen it

I don't understand the part when Ray is 'supposely' killed&they found blood in his car&they think the dead body is Alison's but it's not it's Jerry's,I was wacthing it again lastnight still confussed. I think that should have been a sequal as we know clearly Ray isn't dead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*spoilers*

I get the impression the weird camera angles is the audience looking at what Ray is looking at, hence the tilting of the head, watching her walk around the room and things of that nature. He is a peeping tom.

Or, the director was having fun with the camera. No idea.

I like Allison, she brought in a lot of light 'girlfriend' humor between her and Laurie. ex. "you play the whole stadium"

No, the body they found was Jerry's. Ray just put his clothes & identification on him to thicken the plot. XD No, to confuse Laurie, and the audience apparently.

Liz
Gerda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think your right ElizabethPage Wink

But I also think Ray is is still alive.

I think I will watch again too.

Gerda.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethPage wrote:

the body they found was Jerry's. Ray just put his clothes & identification on him to thicken the plot.
Liz

I'm still confussed even though I tried to work it out think I'm even more confussed than before lol.
So why then did they say it was Alison's body wouldn't they have known it was Jerry's because of the ID????
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RDA Fans Forum Index -> Movies and Other Roles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: