GalaxyCon Richmond March 16-17

EllenD

Re: GalaxyCon Richmond March 16-17

Post by EllenD »

LTTPlits wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:24 pm In keeping with that, I wanted to thank you again for assembling such a rich archive, (one that doesn't require inserting one's head into that dang head-sucking device! :lol:), as all his notes and photos, interviews, and convention appearances may be as close to an in-his-own-words-and-emojis-and-photos memoir as we are likely to see.
I was thinking exactly the same thing when I read about the memoir. It would have been great, but he has been so generous with the stories he has shared at cons, interviews and especially in his notes on this website, so I'm not too disappointed. You could say his memoir is already 'out there' it just hasn't been 'assembled'* yet ... :P (*there's probably a better word for this, but I can't find it ...)

As for computers, I also have 24/7 IT support from my partner. He is so good at it that he doesn't even have to touch my computer to fix it, all he has to do is go near it and the problem magically disappears … :roll:
Life, far more important than what you do for a living - RDA
Skurk

Post by Skurk »

Last edited by Skurk on Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
EllenD

Post by EllenD »

Skurk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:02 pm Some more pics... I hope, he'll loose his beard until dortmund comic con :lol:
I don't know ... it's kind of growing on me! :P
JB5

Post by JB5 »

EllenD wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:02 pm
I don't know ... it's kind of growing on me! :P
Well it’s definitely growing on Rick for sure! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m not hopeful it will have disappeared by Paris…… :roll:
EllenD

Post by EllenD »

JB5 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:16 pm Well it’s definitely growing on Rick for sure! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D
Skurk

Post by Skurk »

Just noticed his ring :) love it!
He's not wearing jewellery very often, is he?
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

Skurk wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:20 pm Just noticed his ring :) love it!
He's not wearing jewellery very often, is he?
Maybe Kate knows the significance of the ring?
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

The ring: someone posted on X (formerly Twitter), or maybe FB? that he told them it was a frog ring and where he acquired it. Frogs represent good luck, wealth, abundance, among other things, all good. He has occasionally worn rings in the past (no idea about those), bracelets (that had personal meaning for him that he’s mentioned in interviews, a river trip, I think, one Wylie made, and maybe another?) and dog tags (you can see them in pics here, no idea about those). No clue about why the frog ring.
(Lol - read back over this and wow, it’s a bunch of “not really” information)
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

GWhite wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:55 pm The ring: someone posted on X (formerly Twitter), or maybe FB? that he told them it was a frog ring and where he acquired it. Frogs represent good luck, wealth, abundance, among other things, all good. He has occasionally worn rings in the past (no idea about those), bracelets (that had personal meaning for him that he’s mentioned in interviews, a river trip, I think, one Wylie made, and maybe another?) and dog tags (you can see them in pics here, no idea about those). No clue about why the frog ring.
(Lol - read back over this and wow, it’s a bunch of “not really” information)
From www.macgyveronline.com regarding the red bracelet:

"The bracelet worn by MacGyver is a Gulf War memorial bracelet. It had the name of Lt. Charles J. (Charley) Turner, the first reported calsulty from Minnesota of the Gulf War (Desert Storm). He was missing after his Navy A6E Intruder plane was shot down while returning from a bombing run on January 18, 1991. His family didn’t know if he was killed or captured until March 16th when the Navy identified his body among those turned over to the Red Cross by the Iraqis. He wasn’t officially declared killed in action until March 23rd.

The band reads:
LT CHARLIE TURNER
USN 19 JAN 91 Iraq"

Regarding bracelets:

"THE ROAD AHEAD"

An Interview with Stargate's Colonel O'Neill, Richard Dean Anderson

From an interview from our Kate on our website:

“For several days on the set, he has been wearing an elasticized bracelet on his right wrist, a string of small brown beads with tiny Chinese characters engraved on them. He indicates now the memento that returned with him from Tibet. "They're just some prayer beads," he explains. "I got several strands that I picked up along the way in different parts along the trek. The people are so open, so trusting, there's just a prevailing peace about them. They're adorned with stones and corals and objects of the country, of the landscape. I'm not a jewelry wearer, but these are prayer beads, just cheap things that I got somewhere along the road. I have some necklaces, and dzi beads [pronounced "dzah"], and I had some gifts presented to me in monasteries. So I just put these on, and I brought some home for my daughter Wylie." He wears the bracelet in a show of support for Tibet. “
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
EllenD

Post by EllenD »