Space Con San Antonio

Skurk

Space Con San Antonio

Post by Skurk »

Hi,
I've found this on twitter.
Seems RDA is attending next October in Texas with some of his fellows ..
https://www.spaceconsa.com/celebrity-category/2024/

😃
silvia1970

Re: Space Con San Antonio

Post by silvia1970 »

Then he is in good company. :D
Silvia
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Skurk wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:41 pm Hi,
I've found this on twitter.
Seems RDA is attending next October in Texas with some of his fellows ..
https://www.spaceconsa.com/celebrity-category/2024/

😃
I had asked RDA about this, and he said he doesn't know anything about it.

It's possible that his booking agent is negotiating an appearance, but it seems someone has jumped the gun, so I'm not going to post it until I get confirmation either from the booking agent or RDA himself. I'm working on it.

It's frustrating when these conventions post these things before contracts are finalized. :roll:

Kate
Skurk

Post by Skurk »

Oh I really wasn't sure to post it, because you, Kate, are always first to annouce appearances. I was a little bit confused.
So feel free to delete this thread to avoid "fake news" ☺️
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Skurk, I’m glad you did. A lot of people are very excited, but I’m always skeptical until Kate posts.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Skurk wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:04 pm Oh I really wasn't sure to post it, because you, Kate, are always first to annouce appearances. I was a little bit confused.
So feel free to delete this thread to avoid "fake news" ☺️
I won't need to delete anything until I hear one way or another. It just makes it very complicated when these conventions go ahead and promote a guest before the guest even knows about it.

I'm still waiting to hear, which suggests that it hasn't been finalized yet.

Kate
Beata

Post by Beata »

I won't need to delete anything until I hear one way or another. It just makes it very complicated when these conventions go ahead and promote a guest before the guest even knows about it.

I'm still waiting to hear, which suggests that it hasn't been finalized yet.

Kate

Kate, It is really unfair to those fans who wait for you to add something to the website that is an absolute. Rick sounds down and maybe he doesn't want to talk to anyone right now, so please if you care about the fans post the San Antonio Spacecon. :roll:
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Beata wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:14 pm
Rick sounds down and maybe he doesn't want to talk to anyone right now,
I didn't realize you had been speaking to him. :roll:

In the long text he sent me yesterday, he sounded upbeat and enthusiastic. He was mostly talking about what he had been discovering on the website, but the message was personal, and not meant to be posted. He promised he would look into the booking and get back to me.

This is not the first time a convention has been announced prematurely and then later the details were changed. Were people to buy tickets before the details were finalized and then be disappointed, THAT would be unfair. As I recall, you have had that exact complaint before.

It looks as if the San Antonio convention is legitimate, though why it reached the point of an announcement before RDA was aware of it, I have no idea. An extra day to get the details right is worth it.

Kate
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Okay, here you have it. RDA has confirmed the San Antonio convention, but he's still checking on the dates, so for now I've added it to the main page using the dates on the convention's website.

I have also added his Note From Rick in the Updates section, but I have not linked it to the main page yet. He has this tendency to write in spurts, so I'm never quite sure when he is "finished" with a message. He has promised to write more tonight, so I'll re-edit that Update as necessary if there is more to be shared later.

Kate
Beata

Post by Beata »

Many Thanks to Rick and Kate for the good news about San Antonio !!
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver