Basingstoke Comic Com May 10-12, 2024

bluegirl

Re: Basingstoke Comic Com May 10-12, 2024

Post by bluegirl »

Desert_crossing wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:52 pm Thank you kindly. Thanks to everyone who has offered support in this matter.

Ok so I have people who are willing to help me out (much appreciated from the bottom of my heart, you are great people) but I do have one question that if anyone knows the answer too I’d be grateful. As much as I love the MacGyver photos and O’Neill photos, I am a racing car freak and so I would love him to autograph a photo from his car racing days. But I do not know who the photos,both here and online belong too. And obviously I don’t want to use a photo that I am not allowed to use. So how would I find out if I can use these photos?
If anyone have an answer to this I’d be grateful.
I don´t know the answer to that question, but I´ve seen people step up to the signing table with various kinds of 'home-made' collages or/and print-outs of pictures found on the net several times... or fan-art collages of photos... No one ever asked them about who the original picture belonged to...

I, myself, forged a vector graphic out of the original MacGyver-Logo (took it from a screenshot), went to the Vicorinox flagship store in Vienna (they have an engraving machine and are able to fill the engraving with gold color), and the lovely store manager there engraved two knives (the models most used during the series) with the logo for me (after doing a few test runs on grip plates). He gave me all the 'test grip plates' as well. So, when Brussels last year was approaching I thought about making up something special to sign... and came up with those grip plates - since you´re - for good reasons - not allowed to take a knife with you onto an airplane if you only have carry-on luggage, and know that RDA doesn´t sign knives... So I made up a small display with front and back grip plates, a small Phoenix Foundation badge and the MacGyver coat of arms (a small pin) - ready to be put in a frame on my return, with enough room for RDA to sign on the passe-partout.

I was worried about copyright issues as well - that´s why I never shared any pics of it on facebook or such - but no one at the convention questioned me about copyright! RDA was rather positively surprised and asked who made those for me... and I´ve got a beautiful autographed display in my living room now... :D

So... If you want to forge a collage or just pick a photo (they´re not likely to have those on conventions) and get it to one of us somehow... It should be no problem, I guess. As long as you´re not trying to earn money with it afterwards :roll: but since it´s going to be only for you, personally... you should be fine.
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
Desert_crossing

Post by Desert_crossing »

It’s good to know people have taken their own items and not been questioned on copyright.
It’s most definitely just a photo for me to have, no intentions of ever selling it that’s for sure.
I have someone based in England that has kindly offered to arrange collecting an autograph for me so I will arrange something with them, as it will be easier for all parties, but thank you again for your kind offer.
Surf, watch a sunset, listen to the waves. Live life like it's your last day here, because one day it will be.

Maybe the reason why we love our dogs so much is because the only time they’ll ever break our hearts is when they stop existing.
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Desert_crossing wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:19 am It’s good to know people have taken their own items and not been questioned on copyright.
It’s most definitely just a photo for me to have, no intentions of ever selling it that’s for sure.
I have someone based in England that has kindly offered to arrange collecting an autograph for me so I will arrange something with them, as it will be easier for all parties, but thank you again for your kind offer.
You´re very welcome!

I´ll be meeting up with a couple of people there, I guess... including JB5, who´s already helped me a lot while I was getting this trip organized! :D
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
Desert_crossing

Post by Desert_crossing »

bluegirl wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:58 pm
You´re very welcome!

I´ll be meeting up with a couple of people there, I guess... including JB5, who´s already helped me a lot while I was getting this trip organized! :D
I just wish I could have met him and some of you guys too.
But you’re all amazing in helping out when that can’t happen.
Surf, watch a sunset, listen to the waves. Live life like it's your last day here, because one day it will be.

Maybe the reason why we love our dogs so much is because the only time they’ll ever break our hearts is when they stop existing.