Are the Legend DVDs available with closed captioning?

ajthiesn

Are the Legend DVDs available with closed captioning?

Post by ajthiesn »

I am new to the Forum and am reliving Mr. Anderson's work in my senior years. My husband is being introduced, sometimes for the first time to his creativity and humor and is loving it. His challenge is loss of hearing and he depends upon closed captioning for supplementing his understanding of what is going on and the story line. I have as yet to find "Legend" DVDs closed captioned. Please share if anyone knows of the series available with CC. Your input would be greatly appreciated. :D
JB5

Re: Are the Legend DVDs available with closed captioning?

Post by JB5 »

Hi ajthiesn
Welcome to the forum!
ajthiesn wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:28 am I have as yet to find "Legend" DVDs closed captioned. Please share if anyone knows of the series available with CC. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
If you go into the Store on the rdanderson.com website home page the Legend dvd is shown there and seems to be available through Amazon, although it looks as if there are only a few left. The format shown for sale is NTSC which I think is primarily designed for North America although it may work in Europe or you may be able to convert it (to PAL) for Europe - I'm not an expert though! It isn't clear from the description unfortunately whether there is Closed Captioning. Not sure if this helps you or not - good luck with your search!

8-)
ajthiesn

Post by ajthiesn »

Thank you JB5 for your input on this topic. I contacted the seller of the "Legend" DVD's on Amazon and they replied that it was not closed captioned. Your input is greatly appreciated. Forum :D Please keep sending information if you find anything.
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Hi there!

The question about subtitles for Legend popped up in one of the RDA fangroups on facebook that I'm a member of... Not too long ago. Can't be more than a few weeks. Unfortunately, I can't recall which one it was.

Whoever asked there found a way to forge the subtitles by him(or her)self shortly after asking... and offered to share.

I don't know if that helps - I'll sure try my best to remember which group it was - and do some searching...
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

OK, my research went a lot faster than I thought it would...

There's a free software called 'subtitle edit' he used- seems to work fairly well, but takes some manual supervision and corrections, he stated.

Someone else said there are Legend episodes with subtitles on YouTube...

;)
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
ajthiesn

Post by ajthiesn »

Hello bluegirl and Thank you for this info. I will check it out and appreciate your efforts. Happy Fan-ing and have a great day.