03.07.14 06:32
Actually, we're 25 hours past scheduled departure time---
BTW- we have NOT taken off yet....
Firefly74

Re: Oz Comic Con in Melbourne, Australia - July 5-6

Post by Firefly74 »

Paul Brown (@langleylegends)
03.07.14 06:30
@andersonrdean @OzComicCon Delays over, finally on board so maybe this time we just might make it! We're on our way Melbourne!
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

OMG, this is a nightmare...(but just a silly question,aren't RDA and Paul Brown travelling together? why answer then ?Or maybe to keep us informed , in that case I won't complain...)

It reminds me of a major problem a friend of mine had in the past. He never reached his final destination. He just gave up and went home.Hope it will be different this time. Fans are waiting for him,he's expected. Planes/airports are great as long as they work properly...

I've just read the latest message from Paul Brown . They've finally made it. Have a safe trip...

V
Anne

Post by Anne »

the funny thing with RDA replying to tweets is that he always forgets to put the name of the one he replies to with his tweet. And he doesn't seem to click the 'reply' button either, he just tweets... which makes some of his tweets pretty confusing without the previous message showing or knowing where his tweet was aimed at :D :D :D

I think they are just keeping us informed. However, I have one friend whom I sometimes text (and back and forth) even when we're in the same room. It's weird, but it can be fun "g"
Jemster

Post by Jemster »

Anne wrote:the funny thing with RDA replying to tweets is that he always forgets to put the name of the one he replies to with his tweet. And he doesn't seem to click the 'reply' button either, he just tweets... which makes some of his tweets pretty confusing without the previous message showing or knowing where his tweet was aimed at :D :D :D
Well, Wiley did say at one time that her father didn't know how to use Twitter. :-)

Michelle
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Jemster wrote: Wiley did say at one time that her father didn't know how to use Twitter. :-)
Michelle
I can't either so I won't blame him for that :D :D :D

V
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

tvero80 wrote:(but just a silly question,aren't RDA and Paul Brown travelling together? why answer then ?Or maybe to keep us informed , in that case I won't complain...)
The last time RDA and Paul traveled to Australia together, RDA gave his phone to Paul to help him connect to his email. Suddenly, RDA's Twitter account started following Paul and his friend, and Paul's words were tweeted through RDA's account - and RDA mentioned later that he had no idea that there had been activity on his Twitter account.

Of course, I can't speak to what might have been happening last night. It could just be that RDA was testing his connection before getting on the plane and felt the need to clarify his situation.

Kate
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you Kate .

V
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I am grateful for any and all news of this trip so am glad to hear their flight finally took off and I trust it has gone all the way to Melbourne by now. It would be wonderful to get a tweet that said they have arrived safely at their destination....and then, I do hope, RDA can get some rest before starting the convention. And I hope the Aussies are kind and give him a very warm welcome!
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

bftlovesRDA wrote: I do hope, RDA can get some rest before starting the convention. And I hope the Aussies are kind and give him a very warm welcome!
After all he's been through,he deserves it .

V