hi....new here....

asamuel

Re: hi....new here....

Post by asamuel »

EllenD wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:53 am
Welcome Annie! It's never too late to join a party! Actually, I always seem to be late … I didn't discover Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam until 2005 and I hadn't even heard of Benedict Cumberbatch until 2017. And like JP, in hindsight I ask myself how that is even possible! But I'm so glad I did!
Thank you, Ellen!
Yep - wonder how right?
But better late than never I say and this party bus sure is a lot of fun!!!
Annie
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

asamuel wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:46 am
Thank you so much! (I am sorry - I am not sure how you want me to address you - so I am going with MacGyver girl? Or are you the one who signs off as Erg - not sure)
Yep, I can see how you are such a MacGyver fan! I think the name kind of gave it away :D
As far as being in CA and perhaps running into him - yes, I wish!
Having said that, I think he values his privacy and I respect that. Moreover, if I ever happen to run into him, I think I will be too nervous to approach him! So, attending a Comic Con is it for me ...
Speaking of the Northeast, I used to live there as well. Kind of moved here right around the time RDA semi-retired from SG1 and came here as well.
Ah sigh - it does feel like - so near, yet so far...
Once again - thank you for your warm welcome and hope you will get to meet him someday too.
Annie
Hi Annie!

I am not the one who signs off as Erg, but I do have the same name as Mac's landlady (the only one we ever met). So, if you know your trivia, please call me by that name (and anyone else for that matter).

I understand CA is a big state, so he may be elusive to you as well (I hope not!). I agree with you that I would just take a brief look, smile, and give him his deserved privacy.

Till then, signing off as the name of MacGyver's landlady! ;)
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

asamuel wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:58 am Funny you should mention Miami Vice - during one of my searches I chanced upon this video of RDA getting this award in Italy. He was talking to Jay Leno about it and then I watched the actual video and there was Don Johnson sitting there in the front row and RDA was like Don help! This was around the same time Nash Bridges came on in the same channel as MacGyver - so I started watching that and ventured back into the archives and watched a bit of Miami Vice (yeah, a slightly more toned-down Don Johnson is more my cup of tea. However, I hear Miami Vice was very big during its run!!)
Jeez, Annie, RDA and Don Johnson occupying the same space?!! WOW! :lol: I wanted to look at the video but couldn't find it here on the website, but maybe I just didn't know where to look. Do you have a link to it or could tell me the year in which it occurred or the name of the award RDA was given? (I liked Nash Bridges too but preferred Miami Vice. I always liked Don Johnson and thought he's a much better actor than he's given credit for. I know this is not the place for it and he is not your fave, but check out the movies "Paradise" and "Guilty as Sin," if you have nothing else to do one day... his performances are really impressive IMHO. I haven't seen Miami Vice in a quite awhile and I do wonder if it would wear as well as MacGyver has...) Anyway, if you can point me in the right direction to that video, I'd be most grateful! jp :D
asamuel

Post by asamuel »

MacGyverGirl wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:59 pm Hi Annie!

I am not the one who signs off as Erg, but I do have the same name as Mac's landlady (the only one we ever met). So, if you know your trivia, please call me by that name (and anyone else for that matter).

I understand CA is a big state, so he may be elusive to you as well (I hope not!). I agree with you that I would just take a brief look, smile, and give him his deserved privacy.

Till then, signing off as the name of MacGyver's landlady! ;)
Well, Hi there Susan!!!!
I love those two episodes - especially the scenes where Susan is in :D
Simply love Roboter and shoe polish - egg foo yung?
And how about that affected Canadian accent with him playing hockey in full gear! I love those scenes.
Thank you, Susan aka MacGyver's landlady!
Annie
asamuel

Post by asamuel »

LTTPlits wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:57 pm
Jeez, Annie, RDA and Don Johnson occupying the same space?!! WOW! :lol: I wanted to look at the video but couldn't find it here on the website, but maybe I just didn't know where to look. Do you have a link to it or could tell me the year in which it occurred or the name of the award RDA was given? (I liked Nash Bridges too but preferred Miami Vice. I always liked Don Johnson and thought he's a much better actor than he's given credit for. I know this is not the place for it and he is not your fave, but check out the movies "Paradise" and "Guilty as Sin," if you have nothing else to do one day... his performances are really impressive IMHO. I haven't seen Miami Vice in a quite awhile and I do wonder if it would wear as well as MacGyver has...) Anyway, if you can point me in the right direction to that video, I'd be most grateful! jp :D
Hi JP
Sure, I will find it and send it to you.
I believe it is here with the videos - I just have to go and find the right one.
So just FYI- first you should watch the Tonight show - where RDA talks about this award and then watch the award show - only then will you get the whole thing about RDA asking Don to help. Don was sitting in the audience - front row.
Stay tuned - I will get it to you.
Thanks!!
Annie
asamuel

Post by asamuel »

Hi JP
I am back - well that was quick!

Ok so both these videos are here on the website - Video Gallery page. (Of course, Kate would have it here!!! Didn't doubt that for a second!)

The Tonight show is the one titled 1992 July 14. Since RDA only did the tonight show when they were filming in Los Angeles, I knew it had to be the last year. So found that one easily.
And the award show is called Telegatto award and that is the video right before the one mentioned above.
The award video is titled - 1992 May 05 - Telegatto Awards

Enjoy!
Thanks
Annie
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

asamuel wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:31 am Well, Hi there Susan!!!!
I love those two episodes - especially the scenes where Susan is in :D
Simply love Roboter and shoe polish - egg foo yung?
And how about that affected Canadian accent with him playing hockey in full gear! I love those scenes.
Thank you, Susan aka MacGyver's landlady!
Annie
Maybe I should change my username to "MacGyverslandlady". :lol: JK

I always wondered if the writers added Susan to soften the blow of his season one swagger and show off some of his boyish charm. The egg foo yung "shoe polish" did backfire and the Canadian accent and wearing the full gear was an attestation as to how important Mac took hockey.

Susan
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
asamuel

Post by asamuel »

MacGyverGirl wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:58 am
Maybe I should change my username to "MacGyverslandlady". :lol: JK

I always wondered if the writers added Susan to soften the blow of his season one swagger and show off some of his boyish charm. The egg foo yung "shoe polish" did backfire and the Canadian accent and wearing the full gear was an attestation as to how important Mac took hockey.

Susan
Ha Ha - yes for sure - that works too - Susan aka Mac's landlady. it's got a nice ring to it as Mac would say :D Remember Biff?
Yes, so true - they even mention Wayne Gretzky in that back and forth.
I enjoyed that so much - the interaction between Susan and Mac
So long...
Annie
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

asamuel wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:57 am Hi JP
I am back - well that was quick!
Ok so both these videos are here on the website - Video Gallery page. (Of course, Kate would have it here!!! Didn't doubt that for a second!)
The Tonight show is the one titled 1992 July 14. Since RDA only did the tonight show when they were filming in Los Angeles, I knew it had to be the last year. So found that one easily.
And the award show is called Telegatto award and that is the video right before the one mentioned above.
The award video is titled - 1992 May 05 - Telegatto Awards
Enjoy!
Thanks
Annie
Annie,
Thank you for your excellent directions! :D Of course, the videos were on the website (if you know where to look!) Very amusing! There are some things I will never understand about it though. "Television Cat"?! :? (What's that about?!) and why did RDA ask for Don's help of all people? :? I wasn't sure if they had just been sitting near each other and chatting it up or whether they had been friends at the time or..... But it was great to see!!! :lol: Thank you, jp

PS: Before I joined, I looked at all the Leno interviews on the Tonight Show. They're all very funny...
PPS: I remember Mac's hockey game with his landlady with fondness... wonderful accent, eh? :lol:
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

asamuel wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:17 am
Ha Ha - yes for sure - that works too - Susan aka Mac's landlady. it's got a nice ring to it as Mac would say :D Remember Biff?
Yes, so true - they even mention Wayne Gretzky in that back and forth.
I enjoyed that so much - the interaction between Susan and Mac
So long...
Annie
Of course, I remember Biff! Whenever I need a laugh, I watch "Soft Touch". Mac played an excellent straight man to Penny and Biff! :lol: