RDA video interview 22 January

GWhite
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:15 pm

Re: RDA video interview 22 January

Post by GWhite »

I thought the Q&A was awesome, even if Rick was late (he really shouldn’t worry about that- stuff happens).

I did catch he never answered the question about doing another con sometime (I suspect it would be more difficult for him to say no if Amanda was going to join him).

I thought it was very sweet when he said he wished he could introduce us to his best friend and show us around and see what he did there. I think he does miss talking to his fans. Using tech is such an easy way to do that without him having to travel. He seems a bit more relaxed about that now. Perhaps someday. ;-)

It would be very awesome if he does do the next AI reading, although he seems to be concerned about the future of AI.

I was so good to see him.

(I may have said all this in an earlier post. I didn’t go back and look. If I’m repeating myself, count this as how much enjoyed the Q&A!
User avatar
tvero80
Posts: 5113
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:29 pm

Re: RDA video interview 22 January

Post by tvero80 »

GWhite wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:17 pm It would be very awesome if he does do the next AI reading, although he seems to be concerned about the future of AI.
It was so good to see him.
Yes , it was good to see him :) ...and it would be awesome if he accepted ....
User avatar
Daicy
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:05 pm
Location: Kolín Czech Republic Europe

Re: RDA video interview 22 January

Post by Daicy »

zuzik2301 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:59 pm Here is the link for the livestream. Hope it'll work ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rib1Tm8S9J8

Thank you for posting the link. The link worked wonderfully. It can be downloaded to a mobile phone and watched offline.
Daicy :)
User avatar
Daicy
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:05 pm
Location: Kolín Czech Republic Europe

Re: RDA video interview 22 January

Post by Daicy »

KateR wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:43 pm
Daicy wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:08 am Thanks for the information, Kate. My ignorance of English made a mistake. I just let go of the trailer. I didn't run it through the translator, and I didn't find that it was just a montage of the January video and nothing new. I apologize for the mystification. I'll be more thorough next time.
No need for an apology, Daicy. This whole thing has been rather confusing from the beginning. Both the long and short versions of the interview were available on their website, but sometimes you could even see the long one if you weren't a member. Then they were both available on YouTube, but the links weren't directly connected. Then they promoted the next interview/Q&A, and even RDA wasn't sure how that was supposed to work.

You're not the only one who might be confused. ;)

They just wrote to me out of the blue and offered permission to post the short version on my website. Yes, I think they are looking for new subscribers.

Kate
Thank you for the explanation and forbearance, Kate. Confused is the right word.
Daicy :)
User avatar
Daicy
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:05 pm
Location: Kolín Czech Republic Europe

Re: RDA video interview 22 January

Post by Daicy »

zuzik2301 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:59 am I'm looking forward to it, sort of. Because I have a terrible week so it'll be.. well nice. Like, I paid one more month to see it but I'm not planning subscribe them after. But I don't like how they're promoting that. Maybe it's just me but I feel like they use Rick for getting more subscribers...
It's my feeling too. I also don't like it. Such promotion rather discourages fans and may even upset them. If I paid for my membership just for an interview with the RDA and then found the interview freely available without paying, I would not be satisfied.
Daicy :)
zuzik2301
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:05 am

Re: RDA video interview 22 January

Post by zuzik2301 »

You're welcome. ;) I'm more than happy to share the link with all of you and hopefully make you happy to watch it.
Daicy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:04 pm
zuzik2301 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:59 am I'm looking forward to it, sort of. Because I have a terrible week so it'll be.. well nice. Like, I paid one more month to see it but I'm not planning subscribe them after. But I don't like how they're promoting that. Maybe it's just me but I feel like they use Rick for getting more subscribers...
It's my feeling too. I also don't like it. Such promotion rather discourages fans and may even upset them. If I paid for my membership just for an interview with the RDA and then found the interview freely available without paying, I would not be satisfied.
Yeah, it was like video every few days and join us and... It was getting annoying.
Like, the livestream was great. Very funny and.. well great. I paid one more month to watch it and I don't regret it now. But the promotion started to annoy me a little bit over time.
Hope it makes sence because I'm not very good with words
If you want to know where your heart is look to where your mind goes when it wanders
Image
User avatar
Daicy
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:05 pm
Location: Kolín Czech Republic Europe

Re: RDA video interview 22 January

Post by Daicy »

zuzik2301 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:35 pm You're welcome. ;) I'm more than happy to share the link with all of you and hopefully make you happy to watch it.
Daicy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:04 pm
zuzik2301 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:59 am I'm looking forward to it, sort of. Because I have a terrible week so it'll be.. well nice. Like, I paid one more month to see it but I'm not planning subscribe them after. But I don't like how they're promoting that. Maybe it's just me but I feel like they use Rick for getting more subscribers...
It's my feeling too. I also don't like it. Such promotion rather discourages fans and may even upset them. If I paid for my membership just for an interview with the RDA and then found the interview freely available without paying, I would not be satisfied.
Yeah, it was like video every few days and join us and... It was getting annoying.
Like, the livestream was great. Very funny and.. well great. I paid one more month to watch it and I don't regret it now. But the promotion started to annoy me a little bit over time.
Hope it makes sence because I'm not very good with words
I understand without a problem. My translator translated it fluently, swiftly and without protest. I don't speak English, I have machines for it. I also hope you understand me.

The video is great. I have downloaded it on my mobile phone so I can play it repeatedly offline.

The promotion was annoying. Already in November, they wanted to pay for membership, that the January video with the RDA will be available only to members. There were alerts from Twitter and YouTube. Amanda Tapping lured in the video. And then everything was different. A business trick I don't like.
Daicy :)
User avatar
Wathorighh
Posts: 289
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:10 pm
Location: South of Hamburg/Germany

Re: RDA video interview 22 January

Post by Wathorighh »

Wathorighh wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:51 am
zuzik2301 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:59 pm Here is the link for the livestream. Hope it'll work ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rib1Tm8S9J8
Thank you sooo much for the link. I had so much fun
watching it. :D
Just wanted to rewatch it. The video isn't available for me anymore. It's set "private ". :( I wished I had downloaded it.
**Andrea**
ergomac23
Posts: 1103
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:48 am

Re: RDA video interview 22 January

Post by ergomac23 »

zuzik2301 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:59 pm Here is the link for the livestream. Hope it'll work ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rib1Tm8S9J8
thank you for the link I only watched half of it as I was busy the past few days I tried to finish watching it today and :( it is as wathorighh had said set to "private" oh well I am happy for the half I did watch :D
User avatar
Beata
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:56 am

Re: RDA video interview 22 January

Post by Beata »

I believe the Companion said that they would put the Live recorded Q&A up in a few days on youtube.com for everyone to enjoy. We just have to be patient. Which believe me is hard to do. In other words free.

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Post Reply