RDA what does it stand for?

LTTPlits

Re: RDA what does it stand for?

Post by LTTPlits »

Oh, so, so glad you did, MacGyverGirl.... :D When I posted my last reply, after awhile I thought interest in the topic must have perished and its existence must be just hanging by a thread :roll:...

So, good one and apt! Who knows at this point, what descriptions were used or not, but in honor of your feat of thread-revival :lol:, may I propose a series based upon "Ridiculously," if that catches your interest.... I know you catch my meaning.... :P ;)

This one applies to RDA and all the roles he played over the years... no matter how dark the character he played, he wasn't able to hide that particular light under a bushel.... ;)

Ridiculously Dishy Allure
Dutchie81

Post by Dutchie81 »

So are we doing RDA's which begin with Ridiculous?

I've got one....butt (extra t inteded) I don't know if I can post it here...it's also more of an esthetic feature of the man, than a way to describe his personality...

:oops:
Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity.
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Hey, Dutchie81, if you look back, at various times we have focused on an appreciation of his various, uh, aesthetic aspects, I remember even posting one using "derriere!" to your "but with the extra t"! So, not limited to personality at all. We were just trying to get the game going again, as we try to play off what we each post. As to what you can post here, Kate is the final arbiter. In terms of diction and words, she told me that if they appeared in the show, they were fine (Believe me, Jack gives a lot of a latitude! :P ) and then here, well we try to maintain some decorum... ;)
Dutchie81

Post by Dutchie81 »

Well in that case
He's got a Ridiculous Delightful Ass...
Dutchie81

Post by Dutchie81 »

But, after seeing The Broca Divide yesterday...also
Rabid (but still) Dependable Animal comes to mind....
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

Oh, so we're going in that direction, Dutchie81! ;)

I'm going to cheat and start with Ridiculously...

Ridiculously Desirable Appeal
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Well done, Dutchie81!! I know many will be behind you :roll: on that point of view! And I have to say, what a great idea to use a particular episode as the inspiration, as it gets hard after doing this for awhile to find new things to say. That was a great take on Broca Divide!..... (Happy to see you going on into Jack-territory. Hope you're enjoying it.... :D )

Hey, MacGyverGirl, that's no cheat and very accurate!!!

So, I love that idea of an episode prompt, so I'm going to switch gears and try my hand at that.... In Show and Tell (SG-1 late season 2), Jack's relationship with the boy who comes to warn them reveals yet another very appealing side to his character (and great acting by RDA), his understanding and kindness toward children:

Remarkably Discerning Attentiveness
Dutchie81

Post by Dutchie81 »

Well, only on season 1. But I really do like it. First couple of episodes I was still trying to see way too much MacGyver in him. I honestly thought he was going to make a bomb using the tissuepaperbox in the pilot episode....

But he's Jack now, and what a wonderful man that is. I like the roughness/toughness there.

I also love his Radiant Delightful Appearance as shown in his flashbacks with Sara in Cold Lazarus
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

You summed Jack up well, Dutchie81, his "roughness/tenderness." Besides the amazing acting job RDA does in Show and Tell, his sensitivity to this young boy and the tenderness of his feelings, amplified by grief for the loss of his son... well, you see it all in the last frame. Still brings tears to my eyes.... So glad you're liking Jack on his own terms! And, I agree that in Cold Lazarus, we get to see what an appealing and attractive husband and father he had been...
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

Dutchie81, I am in season 4 of SG1 and like yourself, I had to separate Jack from MacGyver. It's not been easy but I am now appreciating Jack with his "roughness/tenderness" but most importantly his snark (my favorite feature, which came out in the later seasons of MacGyver).

So, going with the trend and some fans favorite SG1 episode, "Window of Opportunity"...

Repressed Desires Arise ;)
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."