Re: Guess the RDA Screenshot

Post by JB5 »

Thank you jp - very gracious!!!

Try this one -

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

I can tell you the SG-1 episodes he wore it in... Window of Opportunity and Upgrades. But more than that I can't say (Oh, I can read the labels, mind you!).... but my guess is actually that my knowledge of RDA will not be extensive enough for this game. :o :( Oh, well....
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Hint - check out the photos in the gallery.........!
Love the hat!
J
8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Thanks for the hint, J. ;) So, I found the photo: the NATPE convention in New Orleans 1/24/2000.... I saw he also wore the same hat to the Man in the Moon premiere the year before and in those two SG-1 episodes I'd recognized it from... so he clearly loved the hat! Do you know where he first got it or its significance? Inquiring minds want to know! :D
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Yep - you're right jp!! 😊😊

No idea where he actually got the hat!!! But it's by an Italian clothing company called Napapijri - which you can still buy today, including with the "vintage" logo of the Norwegian flag. RDA seemed to have quite a few of their clothes - sweatshirts, jackets, fleeces, hats etc that he wore on Stargate SG-1 as off duty Jack and you can see him wearing in some Behind The Scenes shots too. Whether they were his own or bought for him by the Wardrobe department, I know not! And his answer to a similar question posed to the Stargate panel at FedCon doesn't make an answer to this any clearer!

Your turn ....(if you want to continue this game.....).....

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:50 pm Whether they were his own or bought for him by the Wardrobe department, I know not! And his answer to a similar question posed to the Stargate panel at FedCon doesn't make an answer to this any clearer!
Oh, and why am I not surprised by that?!! ;) :lol:
So, how about this one.... Even Rick goes, uh.... fishing.... ;)

By the way, being new to this particular game, are we allowed to pick screenshots from his various lives on-screen (oh, please say yes!) or can they only be from his "real" life off-screen?!!
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Hey jp
LTTPlits wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:24 pm By the way, being new to this particular game, are we allowed to pick screenshots from his various lives on-screen (oh, please say yes!) or can they only be from his "real" life off-screen?!!
You're asking me about rules???!!! :shock: :shock: I defer to the more experienced members of this forum - but I don't see why you can't pick ANY photo......? (and I suspect I know where your mind is going jp.... :P :P :P )

And the fishing one - well apparently its the 4Renegade ad from Gentlemen's Quarterly - August, 1987.....

Fishing, huh??!! ;) ;) ;)

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

That was reasonable advice, so here is what mac_jack_fangirl, the originator of the topic, had to say on the subject:
mac_jack_fangirl wrote: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:32 am Post a screenshot from any of RDA's shows. It doesn't necessarily have to have him in the shot but some prop or other person or place helps to narrow it down. Make it as easy or as hard as you want.
Give a clue if no one guesses correctly after a few times. The one who guesses correctly gets to post the next one. If no one posts after a few days after guessing, post a reminder to check in.
Using the screen captures from gateworld and other online places is fine or make your own.
Have fun!
From a (very) cursory overview, I have to say that more of the recent ones have been screenshots from RDA's off-screen life.... Maybe since the game has been going on since 2014, they felt they'd exhausted the shows and, so, changed the rules. So, I say and I hope you agree, that since we seem to be the only ones playing right now, that all of it is good: on-screen, off-screen, and in-between (just being silly! :roll: )
JB5 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:21 pm (and I suspect I know where your mind is going jp.... :P :P :P )
Oh, jeez, J, you know me so well.... ;) 8-)
JB5 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:21 pm And the fishing one - well apparently its the 4Renegade ad from Gentlemen's Quarterly - August, 1987.....
And right you are, J!! You caught the big one! :D
JB5 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:21 pm Fishing, huh??!! ;) ;) ;)
Yeah, fishing.... I bet where RDA was fishing, there were even fish :lol: :lol: :lol: .... Oh, a matter of fact, there were, to coin a phrase, plenty of fish in that particular sea... :o :shock: ;)

Your turn....
JB5

Post by JB5 »

ok jp- so let's do this...... ;) ;) ;)

Try this one.........

LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Excellent choice, J! SG-1! :D The background includes Jaffa from many different groups in an outdoor setting. That's gotta be from The Warrior.... Jack is standing around, underwhelmed and unconvinced about the wonderfulness of Kytano and just a little concerned about the enthusiasm of Teal'c and Bratac....