THUNK!!

LTTPlits

Re: THUNK!!

Post by LTTPlits »

And while we are on the subject of his looking good in uniform... apparently, it can be any uniform!! ;)

JB5

Post by JB5 »

Oh my!!!!!! ;) ;)

Any uniform indeed..... :o

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Oh, my, indeed! ;) :D

So, J, I was waiting to see if anyone would respond! And you are the lucky winner.... I've been trying to revive this thread for a while and thought of the idea of making it more like a game, of picking a theme for favorite pix that we can stay with until we have either exhausted the theme or ourselves (or both!) :lol: .... With this last one, I decided on "uniforms" to follow up my earlier preoccupation with kilts (a kind of uniform, I guess ;) ) and then Jack's dress blues. This seemed a reasonable next good place to go: Fire Chief Jack! It doesn't have to be just Jack, but you know me... So, you wanna play, J??!!! I think there are more uniforms in the gallery (or in his closet :D )... but at any point, the focus can be shifted to something new (and even more creative!) to select favorite pix that make us think..."thunk!" ;) So, whaddya say, huh, huh, huh??!!! :P :P :P (But of course, J, no harm, no foul, if it doesn't appeal.... :) )
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

LTTPlits wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:14 pm Oh, my, indeed! ;) :D

So, J, I was waiting to see if anyone would respond! And you are the lucky winner.... I've been trying to revive this thread for a while and thought of the idea of making it more like a game, of picking a theme for favorite pix that we can stay with until we have either exhausted the theme or ourselves (or both!) :lol: .... With this last one, I decided on "uniforms" to follow up my earlier preoccupation with kilts (a kind of uniform, I guess ;) ) and then Jack's dress blues. This seemed a reasonable next good place to go: Fire Chief Jack! It doesn't have to be just Jack, but you know me... So, you wanna play, J??!!! I think there are more uniforms in the gallery (or in his closet :D )... but at any point, the focus can be shifted to something new (and even more creative!) to select favorite pix that make us think..."thunk!" ;) So, whaddya say, huh, huh, huh??!!! :P :P :P (But of course, J, no harm, no foul, if it doesn't appeal.... :) )
can I play jp ? :D not sure if this is a uniform but it looks like one to me ;)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

ergomac23 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:53 pm can I play jp ? :D not sure if this is a uniform but it looks like one to me ;)
Hey, Erg, so happy you want to! :D :D :D Oh, yes, I'd say that qualifies as a uniform and I can see why it is a favorite pic of yours... He looks so young and cute! ;) :D

Here is one of my favorites of him in dress blues, later on down the line, looking, if I must say so myself, mighty fine... ;)

MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

Thanks for reviving this thread, JP!

I'll bite! ;)

"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

MacGyverGirl wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:00 am I'll bite! ;)
So glad you did, MacGyverGirl!!! :D If I remember correctly, Mac was not having a good day, but his hair certainly was... ;) (though maybe not in the Army's opinion... :lol: )

By the way, where was your pic from, Erg? I don't recognize it!

Let us not forget our stalwart airline pilot, Captain James Holland, who flew the not-so-friendly skies, while looking cool and debonair...

Imagee ot!
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

LTTPlits wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:19 am
By the way, where was your pic from, Erg? I don't recognize it!
it's a publicity photo from 1985 he looks like a forest ranger to me in that photo :D

now this next one from "beyond betrayal" I know he plays a guy with a lot of problems but gosh he looks good in this uniform :P

and my favorite movie he did "in the eye's of a stranger " he's wearing a badge so I'm saying technically a uniform ;)

LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

ergomac23 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:53 am it's a publicity photo from 1985 he looks like a forest ranger to me in that photo :D
Thanks, Erg. You find the greatest old photos.... Could be a forest ranger! In any case, he's officially on the case for Canada! :D
ergomac23 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:53 am now this next one from "beyond betrayal" I know he plays a guy with a lot of problems but gosh he looks good in this uniform :P
Good pick.... he's scarily good at playing scary men, who are, oh so attractive....
ergomac23 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:53 am and my favorite movie he did "in the eye's of a stranger " he's wearing a badge so I'm saying technically a uniform ;)
You'll get no argument from me on that! I can't say it's my favorite of his movies... but, to quote you, "gosh."

So my favorite of his movies (other than "Stargate: Continuum") are "Pandora's Clock" (looking swell in another uniform) and "Past the Bleachers." So while he doesn't really wear a uniform in that one, in honor of it... Here he is (without that dopey mustache!) wearing the uniform of America's favorite pastime and my favorite sport, baseball. And, let me say that, if you watch teams play as I have, you come to the realization that it's actually a hard uniform to wear well, but RDA rises to that challenge admirably ;) :

Even while injured!

ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

wow jp great photos and your right he is better without the dopey mustache :lol: to me there has to be a beard attached

first pic is of emerald point NAS

second my second fav movie he did "ordinary heroes"

did you know during this movie he had acting lessons to tap into his emotions as an actor it would have been a very difficult roll to take on but his attempts to get Maria at the start wouldn't have taken much i could picture him in his younger days being at least a little like Tony :lol: