Fan Mail

Rosely Teles

Re: Fan Mail

Post by Rosely Teles »

Goodnight. I am from Brazil. Thank you for adding me to the site. I wrote to Rick....a response from him would be a gift, but i understand him not wanting to favor some people . I just wanted to tell him that i was enchanted when i saw him on television for the first time,he was MacGyver and i was a 6 year old child, and for me he was my childhood friend, his look of tranquility and that beautiful childlike smile helped me face many things. I wish one day i could say that to him... my friend Rick.
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

As usual, I’m a little late to respond, but that’s one of the great things about this site - you really aren’t ever too late!

Welcome to everyone new here. Rick doesn’t respond individually, but Kate assures us he has access so he may read through the messages left here. He does send wonderful notes to Kate about little things going on in his life. I think all of us feel like he’s a friend, just like so many we meet on media, but not in person.

If you ever get a chance to attend a convention he’s at, do it. He makes time, even if it’s only a moment, for each person. He is delightful to meet, and humble and sweet, and interesting, and very happy to meet you, too. And do tell him you’re one of his “wild loyalists”.

So, welcome, and enjoy. Take time to visit the whole site. Kate has done, and continues to do, an amazing job.
Rosely Teles

Post by Rosely Teles »

Hello, how are you?

Does anyone know if we can write to Rick more than once? I mean, if we remember something we didn't say in the previous message...I wouldn't want to be blocked.

Thanks.
Rosely Teles

Post by Rosely Teles »

GWhite wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:28 pm As usual, I’m a little late to respond, but that’s one of the great things about this site - you really aren’t ever too late!

Welcome to everyone new here. Rick doesn’t respond individually, but Kate assures us he has access so he may read through the messages left here. He does send wonderful notes to Kate about little things going on in his life. I think all of us feel like he’s a friend, just like so many we meet on media, but not in person.

If you ever get a chance to attend a convention he’s at, do it. He makes time, even if it’s only a moment, for each person. He is delightful to meet, and humble and sweet, and interesting, and very happy to meet you, too. And do tell him you’re one of his “wild loyalists”.

So, welcome, and enjoy. Take time to visit the whole site. Kate has done, and continues to do, an amazing job.
Hello!! thank you very much. I would really like to one day go to one of these fan conventions, to see him, talk to him even briefly, and take a photo, unfortunately in my country there are no such events, even though everyone here loves the RDA. But if there was, I would go, it would be a dream come true. Thanks
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Rosely Teles wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:45 pm Hello, how are you?

Does anyone know if we can write to Rick more than once? I mean, if we remember something we didn't say in the previous message...I wouldn't want to be blocked.

Thanks.
More than once is okay. There is not a set limit - it's more like the frequency within a certain time period that can trigger the filter.

Consider it from RDA's point of view. There have been a few people who want to be "noticed," so they try to write frequently, hoping to get his attention. But then consider that RDA logs in and sees multiple messages from only a few people - it gives the impression that they are the only people posting there, so he is actually LESS likely to log in to read messages if he thinks it will only be more of the same. That has actually happened a few times, where he just stopped logging in, and if that happens, it's not fair to all the other fans who wish to write. In those cases, I adjusted the filter, and that's why some people may find themselves blocked - it's a safety precaution for both RDA and the fans.

Having said that, there are usually a lot of messages posted during the holidays, and then again for his birthday, for example. Not a problem. :)

Kate
Rosely Teles

Post by Rosely Teles »

KateR wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:22 pm
Rosely Teles wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:45 pm Hello, how are you?

Thanks.
More than once is okay. There is not a set limit - it's more like the frequency within a certain time period that can trigger the filter.

Consider it from RDA's point of view. There have been a few people who want to be "noticed," so they try to write frequently, hoping to get his attention. But then consider that RDA logs in and sees multiple messages from only a few people - it gives the impression that they are the only people posting there, so he is actually LESS likely to log in to read messages if he thinks it will only be more of the same. That has actually happened a few times, where he just stopped logging in, and if that happens, it's not fair to all the other fans who wish to write. In those cases, I adjusted the filter, and that's why some people may find themselves blocked - it's a safety precaution for both RDA and the fans.

Having said that, there are usually a lot of messages posted during the holidays, and then again for his birthday, for example. Not a problem. :)

Kate

Hi Kate!!!

I understand and completely agree with RDA, that's why I asked, I don't intend to harm others and even less to upset you.

Thank you so much for responding, you are incredible.
Thank you once again for the space here on the website.