Guess the Stargate Quote

LTTPlits

Re: Guess the Stargate Quote

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:53 pm
Oversized

Bonus episode 1 - its such a darned shame (if not the crime of the century) in my mind (or eyes?!) that Jack always wears baggy clothes at least two sizes too big for him. ;) In fact he insists on it. Definitely too much fabric covering things up if you ask me...

Bonus round 1 - Our favourite Air Force Colonel fancies some new attire now that the President has given him an additional responsibility :)
Happy to report, J, that I think the trowel finally did its trick in uncovering this one for me (hold the spade!)... :lol:

So, I think this thrown-bone-related comment is from Seth. With Jacob, Jack horns in on the ATF's action, causing its Special Agent Hamner to call the President to dispute their presence, only to discover that the President, "having a thing" for Jack (Who wouldn't?!), is granting him emergency special agent credentials. Jack immediately requests an "oversized" ATF "cool jacket" in XL or XXL. (I so agree with your sentiment about the repeated crime of the century, J... too much hiding in plain sight... *sigh* ;) ) When Hamner wants to know more about why the AF is so interested in Seth's cult, since he has clearance, Jack offers to "throw him a bone".....

So, J, is that the one you were thinking of??!! It better be! :P :P :P

Onward to the next.... as time permits ;)
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:15 pm Oversized

Bonus episode 1 - its such a darned shame (if not the crime of the century) in my mind (or eyes?!) that Jack always wears baggy clothes at least two sizes too big for him. In fact he insists on it. Definitely too much fabric covering things up if you ask me...

Bonus round 1 - Our favourite Air Force Colonel fancies some new attire now that the President has given him an additional responsibility
Happy to report, J, that I think the trowel finally did its trick in uncovering this one for me (hold the spade!)...

So, I think this thrown-bone-related comment is from Seth.
Yay!! Woo-Hoo!!!! as Jack would say!! Oh yeah :P :P Well done!! 🎉🎉 (but no extra points for guessing which episode the Woo-Hoo comes from - far too easy!). Yes bonus round 1 quote is from Seth - a somewhat underrated episode in my opinion - excellent all-round Jack snarkiness, military prowess, leadership, observational skills, one-liners, and not forgetting the Jaffa jokes of rabbits and dripping noses........

So onward with the archaeological excavations jp, trowel firmly in hand ......

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

YAY... :D :D :D You see, everything I know about archeological troweling, I learned from Daniel!!! Obviously it paid off! ;) I agree with you that Seth is a good episode, though not a fave, with some very amusing lines. So, onward.....
JB5 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:53 pm Main event episode - home of the BHSG. Go figure.

Main event - Its Honkin'!
Alrighty then, J, my brain may be getting somewhat back in gear!!! So, now on to the main event..... So, "Cozy" is from Between Two Fires. This is Jack's laconic response to waiting in Travell's office, accompanied by Daniel, for a special tete-a-tete, as requested by Travell after they'd attended Omac's funeral. She tantalizes them with a proposal to revisit the possibility of sharing Tollan technology. This will shockingly result in Travell being willing to part with a big honkin' ion cannon or two or... 36..... Yeah, as Jack knows all too well, sometimes a deal can be too good to be true! :lol: :lol:

(I'm afraid to say that the clue of "BHSG" is still lost on me, :o :shock: :?, though you, GWhite, clearly got the reference. So someone wanna enlighten me???!!! :P )
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:32 pm Main event episode - home of the BHSG. Go figure.

Main event - Its Honkin'!
Alrighty then, J, my brain may be getting somewhat back in gear!!! So, now on to the main event..... So, "Cozy" is from Between Two Fires.
On fire jp!! 🔥🔥Yep, its from Between Two Fires - set on Tollana, home of the Big Honking Space Guns that Jack is always desperate to get his hands on.

Extra special kudos to GWhite for getting this "Jacronym"!!
GWhite wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:42 am BHSG? Rofl! Got it. Def not British. Pure Jack.
Two down, one to go....
8-)
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Jacronym. Love it. And so true!
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Gotta agree with GWhite, J.... "Jacronym" is priceless. And just maybe deserves its own topic, FCOL ;)
Last edited by LTTPlits on Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:53 pm Two down, one to go....
Sadly, J, I've come up bone dry :o :shock: :( and need another clue for said remaining thrown 🦴 :P
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:22 am Sadly, J, I've come up bone dry and need another clue for said remaining thrown
One more bone coming up for bonus round 2 jp - possibly dinosaur-sized :D :lol: :lol: :- Jack O'Neill's immortal lines in The Companion AI table read with RDA
LTTPlits wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:55 am Gotta agree with GWhite, J.... "Jacronym" is priceless. And just maybe deserves its own topic, FCOL
Aww thank you guys! :P Actually I was thinking the exact same thing about making it a new topic. Funny.

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Yeah, J, as Jack would retort, "Funny." :P

Haven't had the chance to cogitate on your clue yet.... But am clearing up some space and time... :D
Last edited by LTTPlits on Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Space is good jp (gosh - could that be an itsy bitsy extra clue??!!! :P :o )

8-)