Guess the Stargate Quote

JB5

Re: Guess the Stargate Quote

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:00 pm So you never said... did I correctly get your bonus question?
Oops! :oops: :oops: Yes - absolutely correct jp - it was Its Good to Be King. Well done! :P
LTTPlits wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:00 pm In the one you are citing, it is simply, "Got nothin," unlike my quotation which was "Yeah, I got nothin'." I warned you that Jack is a tricky one, and uses variations of the same theme repeatedly (and why? because they work so well in so many situations)
Funny. So my something was nothin' after all. :roll: :roll: There's another "Got nothin'" in Zero Hour when Jack's new aide is asking the General if he thinks he can get all the problems sorted out in one more day before the President's visit (SG-1 supposedly captured by Ba'al, the gate inoperable and the base overrun with an alien Triffid-like plant). Jack postulates momentarily that there may be a joke in the aide's statement, then adds "Got nothin'" when he obviously can't think of one. However, on the basis that this "Got nothin'" is missing a "Yeah I" then it seems I still got nothin'. :twisted:

So ever onward..... :? :?

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Well, alrighty then, J!! Glad to hear. It's Good to be Right... sometimes! :P :D

Now, as to your having got nothin', I beg to differ... I confess that I'd forgotten that fine example... so that's two excellent examples of "Got nothin,'" showing that indeed you got somethin', just, well, maybe not the exact somethin' I was thinking of when I chose his other, more expansive :P version of the same sentiment.... So, trudge onward, J.... I have complete confidence... :lol:
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:05 am Now, as to your having got nothin', I beg to differ... I confess that I'd forgotten that fine example... so that's two excellent examples of "Got nothin,'" showing that indeed you got somethin', just, well, maybe not the exact somethin' I was thinking of when I chose his other, more expansive version of the same sentiment.... So, trudge onward, J.... I have complete confidence...
So glad to have got somethin' out of nothin'. Really. Just need to find some more somethin's of nothin's.......

So - trudging it is jp. Ever onwards. Yep - lots of trudging. Literally. Today. :lol: :lol:

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:18 pm So glad to have got somethin' out of nothin'. Really. Just need to find some more somethin's of nothin's.......

So - trudging it is jp. Ever onwards. Yep - lots of trudging. Literally. Today. :lol: :lol:
So, while you are trudging onwards, J, maybe it would help to focus for a moment... or two back on the main event :D and then maybe this somethin' will just come to you out of nothin', but no need to thank me. In fact, "think nothing of it. I've got plenty of that." (And, for another bonus round: in which episode did Jack make that self-effacing comment? :P :P :P I know, hardly fair to add another but I just couldn't resist and, anyway, I think this one is pretty straightforward... ;) :lol: )
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:45 pm then maybe this somethin' will just come to you out of nothin', but no need to thank me
So I've trudged jp, and focused, and I think I've got somethin'. Finally. :P

I mean, it's not my first barbecue but I've been pulling nothin's out of, well, nothin' for too long now. So here's somethin'. I found the "Yeah, I" to go with the "got nothin'". Yeah, I did. :D :D

It's from Zero Hour part 2 when Jack is trying to work out what the thing is that he built in his head on board Thor's ship after Thor has revived him from his Antarctican stasis. Turns out its an anti-Replicator gun. Definitely not nothin'. :roll:

Oh - and I'm not going to thank you for that very small, nay insignificant, completely unnoticeable until I had solved it anyway clue. I didn't think anything of it. I did in fact think nothing of it. :lol: :lol:
LTTPlits wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:45 pm In fact, "think nothing of it. I've got plenty of that." (And, for another bonus round: in which episode did Jack make that self-effacing comment?
That would be Grace jp. Brain cells working just fine and not concussed for that one. This is at the end when Carter is recovering in the infirmary and she thanks Jack - to which he asks "For what?" and she responds "Nothing".

And you can take it as a no that I'm no longer still stumped on the main question and the other bonus question. I am. Stumped that is. So more trudging. No clues needed just yet though. Gonna see if the synapses fire a bit more first.

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:50 pm So I've trudged jp, and focused, and I think I've got somethin'. Finally. :P
I mean, it's not my first barbecue but I've been pulling nothin's out of, well, nothin' for too long now. So here's somethin'. I found the "Yeah, I" to go with the "got nothin'". Yeah, I did. :D :D
It's from Zero Hour part 2 when Jack is trying to work out what the thing is that he built in his head on board Thor's ship after Thor has revived him from his Antarctican stasis. Turns out its an anti-Replicator gun. Definitely not nothin'. :roll:
:D :D :D YAY!!!! I'm going to give you the full bonus point, J, because you clearly knew the context and you knew it was from the Part 2 of something but, well, you see, it's not exactly that something. And since there is no Part 2 of Zero Hour, I know it was just one huge, honkin', typo :P :P :P It's from New Order Part 2.
JB5 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:50 pm Oh - and I'm not going to thank you for that very small, nay insignificant, completely unnoticeable until I had solved it anyway clue. I didn't think anything of it. I did in fact think nothing of it. :lol: :lol:

That would be Grace jp. Brain cells working just fine and not concussed for that one. This is at the end when Carter is recovering in the infirmary and she thanks Jack - to which he asks "For what?" and she responds "Nothing".
On fire, J!!! Yessss. Exactly so... :lol: :lol: :lol:
JB5 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:50 pm And you can take it as a no that I'm no longer still stumped on the main question and the other bonus question. I am. Stumped that is. So more trudging. No clues needed just yet though. Gonna see if the synapses fire a bit more first.
Stump onward... sometimes it just takes time to get in the know... ;) :lol:
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:26 am And since there is no Part 2 of Zero Hour, I know it was just one huge, honkin', typo It's from New Order Part 2.
Oh my!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Holding head very firmly in hands....... Brain synapses completely misfiring! :o :o :o :o Yes - I did mean New Order Part 2. Never going to live this down....... Thank you for your generosity jp in correcting my great big faux pas and awarding me the bonus point. :P :P

And to deflect from my very embarrassing mistake, for a bonus point in what episode did Jack exclaim "Oh my"? :P
LTTPlits wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:26 am And you can take it as a no that I'm no longer still stumped on the main question and the other bonus question. I am. Stumped that is. So more trudging. No clues needed just yet though. Gonna see if the synapses fire a bit more first.
Stump onward... sometimes it just takes time to get in the know...
JB5 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:16 pm So, go ahead, hit me with your best shot... I hear you saying to yourself, as Jack did, for another bonus point, in what episode, "What, you're suddenly stumped?"
Trudged far enough. Stumped no longer I say! This is from Cure. Jack is surprised that the Tok'ra Malek admits that they may not be able to solve the problem with the defective gene in the Tok'ra Queen Egeria's offspring. Quite a surprise admission from the usually all-knowing, arrogant not-Goa'ulds.

Just the main question left......be right back.
8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:04 pm Oh my!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Holding head very firmly in hands....... Brain synapses completely misfiring! :o :o :o :o Yes - I did mean New Order Part 2. Never going to live this down....... Thank you for your generosity jp in correcting my great big faux pas and awarding me the bonus point. :P :P
Of course, you will live this down; in fact, you already have; it is already forgotten. I KNEW you knew the correct answer... Your fingers on the other hand were just having a field day and misbehavin'. :lol: Maybe it was RDA's influence. You may need to have a serious talk with them about ad libbing!
JB5 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:16 pm Trudged far enough. Stumped no longer I say! This is from Cure. Jack is surprised that the Tok'ra Malek admits that they may not be able to solve the problem with the defective gene in the Tok'ra Queen Egeria's offspring. Quite a surprise admission from the usually all-knowing, arrogant not-Goa'ulds.
EXCELLENT!!!! :D :D :D Yes, I'm sure on some level, Jack savored the moment. ;)
JB5 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:04 pm And to deflect from my very embarrassing mistake, for a bonus point in what episode did Jack exclaim "Oh my"? :P
Well, I can hear him say this in "Past and Present," (a favorite episode!) when he ventures into the lab and finds Sam and Doc looking pretty defeated by their lack of progress in producing a way to reverse the memory issues, courtesy of the Vorlix. He further expounds by stating that there is a distinct lack of optimism in the room.
JB5 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:04 pm Just the main question left......be right back.
And unlike in that room, in this room, there is complete optimism that you will indeed be right back with the answer! :P :P :P
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Well done jp! 🎉🎉 Bonus point earned, although I was actually thinking of a different episode in which Jack proclaims Oh my!. Second bonus point on offer if you know which episode.

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Yes, why am I not surprised, J!!! But very decent of you to give me the bonus point anyway! So, I'll be cogitating on this and will get back to you! ;) I'm just not the kind of person to throw a challenge and chance for a bonus point away. :P :P :P