Guess the Stargate Quote

JB5

Re: Guess the Stargate Quote

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:36 pm Oh my, aren't you the tricky one, J????!!!! But it just so happens that I know this quotation very well. Not that I have a limited attention span or am easily bored by any means, but I have found myself muttering this to myself on more than one occasion when faced with some of the more tedious but required tasks of my work....

So, this is from Continuum (like I said, tricky!!!):
Super mega well done jp!! 🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏🥳🥳🥳 Yep, was well aware that this was "tricky" but couldn't resist it given the relevance of the words to our thread!! :P :P
Yes it is from Continuum - a great quote! And this alone deserves cake, let alone the 1000 posts. 🍰🍰🍰 Yep. Definitely. Chocolate or vanilla??
Your turn......

And as for the bonus question from years ago :roll: :roll: ;) ;)
LTTPlits wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:36 pm And as to your citation for the use of "oh, my," well, I thought it was in hand, and then to my horror, when I rewatched said episode, it was only "oh!" So, oh my, back to the proverbial drawing board... which never has me "bored"
Ye Gods jp, haven't you figured this out yet?? :P :P :shock: :shock:

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:59 pm Yes it is from Continuum - a great quote! And this alone deserves cake, let alone the 1000 posts. 🍰🍰🍰 Yep. Definitely. Chocolate or vanilla??
Thank you, J, for the virtual cake! Over a 1000 posts deserves some recognition, I think! I would go with vanilla, but you could make it Strawberry Shortcake and I wouldn't mind. Not one bit! :D
JB5 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:59 pm And as for the bonus question from years ago :roll: :roll: ;) ;) Ye Gods jp, haven't you figured this out yet?? :P :P :shock: :shock:
Yes, I know... I confess I haven't had as much time to devote to targeted rewatches and research to look for arcane quotations because reality (Does the phrase "tax season," mean anything to you guys on the other side of the Pond? :shock: :cry: For me, it means horror, abhorrence, and endless tedium... I imagine I will be using that quotation from Jack quite a lot in the coming days and weeks) and then there is work.... So, sufficed it to say, I have not been able, Ye Gods, to give the matter the full attention it deserves (but it's not as if I didn't come up with one perfectly fine example of Jack using that exclamation right off the bat... :P )... So, while this lamentable state of affairs may continue for a bit, oh my, ;) let us not be distracted from the main event....

So, how about this?
Yes, at least we have that.

Because, of course, we do.... :P :P :P
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

So, J, now that I see that you are back on the Board... I would appreciate a little nudge, pointing me in the direction, oh my, of the example of that exclamation that you had been thinking of... though you graciously gave me a bonus point for the one I had thought of, which, oh my. you hadn't :P ! Kind of you as always! :D
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:39 pm So, J, now that I see that you are back on the Board... I would appreciate a little nudge, pointing me in the direction, oh my, of the example of that exclamation that you had been thinking of... though you graciously gave me a bonus point for the one I had thought of, which, oh my. you hadn't ! Kind of you as always!
Yep - back sporadically at the moment jp - not tax season for me but "year end" - equally all consuming, a hard slog, tedium yada yada.... :evil: :roll:

So there have already been a few subtle nudges sent your way - they may have been a little too subtle however :roll: :roll: but to recap - Ye gods were rolling........

Oh - and Carter was there. :P :P

8-)
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:04 pm So, how about this?
Ok jp so I confess that I haven't really had any time to do some serious homework on this - and my memory obviously doesn't have that. So at least could I have a "small" clue please? :?

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Well, howdy, J!!! Before I give you your requested clue... Oh, my! I think I have two (well, two-ish ;) ) other instances of Jack exclaiming that in wonder. In Thor's Chariot, Jack is awestruck as a dark cloud rolling in heralds the arrival of Thor's Chariot, as big and honkin' a spaceship as Jack could ever hope for, come to decimate the Goa'uld and their Jaffa! And then, because he was so fond of that particularly vivid memory, when asked what race could defeat the Goa'uld, he recalls that moment in Out of Mind, projected holographically onto a screen, courtesy of an inserted memory device. They said it was from the "Tok'ra," but maybe it was the original Goa'uld model... (oh, I don't know, maybe just because they were! :lol: ) ! But you see it is the same use but used twice.... :P :P I will accept one or two bonus points (so magnanimous of me! ;) ).... Unless, oh my, this was again not at all the example you were thinking of and then it would have a very different meaning.... :( :cry:

Now, as to your clue, think of this as like playing hide-and-seek in the desert... :P :P :P
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:59 pm Well, howdy, J!!! Before I give you your requested clue... Oh, my! I think I have two (well, two-ish ) other instances of Jack exclaiming that in wonder. In Thor's Chariot, Jack is awestruck as a dark cloud rolling in heralds the arrival of Thor's Chariot, as big and honkin' a spaceship as Jack could ever hope for, come to decimate the Goa'uld and their Jaffa!
Howdy jp!! Definitely rollin', rollin', rollin' (sorry - wrong show - howdy's gone to my head!🤠🤠). And most definitely ON FIRE 🔥🔥🔥(the chariots that is! :lol: :lol: )
Yep - Thor's Chariot is correct. The episode where Jack sports a mystery black mark on his face halfway through - any suggestions??!! :roll: :roll:
I'll give you two bonus points for sheer tenacity jp in hanging in there to get this!!

Meanwhile, I've got some games to play in the sand - apparently! :? :?

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

J, just sending a shout-out to you! :D I know that you are very busy with work :( but just wanted to make sure that you didn't get lost in the sand dunes and perhaps needed another clue... which I would happily supply! Otherwise, proceed on, take your time, and don't forget to take some water... deserts being what they are! :P :P :P

PS: Will have to go back and look at that black smudge on Jack's face... and will render a thought or two.... :lol:
JB5

Post by JB5 »

Hey jp
Thanks for the nudge - I deserved it!! :roll: :roll: Been wandering around the desert in a heat haze🐫🐫 , looking behind every sand dune and examining every grain of sand to no avail - but was obviously so dehydrated (or should I say "boned"! :P ) that I missed the obvious - just walked right on by!!! Lesson to oneself - focus sooner! :cry: :cry:
LTTPlits wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:04 pm So, how about this?
This is from Exodus Part 1 - While Carter and Jacob are busy blowing up a sun to try to take out Apophis, Jack and Teal'c grab a glider to chase after an enemy ship that they realise is heading to Vorash to pick up Tanith. They crash land on the planet and it looks questionable as to whether they will escape before the sun blows up destroying the planet. This is Jack's response to Teal'c when he comments that at least they will have prevented Tanith from escaping. A great episode with far too many great Jack quotes!!! The Tok'ra and Jacob always bring out the best in his cynical sarcasm!

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

On fire, J, as usual🔥🔥🔥... that is, :P when you were finally able to put your mind to it, wiping the sand grains from outta your eyes, seeing to your hydration, 🧃and putting on those ever so nifty sunglasses,😎 so you were no longer blinded by the light...🎵🎶 So, yes, 100% correct! 👏👏👏🥳🥳🥳And, oh my, you're so right: what a lot of wonderfully snarky Jack! :lol: :lol: :lol: What every episode needs! 😉

I believe it's your turn.... :D