Guess the Stargate Quote

JB5

Re: Guess the Stargate Quote

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:15 pm How about this one:

Boy, did this get outta hand.

Let's just see that it doesn't....
So my immediate thought is that this is from Fair Game jp? Jack is tasked with negotiating with the System Lords on behalf of Earth to include Earth in the Asgard's Protected Planets Treaty. But after Cronus is attacked and almost killed (purportedly by Teal'c) and the other System Lords are prevented from returning home, they threaten Earth with attack and the President has to prepare to tell the UN about the approaching invasion.

Hopefully my answer isn't outta hand?
8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:13 pm So my immediate thought is that this is from Fair Game jp? Jack is tasked with negotiating with the System Lords on behalf of Earth to include Earth in the Asgard's Protected Planets Treaty. But after Cronus is attacked and almost killed (purportedly by Teal'c) and the other System Lords are prevented from returning home, they threaten Earth with attack and the President has to prepare to tell the UN about the approaching invasion.

Hopefully my answer isn't outta hand?
8-)
As usual, J, you have everything in hand! :lol: :lol: :lol: Right you are! 🎉🎉🥳🥳👏👏👏

So, now it's outta my hands... your turn! :P :P :P
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:39 pm As usual, J, you have everything in hand! Right you are!

So, now it's outta my hands... your turn!
Yay! Gotta hand it to you jp!! :D :D :D

Try this -

Well, we have our moments.

Don't we all jp!!!!

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:32 pm Well, we have our moments.
Don't we all jp!!!!

Yes, J, we absolutely do!! And as well, our Secrets... Jack comments that "we have our moments," when he meets Sam's dad at a cocktail party in Washington DC and he ribs Sam and Jack about their work in Deep Space Radar Telemetry earning them Air Force medals. Great scene. And Jack's face toward the end of the episode when talking with Hammond about the accident...

But, past experience instills fear.... You see, J, I know you. :P :P :P The quotation from this episode has no "Well," preceding it. So, are ya really gonna tell me that this was not the one you were thinking of??!!😮😲😧😱😱😱😱
Dutchie81

Post by Dutchie81 »

Well, officially I haven't seen the episode yet....I'm currently on Season 4 Episode 4 (sooooo close to Window of Opportunity, I'm really excited to see the 'favorite' episode everyone is talking about.

But, I Googled some, and this quote Well we have our moments seems to be coming from Point of No Return (season 4, episode 11)
Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity.
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Hi Dutchie81, you'll love Window of Opportunity. It's great!!! Very funny but with some heartbreaking moments and super acting by RDA.

Welcome! You are brave to venture in without having seen all the episodes but Google apparently has! :P :P :P :lol: I checked and you're right about Point of No Return but only J can say whether that was the one she was thinking of! ;) Along with the episode, we give the context, and at least, I can help you out there: Martin, the alien, is speaking with Jack and Teal'c, as his memory is returning about why he ended up on Earth with some fellow soldiers from his planet. They were sent to find allies to fight the Goa'uld invading their planet. He mentions their disappointment in discovering that humans were not "advanced enough" to help. Going on the defensive, Jack makes this comment on behalf of Earth. (It's another great episode!)

Start getting your quotation ready, Dutchie81. If you're right, you're up! :D
And BTW, I hope you have a great time in Holland!!! ;)
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:52 am But, past experience instills fear.... You see, J, I know you. The quotation from this episode has no "Well," preceding it. So, are ya really gonna tell me that this was not the one you were thinking of??!!
Well, yes jp, I'm afraid that this is one of those moments :o :o ...as you have worked out by now with Dutchie81's help. Its no secret that it isn't from Secrets.
Dutchie81 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:57 am this quote Well we have our moments seems to be coming from Point of No Return (season 4, episode 11)
Yay!!! Well done Dutchie81 - it is indeed from Point of No Return, one of those rare episodes in which Jack wears burnt orange, a personal favourite of yours I know! But no more spoilers - I'll leave it for you to look forward to when you get there. You'll soon be a Stargate SG-1 expert!!! :P :P
LTTPlits wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:00 pm Along with the episode, we give the context, and at least, I can help you out there: Martin, the alien, is speaking with Jack and Teal'c, as his memory is returning about why he ended up on Earth with some fellow soldiers from his planet. They were sent to find allies to fight the Goa'uld invading their planet. He mentions their disappointment in discovering that humans were not "advanced enough" to help. Going on the defensive, Jack makes this comment on behalf of Earth. (It's another great episode!)
You're definitely on point jp with the context of Jack's exclamation! Quite a moment!!

Your turn Dutchie81.....

8-)
Dutchie81

Post by Dutchie81 »

Oooh, my first quote!!

Just watched Window of Opportunity, great one! Loads of funny moments. I was wondering when the obvious Groundhog Day comment would come :lol:

Well, mine is going to be easy, since you know it's going to be in the first 4 seasons...but hopefully it'll be a good one nonetheless

They're at it again
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Congratulations, Dutchie81, on your first!! :D (As Jack would say, "Well, they say the first one is always the hardest."**) This is from one of my favorite episodes, Divide and Conquer.

Jack mutters this to Teal'c as the inquisition by Anise of the rest of Maj Graham's team using the Zatarc Detector (or Zanex Detector! :lol: ) is about to commence. Clearly, Jack's feelings toward the Tok'ra have been changing... ;)

**For a bonus point, J, I KNOW you got this: in what episode did he say that and why?!! :P :P
Last edited by LTTPlits on Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dutchie81

Post by Dutchie81 »

LTTPlits wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:18 pm Congratulations, Dutchie81, on you first!! It's a great choice (and not just because I think I know it! ;) ) from one of my favorite episodes, Divide and Conquer.

Jack mutters this to Teal'c as the inquisition by Anise of the rest of Maj Graham's team using the Zatarc Detector (or Zanex Detector! :lol: ) is about to commence. Clearly Jack's feelings toward the Tok'ra have been changing... ;)
Ah, my turn was short-lived, since you are correct.

I must say the 2nd half of season 3 and in these first episodes of season 4...there a quite a few really good ones! Not just WoO but so many more!

But, it's your turn! Can't wait if I can Crack the code again!