Guess the Stargate Quote

JB5

Re: Guess the Stargate Quote

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:14 pm I understand the dilemma. Good thought but sometimes things are crystal clear, and at other times, not so much....
Thank you jp - very revealing. Revelations - when Jack and Teal'c can't decide which of the crystals they need to remove to take the shields in Anubis' ship offline so Jack zats them all. I mean why hold back?? :P :P
LTTPlits wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:14 pm would you please send me a hint on your quotation? I thought of several situations, involving his least favorite people, in which His Royal Snarkiness might keep them waiting for such an insulting reason, but I came up empty too.... So hint away....
There are definitely certain people that Jack just loves to be snarky with and to keep them waiting - I mean, if he's not taking a nap then he's eating brunch or listening to the gossip about them.

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Well done, J!!! 👏👏👏👏 (And you know how much I enjoy trying to come up with the perfectly helpful hint! ;) )

Will get back to you about yours.... :D
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Okay, J, I've thought about when Jack could have said this, such as when he kept Ba'al, other Goa'ulds, the Tok'ra, the Tollan, the Asgard (other than Thor, of course!), the..... waiting but I just can't summon it up! So I think I will need another little clue.... :(
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:01 pm Okay, J, I've thought about when Jack could have said this, such as when he kept Ba'al, other Goa'ulds, the Tok'ra, the Tollan, the Asgard (other than Thor, of course!), the..... waiting but I just can't summon it up! So I think I will need another little clue....
Well jp, when the time comes, Jack sees it through, no matter what.

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:40 pm There are definitely certain people that Jack just loves to be snarky with and to keep them waiting - I mean, if he's not taking a nap then he's eating brunch or listening to the gossip about them.
AND
JB5 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:40 pm Well jp, when the time comes, Jack sees it through, no matter what.
Putting your hints together, it sounds like Jack facing off snarkily against the Goa-ulds, but other than that, I have a whole lot of nothing but denseness... :( :o :shock: And believe me, J, I have reviewed many, many, many episodes :evil: (even ones involving others on Jack's hit list of unpopular individuals and peoples; jeez, there are so many, human and otherwise! ;) ) .... But I am not ready for you to tell me the answer.... So please, Ma'am, may I have some more??? (With apologies to Charles Dickens!) :P :P :P
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:40 pm There are definitely certain people that Jack just loves to be snarky with and to keep them waiting - I mean, if he's not taking a nap then he's eating brunch or listening to the gossip about them.
AND
JB5 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:40 pm Well jp, when the time comes, Jack sees it through, no matter what.
Putting your hints together, it sounds like Jack facing off snarkily against the Goa-ulds, but other than that, I have a whole lot of nothing but denseness... :( :o :shock: And believe me, J, I have reviewed many, many, many episodes :evil: (even ones involving others on Jack's hit list of unpopular individuals and peoples; jeez, there are so many, human and otherwise! ;) ) .... But I am not ready for you to tell me the answer.... So please, Ma'am, may I have some more??? (With apologies to Charles Dickens!) :P :P :P
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:40 pm But I am not ready for you to tell me the answer.... So please, Ma'am, may I have some more??? (With apologies to Charles Dickens!)
Well, let's just say that Jack is realising that it is not just about firing your P90, fighting intergalactic battles or flying spaceships when you work at the SGC. You also have to be a skilled negotiator and diplomat, a great poker player and be interested in botany. :shock:

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

JB5 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:54 pm Well, let's just say that Jack is realising that it is not just about firing your P90, fighting intergalactic battles or flying spaceships when you work at the SGC. You also have to be a skilled negotiator and diplomat, a great poker player and be interested in botany. :shock:
Excellent clue, J! Saved me from getting a zero on this round ;) !!! Wow, I can't think how this didn't leap to my mind. It's from Zero Hour. Yet, another fabulously snarky interaction with Ba'al, whom Jack keeps waiting, at another point, while he finishes up his lovely brunch of tuna, not impudence*.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Ding, ding, ding. Bonus round: From what episode does this come from?!! :P :P :P
JB5

Post by JB5 »

LTTPlits wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:51 pm Excellent clue, J! Saved me from getting a zero on this round !!! Wow, I can't think how this didn't leap to my mind. It's from Zero Hour. Yet, another fabulously snarky interaction with Ba'al, whom Jack keeps waiting, at another point, while he finishes up his lovely brunch of tuna, not impudence*....
Definitely not zero jp - finally scored the bullseye! :D Yes - it is Zero Hour (and I don't know why it took you so long either (!! :P :P ) - I thought this one would be too easy!! :D :D

And as for the impudent tuna brunch - that would be from Reckoning Part 1 - when Jack keeps Ba'al waiting (again).

Your turn jp......

8-)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Woo-Hoo... :D Better late than never, J! :lol: :lol: Or, as Jack has said on at least one occasion, "I've always preferred now to never."*

*And for a bonus point, just what was that occasion, J?!! :P :P :P
JB5 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:58 pm And as for the impudent tuna brunch - that would be from Reckoning Part 1 - when Jack keeps Ba'al waiting (again).
Oh he does like to do that, doesn't he?!! This bonus round goes to you... completed in lightening flash speed! :D

So, how about this:
We could do better.