Article 'When MacGyver raced a Camaro'

EllenD

Article 'When MacGyver raced a Camaro'

Post by EllenD »

Especially for @desert_crossing and anyone else interested in motorsports, I found this article by a car enthusiast about the episode Collision Course, and the car MacGyver raced in: https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profi ... -a-camaro/.

It was posted just a few days ago. Turns out one of the cars that was used in the show is still running. :) There's also an anecdote from someone in the comments who worked at the local vintage auto parts store that provided the parts for Mac’s Chevy truck and Harry's “57 Nomad.
Last edited by EllenD on Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life, far more important than what you do for a living - RDA
Desert_crossing

Re: Article 'When MacGyver raced a Camaro'

Post by Desert_crossing »

EllenD wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:11 am Especially for @desert_crossing and anyone else interested in motorsports, I found this article by a car enthusiast about the episode Collision Course, and the car MacGyver raced in: https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profi ... -a-camaro/.

It was posted just a few days ago. Turns one of the cars that was used in the show is still running. :) There's also an anecdote from someone in the comments who worked at the local vintage auto parts store that provided the parts for Mac’s Chevy truck and Harry's “57 Nomad.
Ahh what I wouldn’t give to race that car! 😎 so cool.

And one of my fav interviews of him when he’s talking about a motor racing lap. You can tell he loved it. And I mean who wouldn’t! The sound of those engines is something else!

I no longer have a fast car, I will admit that I now have a transporter T6 van. No speed to it (which is good because no more speeding tickets 😂) but it gets me out camping and travelling around, and that’s how I like my life these days. Plus I get to speed (and help people) at work, so all is not lost….😂

Thanks for posting, that was a real treat to read. 😁