Say What?

JB5

Re: Say What?

Post by JB5 »

So Jack's back jp!! :D :D
Great set of pics.....what an eclectic mix of photos and fantastic storylines...!

Love the last photo V - haven't seen that before. Very interesting placement of hands too (both of them!)... ;) ;) :oops: But can't say I blame them.... :D

Here goes....these are turning into mini novels! -

Rick (reflecting) - Oh yes, I've been very fortunate to win many different awards during my long and illustrious career. It's really rewarding when you get recognised....thank you, thank you!!

I remember there was the time I won "Most energetic Rock and Roll newcomer award"......Too bad my singing fame was a bit short-lived though...

And who can forget the "Best Male Blonde Highlights - long hair category" accolade awarded by the California Guild of Hairdressers? I'm very proud of that one - gotta credit Henry Winkler for that really though. I did hear the other day that I've been shortlisted for another of their awards this year - "Most esteemed long haired Silver Fox (retired actor category)". Wow - fingers crossed!!

And then of course there was the honorary team award for SG-1 - "Most number of times saving the planet". Yeah!! Our record still stands....! Pity Danny didn't get the memo about the colour dress code for the award photo though!

But I have to say, nice as it is to get my hands on all these awards and trophies, I'd much rather get my hands on Carter......!
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Oh, well done, V and JB5!! :lol: :lol: And of course, you know me! I will eventually try to get back to Jack... :D

But quite the challenge (especially that last photo; and thank you, V, for that! ;) Love what you did with it, JB5, and mine is, well, on theme! )

JACK: My retirement party was really wonderful. It meant a lot to me to receive all these accolades from my colleagues and friends. I was finally able to shed the blue uniform for civvies, even if dress civvies. Okay, the slide show they put on was a bit embarrassing. I have to find out just who gave them those early photos. They are so in trouble!

Like this one of me pretending to be a rock star... Oh, to be young. Oh, wait.... I was!

Yeah, this length hair would never fly in the Air Force... but I gotta say, I kinda like it. I think I might just grow it longer again... and, you know what? Now I can. It would be that Silver Fox thing.... not bad, not bad at all.

But this photo of SG-1, taken when I was still a colonel leading it and going out on all its missions... well, it reminds me of such good times working with all of them, which didn't stop when I was promoted to general and commander of the SGC. Sometimes, I can't believe that I'm leaving all of that... uh, behind...

But, then again, my retirement does come with ample compensations.... Sam looks smashing tonight and, well, finally, it's possible... if you catch my meaning.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are both so much better at telling stories than me ... last one with these :

Rick ( singing ) : I'm still standing yeah , yeah , yeah ! 🎶

Of course I'm still standing ;)

If you don't mind I'll sit down for a while . After all these years I'm a little tired of standing .

I can't stand alone much longer ...

Luckily I found a great prop . Stay close , Amanda !
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one, V! This is my one-shot cliched conclusion on the topic of yours ;) :D (I can't do anything more with them either!)

JACK thinking: I love my job, all the danger, never knowing what I'll find when I go through the gate, having to be sharp and ready for anything, and having the satisfaction of our saving Earth, yet again. (That never gets old!) So, I need no outside reward. Still, it was nice to hear that unofficially I was voted by my colleagues as... outstanding in the field.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Since I didn't know which way to go...

Rick : Did I do something to my hair ? No , I didn't . I'm very proud of my Mohawk origins that's true but the weather's windy today , that's all .
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

hi great say what's everyone :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry it's been a while been busy lately ...

Rick: oh my hair has always been a morning person it's always up at the crack of dawn
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Excellent pic, V. Don't remember this one! :D
ergomac23 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:02 pm hi great say what's everyone :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry it's been a while been busy lately ...
Great to see you back, Erg! You've been missed!

So onward to the land where cliche is king:
RICK: Changed my hair style? Nope. My hair just seems to have a life of its own (judging from the attention it has gotten over the years) and it still hasn't recovered from that horror movie I just saw. It's so darn sensitive...
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

- You look like a sunbathing porcupine, Rick ;)
Rick : Careful cause I'm very prickly .
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I could hear echoes of Jack in that last line, "Careful...." :D I don't know how much more I can do with this one but here goes....

RICK: Gee, that science exhibit was fun. My hair's still standing on end from static electricity created by rubbing that balloon.... But kind of a nice look. Don't ya think?!
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

:D :D :D That one wasn't meant to last long anyway, jp . You did great ! :D
I'm really impatient to get some news from the con in Bonn so in the meantime ( about the kiss on stage, could be one shot too :) ) :

Rick : She initiated it and took me by surprise . But I didn't want to be rude so I played along . Did I do it right ? Maybe we need another take ? ? Unfortunately we were not rehearsing so we simply hugged and said goodbye to the crowd .
Amanda ( thinking ) : Rehearsals...

Take one , take two , take three, take four ... ;) :oops: