Website Redesign

gone_fishing

Re: Website Redesign

Post by gone_fishing »

Hi Kate,
I was using the non secure site on my laptop and have not had any problems with it,I have just changed to the secure site and all is working well. My phone which was having problems was the secure site,but as I said in an earlier post,it resolved itself after two weeks (and the pictures were working previously to the problem) sorry if that is as clear as mud :D
Now all my devices are working well on the secure site,thank you.
Laugh,Love and be a little crazy. :lol:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:57 am Is it any better now?

Are the browsers that were having problems before now working?

Kate
YES!!!! Both the Firefox and the Google Chrome browsers are working correctly now!

Thank you so much!!!!
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

This isn't really about "Redesign," but rather than start a new topic...

This is a little heads-up that my website server is requiring a major system upgrade before November. I have put it off as long as I can, because it will cost several hundred dollars and there is no guarantee that the website will continue to function after it is completed. :roll:

Since the site was redesigned, the majority of the pages should work properly, but the interactive sections are in doubt because they were built on the older system. This means that the Forum, the Fan Mail, and the Chat Room (possibly even the Mailing List) may not work.

The upgrade will probably happen later this week. The website may be inaccessible for a day or two while the upgrade is being completed, and it will not be possible to post on interactive pages. Once the upgrade is completed, I will have to make a decision if it is worth trying to rebuild sections that have been affected, or even if it is worth continuing to maintain the site at all, given the increased expense.

Hopefully all will go well and the upgrade will be relatively painless, but I am making the announcement now so that it is not a surprise if you find something suddenly doesn't work. Just be patient and give me time to work out any issues that may arise.

Thanks,

Kate
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

KateR wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:46 pm This isn't really about "Redesign," but rather than start a new topic...

This is a little heads-up that my website server is requiring a major system upgrade before November. I have put it off as long as I can, because it will cost several hundred dollars and there is no guarantee that the website will continue to function after it is completed. :roll:

Since the site was redesigned, the majority of the pages should work properly, but the interactive sections are in doubt because they were built on the older system. This means that the Forum, the Fan Mail, and the Chat Room (possibly even the Mailing List) may not work.

The upgrade will probably happen later this week. The website may be inaccessible for a day or two while the upgrade is being completed, and it will not be possible to post on interactive pages. Once the upgrade is completed, I will have to make a decision if it is worth trying to rebuild sections that have been affected, or even if it is worth continuing to maintain the site at all, given the increased expense.

Hopefully all will go well and the upgrade will be relatively painless, but I am making the announcement now so that it is not a surprise if you find something suddenly doesn't work. Just be patient and give me time to work out any issues that may arise.

Thanks,

Kate
I hope it goes smoothly, both thumbs are crossed! :?

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:46 pm This isn't really about "Redesign," but rather than start a new topic...

Thanks,

Kate
Wow. Hope it all works out. I would be glad contribute some funds to help keep this website going if that would be accepted. But, probably not enough to cover the cost you are looking at. But maybe some of us all together could make a dent in the expense.
B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:30 pm

Thanks,

Kate
Wow. Hope it all works out. I would be glad contribute some funds to help keep this website going if that would be accepted. But, probably not enough to cover the cost you are looking at. But maybe some of us all together could make a dent in the expense.
Exactly my thought, but I don't think it's that easy with donations. There would certainly be a few people who would like to contribute to the maintenance of the site. I don't really know about the rights, especially not in the US. I know you can collect donations privately for yourself and then give them away to someone else or you have to be a non-profit organization to be able to accept donations. If it's somehow possible, I'll be there.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Beata

Post by Beata »

B
I would help out too in order to keep this site going.

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I have given the go-ahead for the upgrade. They have now said that the site may be down only for a few hours, rather than a few days, and everything SHOULD still be working when it is completed.

Just in case it is not, and things like the Forum or Fan Mail have to be re-installed, I am in the process of backing up all the files now.

Originally the upgrade was scheduled for tomorrow night at 11pm (ET). Then I got an automated message saying it would begin at 8pm tonight (2 hours from now). The last message said they would be in touch once the preliminaries are completed in order to confirm a time for taking the site offline.

So... Things may or may not be working over the next day or so. Everything that can be backed up IS backed up as of this moment. Anything posted between now and the completed upgrade may or may not carry over. Just to let you know!

Thanks,

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

So far the site is working. :D :D :D
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I've been getting a series of updates from the server.

Last night they completed the preliminary steps and everything went smoothly.

The actual upgrade, which may take the site offline for a time, is scheduled for 11pm (ET) tonight. I'll do one more backup of the Forum and Fan Mail right before then so that all of the data will be saved. Hopefully it will also still be working properly once the site comes back online, but at least the data won't be lost.

Fingers crossed...

Kate