Stargate SG-1 References in games

daddychew

Stargate SG-1 References in games

Post by daddychew »

Was just playing an alpha release of a new up and coming PC game “Stars End” and found what I believe to be a subtle salute to the irrepressible Jack O'Neill.

Anyone else agree with me that the "with two L's" is an obvious reference? After thinking about it a little more the “Fish” was certainly referring to the characters love of fishing. You will notice the misspelling of the surname, that’s probably to avoid copyright issues.

Hope the sign makes it to the final release :D
bftlovesRDA

Re: Stargate SG-1 References in games

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Welcome to the forum.

That's an interesting picture and reference to Jack O'Neill - could be a subtle reference.

What is the game going to be about?
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

again - welcome! Hope you will be posting some.
B
daddychew

Post by daddychew »

A correction to my first post, the creaters say it's in Beta now not Alpha.

This is the games description:
Stars End is a multiplayer sci-fi survival game set hundreds of years in the future, in a star system colonized by humans escaping their dying home world.

Start with basic supplies and find a way into space - without any loading screens! Players will have the opportunity to travel the system to seek out resources, completing missions and uncovering mysteries - while building strongholds in space and planetside, continually facing the danger of other players.

Utilising procedural planets, the game world is vast - but it's not so large that you won’t be able to play with your friends.
You can get more info, images and pictures here https://store.steampowered.com/app/623340/Stars_End/. You can see some very early video at the games webpage but I don't think it's been updated in a while http://starsend.reverieworld.com/.