Stargate SG-1/Discuss episode of the week

NiLa

Stargate SG-1/Discuss episode of the week

Post by NiLa »

Hi everyone.

In the topic Movies and other Roles B. has started sucessfully a discussion about RDAs movies. We already discussed In the Eyes of a Stranger, Through the Eyes of a Killer and are now at Pandora's Clock.

After we have so many SG-1 fans around here and to get something new to the SG-1 topic I wondered, if you would be interested in a discussion of an episode of the week.

What do you think? Are you interested? As there are also many MacGyver fans here, we could start the same thing in the MacGyver section of the forum....

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
bftlovesRDA

Re: Stargate SG-1/Discuss episode of the week

Post by bftlovesRDA »

That's a great idea, Anja! I would gladly participate. :D :D :D
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Also a bump for input.
B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

I'm really looking forward to that!

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

I am with you too ...

But, it will be very hard with English language, I'm uncomfortable...
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

frenchwriter wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:00 pm I am with you too ...

But, it will be very hard with English language, I'm uncomfortable...
I am glad you want to join the discussion, frenchwriter. Every tiny bit will be appreciated. Go for it! :D

Maybe you can have the google translator help you with you comments.

Anja ;)
MacGyver
Anja ;)
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

As there is some interest in this topic, I think we'll start it.

Let's start with "Children of the Gods" and turn every friday to the next episode (except this friday).

I hope you all have fun with this.

I am curious to read your comments.

Anja ;)
MacGyver
Anja ;)
Irina

Post by Irina »

I will also participate! :)
"It's very difficult to say "goodbye" to someone who means so much... "
("To be a Man")
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I guess I'll start the discussion of Children of the gods, if that's okay. I re-watched this episode today and was impressed again at what a great series opener (with one exception, in my opinion) this episode was. It went a long way in explaining much of what happened in the original movie plot (which I have never seen.) I loved how General Hammond, Daniel Jackson,Teal'c, Walter and, especially, Samantha Carter were introduced into the series. Most of all, of course, I loved how Jack O'Neill was introduced - on his roof looking at the stars....but with the Stargate the first topic of conversation there.

Before that, of course, was the invasion by the Jaffa and Apophis along with Teal'c of Stargate command and the kidnapping of the female sergeant. Action right from the start.

Back to Jack - he starts right out telling a joke to General Hammond (I forget what the joke was exactly....) - but Ioved the fact that it shows Jack is going to have a sense of humor in the entire series....something that endears Jack's character to me and probably to many viewers.

We meet Skara and Share and Kowalski. Of course, there were horrifying scenes of the women "sacrifices" and the Goa'uld coming out of the belly of that woman (Apophis' queen?) and going into Share, including the frontal nudity - something which I wish had not been in the episode... "For cryin' out loud" the series involved a young audience as well as adults and I just didn't think that was necessary....it offended me but that's just me.

There were several key comments that I loved in this episode = from Sam to Jack, "You really will like me once you get to know me." And from Jack to Sam (predictive words that we shippers believe set the tone for their relationship right from the start) "Oh, I adore you already." And, of course, the one from Sam about how it took us 15 years to MacGyver a solution....and finally,from Jack to Sam - "It's not about you being a woman; I LIKE WOMEN. It's just that I have a little problem with scientists."

All in all, thought this was an excellent first episode. And, most of all - as always - loved just looking at RDA in it. His charisma, charm, and good looks as well as his terrific acting ability made this series opener guarantee it would be a winner! :D :D :D
B
GregMac

Post by GregMac »

I still like how Jack picked up the box of tissues to use as a "probe" to prove to Daniel that the message came from him. Daniel's reply helped establish the future relationship the two enjoyed. For example, how many times did we enjoy a "Yes, you DID!"/"No, I didn't!" moment between them!! :lol: