Point Of View - A MacGyver FanFiction

bluegirl

Re: Point Of View - A MacGyver FanFiction

Post by bluegirl »

uniquelyjas wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:45 pm Bravo!! A very well-crafted chapter to end an excellently written story!! I wasn't sure how you were going to make their parting not be terrible, but you managed to! All the conversations between the characters were just wonderful and I love that you chose to have THEM choose to communicate and be honest with each other! You also left a glimmer of hope for a reunion (but we all know that doesn't happen, but it makes the ending not so bad!). I think the most important thing for the characters, as well as the readers, is how you stressed that, despite not ending up together, Mac and Nikki both got to experience emotions they thought they would never feel again and they actually felt "healed" by this. What you did with the pebbles was neat. A little "souvenir" of their time together for both of them! I also liked the message from Penny! LOL! If anyone can get Mac's mind off his own problems, it's Penny and HER problems!! Thank you for writing and sharing such a great story. I'll be here, ready to read, if you decide to write another one!!
Excellently written... oh, wow...

Thank you so much for your encouragement and your applause to my work! Of course, you´ll be on board if I choose to take on the next challenge of turning a vague idea into a story!! You were a great help while I was working on this one! Thanks for your support!

But the same question goes out to you - any moment/scene that stands out for you in particular, that you especially liked?
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

ergomac23 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:54 am WOW!!! bluegirl that was a great story and I am sad it has ended what an ending so bitter sweet and the call from Penny great touch ;) and that is a great way to describe her " excitedly bubbling and over the top as always" :lol: yep that's penny alright ...
though I am sad the way things ended with Mac and Nikki at least they ended things on good terms as I said before bitter sweet
but I kind of hoped starkos would make a final appearance I loved the conversations between him and Mac and how puzzled mac was with him though starkos always found that confusion of Macs amusing .

also that painful thought of Pete's that he would need to protect someone from Mac ..ouch :cry:

but all in all it was a great story bluegirl and now the question has been answered as o why nikki suddenly disappeared and I am satisfied with the answer well done!! :D :D

one last question ;) so does what happens in the episodes "rock the cradle " "the endangered " and "mask of the wolf" happen in the two weeks before mac helps penny on her birthday or did they happen before everything with nikki in Austria?
I´ll answer your last question first - I assumed all of this happening between seasons 3 and 4, definitely after 'Rock the cradle', as Mac thinks about Jack Jr. during part one of my story. I didn´t mention Karen from 'The Endangered' because I see his issues with her resolved at the end of that episode, but I also see this happening before he goes on vacation to Austria. The two weeks before Mac goes with Penny to take a look at the Parker House are 'reserved' for his recovery... ;)

About the bitter sweet ending - it had to be done, since she´s not present in the series anymore. It was the least painful of a 'not quite happy ending' I could give them all, while not leaving any ill feelings behind and not putting the blame on anyone... I always thought there could have been some sort of spark between them, but given both Mac´s and Nikki´s relationship background, something like this bitter-sweet ending was bound to happen.

Thank you so much for applauding to my work and for reading along! It´s feedback like this that keeps me going! :D :D

And a last question to you as well - any moment/scene that you enjoyed in particular, that stood out for you during this whole story?
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

bluegirl wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:51 am
I´ll answer your last question first - I assumed all of this happening between seasons 3 and 4, definitely after 'Rock the cradle', as Mac thinks about Jack Jr. during part one of my story. I didn´t mention Karen from 'The Endangered' because I see his issues with her resolved at the end of that episode, but I also see this happening before he goes on vacation to Austria. The two weeks before Mac goes with Penny to take a look at the Parker House are 'reserved' for his recovery... ;)

About the bitter sweet ending - it had to be done, since she´s not present in the series anymore. It was the least painful of a 'not quite happy ending' I could give them all, while not leaving any ill feelings behind and not putting the blame on anyone... I always thought there could have been some sort of spark between them, but given both Mac´s and Nikki´s relationship background, something like this bitter-sweet ending was bound to happen.

Thank you so much for applauding to my work and for reading along! It´s feedback like this that keeps me going! :D :D

And a last question to you as well - any moment/scene that you enjoyed in particular, that stood out for you during this whole story?
:shock: oh that's right I forgot he mentions Jack JR ...than you for answering all of my questions Blue girl I know there were many :lol: it makes sense that the next few weeks before the parker house are reserved for recovery and to make the "chocolate mint cake with banana icing " seriously who could forget a combination like that? :lol:
you are right about mac and Nikki I could never see a long term relationship happening with them given there pasts

I will answer your question with three that stood out for me but for very different reasons....

1. the conversation between mac and starkos at his house in Austria there early morning almost one-sided conversation made me laugh especially imaging starkos face when mac was perplexed about the older mans abilities to me it is almost like having a conversation with a grandpa and he is amused about the look of confusion on your face :lol: I especially like macs inner thoughts thru out the story but here more as he try's to make sense of starkos like trying to solve a puzzle .

2. after everything had happened within Anton and Pavel's house when Nikki find mac on the ground after mac told Nikki how he felt ...more precisely when Pete finds them and he checks mac feeling there pain Pete for how many times he had seen mac hurt ad seeing him then but knowing he had to be strong for Nikki when the ambulance officers were trying to help mac and Pete trying to move Nikki though he was going through the same emotions as her I couldn't help but cry with Nikki it shos how close friends the three of them were

3. macs inner turmoil at the beach (if I am right somewhere near Malibu? ;) ) remembering Mikes last conversation with him seems oh so similar to Nikki and Mac but it is Nikki whom wants to be friends this time not Mac but I digress ...in this moment with mac I can feel his inner pain as he struggles to understand Nikki's actions towards him his love for her so strong and pain so raw with emotion you just want to hug him ..

you are very welcome thank you for giving us this story bluegirl I love to read especially when I am reading a story that keeps me engaged to the very last words as yours has done . :D :D :D
Monika

Post by Monika »

Hello bluegirl,
WOW, a amazing FF. Please more.
As I always say: Love hurts
I wish there had been an MacGyver episode like this.
Seeing all the pain and emotion in RDA´s eyes and face. I´m pretty sure he would have done a great job.
To melt away.

From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
Daicy

Post by Daicy »

bluegirl wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:03 pm
Daicy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:31 pm Thank you bluegirl for a deep artistic experience. When you write something again, I'll be happy to read it.
Oh wow, thanks for that praise... 8-) I guess, I will write again, but at the moment I can´t tell when... I´m more into drawing right now... but be sure I´ll let everyone know around here!

Same question to you - any particular moment you can point out as your favorite? :?:
Probably not a specific moment. I like it as a whole. I wrote continuously, what pleased me. I like honest detailed work that draws the reader into the action and evokes emotions.
Daicy :)
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Monika wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:23 pm Hello bluegirl,
WOW, a amazing FF. Please more.
As I always say: Love hurts
I wish there had been an MacGyver episode like this.
Seeing all the pain and emotion in RDA´s eyes and face. I´m pretty sure he would have done a great job.
To melt away.

From Monika with love
Thanks so much for your 'WOW' ... If you see it like an episode while reading, if you imagine RDA´s face while reading, then I´ve accomplished something very important - it feels true to the original series! Thanks again! 8-) :D 8-)

The same question goes out to you as well - can you pick any favorite moment or scene that feels special to you?
Wathorighh

Post by Wathorighh »

Wow, what an emotional ride the last three chapters have been. I was deeply touched.

I'd write more if I wasn't replying at my cellphone. Expect an more detailed review later. 😉 Right now I'm going to bed with this awesome last chapters in my mind.
**Andrea**
Monika

Post by Monika »

Hello bluegirl,
To answer your question:
Chapter 19: Mac´s "escape", the ride in his Jeep, the stop at the beach and the night in the motel
with all his thoughts and emotions.

I needed a handkerchief, even the second time I read it.

From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Wathorighh wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:47 pm Wow, what an emotional ride the last three chapters have been. I was deeply touched.

I'd write more if I wasn't replying at my cellphone. Expect an more detailed review later. 😉 Right now I'm going to bed with this awesome last chapters in my mind.
I am sooo looking forward to a more detailed review! 8-) I´m asking you as well: Any moment/scene in this whole story that´s your favorite? That stands out for you?

And by the way... I´m still waiting for you to 'guess the quote'!
Wathorighh

Post by Wathorighh »

Alright, my review took me longer than I thought but real life is currently fully packed with unexpected stuff.

First of all I really loved your story and I think it fits perfectly between the seasons 3 and 4. Wished your story would be a real episode (or a two parter ;) ).

Like I said before your last three chapters have been a emotional ride on a roller coaster.

For part 19 I was expecting that Mac finds an empty appartment. Ok, I was close as Nikkis stuff was already packed into the moving transporter but she was still there. Nikki being so reluctant and cold towards Mac was a hard read. I could really feel his confusion, the shock, his growing anger and him being hit pretty hard by her words. Offending words can be harder to bear than any physical pain and that I think you caught the situation perfectly. Mac felt "used". She claimed she never loved him - phew - something that is hard to hear and to accept after the wonderful time they've had. And as if Nikki's reaction wasn't enough Mac had to find out that his best and fatherlike friend wasn't also honest with him for almost three weeks. Mac's recovery or not, Mac deserved honesty about Nikki's absence and her future plans. Well, I'm asking myself didn't she even call him in the hospital while she was on her arrangement in Washington? You also pictured Pete - caught in the middle- pretty well when he realized how devastated Mac was about Nikki's actions he wasn't even aware of.
When you described how Mac drove away without a destination, completely under the influence of absolute emotional chaos, hurt, sad, angry and desperate; I felt the same as a reader. I was Mac in that moment. I wished I could comfort him, telling everythung is going to be alright, but we as the reader's knew he has to deal with it on his own. *sniff*

My own discription of part 20 would be: "Leave me alone". Mac taking distance from everything and everyone was written so well. I can't really describe it but I did have a vivid image of Mac in front of the hospital when he "pushed" Pete back. I had a lump in my throat just by reading it. I just wished Mac could have let his tears flowing. We felt he was on the edge to. Him not showing up in the restaurant was absolute understandable. I also liked the part when Nikki realized what big mistake she made. Her and Pete's desperate attempts to reach Mac while time is running out.

Well, I was so sad when the last part was posted because that meant the ride was definitely over. What an ending! I soaked in every word and it also felt like I was with them at the airport. You caught a typical character of Mac - first thinking of his own faults. When both started to apologize - that was certainly hard to write. The stone that felt from his heart when Nikki told him the truth and that there will always be an "us" could be heard all over the world :-). I definitely liked the last chapter, how it turned out even though their ways part. And it would fit perfectly during the seasons although Mac and Nikki will be suffering under heartsickness for a while. Sad but beautiful ending. I had to smile when you mentioned Penny's message on the answering machine telling Mac of her inheritance of the house. Nice move toward season 4.

I'm really sad the ride is over. It was a real joy to read.

You've asked me if there's a part I thought it was special. Tough question and tough to choose. Well, I definitely liked the beginning part with his tour in the mountains and finding himself being caught in the thunderstorm. That was catchy. I couldn't chose among all the other parts as they all fit together and were all good. I think I mentioned before that I like especially during their growing romance that you left room for our own imagination. I don't like every situation to be described ;)

PS: For the quote part - I'm still on it but haven't watched any MacGyver episode's lately exept for the reruns (in German) each Saturday and Sunday at Nitro ;) I'll try skipping through some episodes after this post.
**Andrea**