Breaking Point - a MacGyver FanFiction

bftlovesRDA

Re: Breaking Point

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Wow - 15 years! Well, no rush - just take your time. A sequel would be good - at some point.

Thanks again for the ff.
B
bluegirl

Re: Breaking Point - a MacGyver FanFiction

Post by bluegirl »

Hello everyone!

Thanks to corona - the virus, not the beer - I did have a lot of spare time. So, I am happy to announce, that the sequel to 'Breaking Point' is written, typed and in the last stages of fine tuning! It didn´t take 15 years to get it done this time...

Thanks to the encouragement of uniquelyjas :D :D :D I guess I´ll be ready for posting the first part somewhen next week.

Stay tuned!
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

Sounds good to me. glad you found the time to write a sequel. looking forward to it...
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Great news... for a change. Thanks ( in advance ) bluegirl !
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Hiya!

Just wanted to let everyone know, that I´ve taken the time to re-read and polish Breaking Point - nothing spectacular, nothing new to the storyline, only changed some words, phrasings, added some sentcences, given some scenes a clearer feel... I got myself an account on fanfiction.net and am publishing the revised story there at the moment - just if anyone of you is interested in reading the `newer` version as well...

The account runs on MacsBluegirl - story is still titled Breaking Point.

And still, thanks for reading - it´s past 10000 views on this forum - I´m grateful for your interest!

Take care, bluegirl
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

Hi Bluegirl,

I finished Breaking Point and I I can't believe that English is not your first language!

In the begining, I almost stopped reading because I couldn't stand to see our hero tortured and in so much pain. But because each chapter left me hanging, I had to continue. I would consider this a psychological thriller because you really got into MacGyver's mind, something that the series never did to this depth.

I knew Willis and MacGyver were friends but I didn't realize how close. It made me feel good that MacGyver had another close friend from work. Of course, I enjoyed the emotional relationship with Pete. The series had depicted them as very close friends but your novel elevated their relationship to family.

Of course, I liked the MacGyverism with the tear gas. I always liked when he used kitchen chemistry.

Overall, very deep and detailed. I'm thinking the sequeal has something to do with Chen, as he didn't die?

Thanking for sharing! Looking forward to the sequel.

MacGyverGirl
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

Hallo Bluegirl, wollte nur mal ein " Gut gemacht " dalassen. Gute Geschichte und gut geschrieben. Danke, freue mich auf weitere Geschichten von dir.

Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland
Wathorighh

Post by Wathorighh »

edited because this was the wrong thread .....

Was meant for "starting point" ;)
**Andrea**
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Wathorighh wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:26 am edited because this was the wrong thread .....

Was meant for "starting point" ;)
No problem... have you ever found the time to read this one as well... or the stories that followed (since this was the first fanfiction I posted)?? :?:
Wathorighh

Post by Wathorighh »

Yes, I read it but not here. Found it before I rejoined the RDA forum by a Google search at fanfiction.net. I was looking for 'MacGyver (1985)' fanfics and came across your two stories at that time. Loved them.
**Andrea**