MacGyver: The Complete Series Blu-ray Set (Koch Films Germany)

Anne

Re: MacGyver: The Complete Series Blu-ray Set (Koch Films Germany)

Post by Anne »

Thanks for the update. I saw MDB's tweet about his interview for the MacGyver Blue Rays on twitter! Will (not so) patiently wait for these to come out! Thanks for keeping us posted here!
Wathorighh

Post by Wathorighh »

Any news on a possible release date? I'd definitely order it. Would be nice for Christmas.
In fact I don't dare to buy the available blu-ray from overseas, because I don't know if it'll play on my European/German Blu-ray player.
**Andrea**
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Wathorighh wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:34 pm Any news on a possible release date? I'd definitely order it. Would be nice for Christmas.
In fact I don't dare to buy the available blu-ray from overseas, because I don't know if it'll play on my European/German Blu-ray player.
As much as I am also waiting for the Koch blu-ray set - I did order the US set and it plays without any problems on my Panasonic blu-ray recorder (bought in Austria) - thought you might want to know... 8-)
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
Jano

Post by Jano »

Sorry for the lack of updates, this box has been a looong journey ...

It's close to being released now, but there are some setbacks:

Unfortunately, most of the archival extras we had in mind were rejected by Paramount, like the commercials (Mastercard, Mercedes), the original longer Pentagon scene from the pilot and some other stuff. The problem with this is that nobody who works there nowadays worked there back in the day and they don't have any documentation of the old contracts. So they just reject everything out of principle so they don't risk anyone involved with the production of these things suddenly comes up and wants any money for the use. Sadly, that's just how it works with these big companies. :( (Which is especially frustrating regarding the Mercedes Citan clips since Mercedes had already allowed their use ... as long as Paramount would have been okay with it.)

Also, for now, the two tv movies cannot be included since the contract for them still isn't finalized. It's been in the works for ages, but then the whole CBS restructuring and rebranding into Paramount happened. First, it took a while to have someone new in charge of these things, and now this contact has been out sick for quite some time and it's unclear when they will return. And (for whatever reason) no-one else is in charge of these contracts, so there's just no progress for the time being. The films will be mentioned in the episode guide, though, and an empty slot left in the set for a separate bonus disc on which they can hopefully be released at a future date.

All of this being said, the newly produced extras can, of course, be included. And I might or might not be able to confirm that some new RDA bonus might or might not have been recorded this Friday. :mrgreen:

More soon-ish!
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Woohoo! :D :D

That's good news after all - especially after the long time with no updates at all... ;) 8-)
Skurk

Post by Skurk »

Well well well... it seems on 12th of december the looooooong waiting for the blueray box will come to an end! :D
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Skurk wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:54 pm Well well well... it seems on 12th of december the looooooong waiting for the blueray box will come to an end! :D
:shock: :o :D 8-)

Really?!
Skurk

Post by Skurk »

bluegirl wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:38 am
Skurk wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:54 pm Well well well... it seems on 12th of december the looooooong waiting for the blueray box will come to an end! :D
:shock: :o :D 8-)

Really?!
Well, they didn't say it clearly and it's a kind of contest, but it's obvious if you know the series a little bit 🙂. It's a live event on Tuesday. Search for Plaion Pictures on facebook. Koch Films is not the name anymore.
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Finally! :D 8-) :shock:

Plaion Pictures (formerly Koch Media) announced a release date for the blu-ray box set of MacGyver during a live stream on their website yesterday. They didn't show much detail, but told a bit about extras, bonus material and the booklet and art cards that'll be included...

28. March 2024!

Preorders are possible in their online store from now on - as it seems, it's gonna be sold exclusively on their site...
Skurk

Post by Skurk »

bluegirl wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:36 am Finally! :D 8-) :shock:

Plaion Pictures (formerly Koch Media) announced a release date for the blu-ray box set of MacGyver during a live stream on their website yesterday. They didn't show much detail, but told a bit about extras, bonus material and the booklet and art cards that'll be included...

28. March 2024!

Preorders are possible in their online store from now on - as it seems, it's gonna be sold exclusively on their site...
Ah! Thank you! I just wanted to write it for the sake of completeness. I've pre-ordered it. You just have to know that the films are not (yet) included. But there is a placeholder. Sooooo excited to finally not have to watch the blurry old HD versions anymore! And there's an episode that has never been shown in Germany (the one with Henry Winkler). Since the Mac voice actor has unfortunately already died, the Jack o'Neill voice actor will probably take over.

Link to the Shop
https://shop.plaionpictures.com/macgyve ... exkl.-shop