Return to writing

MacGyverGod

Return to writing

Post by MacGyverGod »

I just posted this on the MacGyver Online forums. I thought I might post it here as well even though I've only been here for like a year and a half. The stories I'm talking about you can find and read on MacGyver Online but they're like somewhere deep down in the fanfic cellar and rewrites are on the way. Below follows the same message I posted on the other forums. It's about my current writing plans. Soon I will also post my stories here.

Over the past six weeks or so, I finally started to write again for the first time after an 8 to 9 years hiatus. An unintended hiatus, I might add. The biggest obstacle was my fulltime job at the time. There simply was no time to write anymore and my inspiration tank was dried out. Due to many other real-life situations my writing hobby ended up in limbo for the longest time. As a kid in high school I had this dream of becoming a movie director once, a thought I held onto to get out of school and partially fulfilled that dream in fanfiction writing. Seeing the whole story in my mind, writing it down and scoring it with filmmusic to enhance the reading experience, as if it was for a real movie.

During my high school career I wrote three major stories: Family in Agony, Lost Gold in the Ocean and A True Prisoner of Conscience. That last of which was a rewrite of the first. Afterwards I wrote When The World Changes and Friendship Broken Apart. By the time I grew out of the hobby I was writing Children of the United Nations mostly out of guilt of a part that I deleted from When The World Changes. Originally Children of the United Nations was supposed to be the second story, I would write but for some reason it never happened. Anyway, in the past six weeks I took it up again and wrote almost 40 pages from where I left off. I feel like I finally have it back under control to write regurlarly and I have noticed on how some scenes seems to come off really spontaneous like.

With this progress I decided to finish Children of the United Nations and rewrite Family in Agony and A True Prisoner of Conscience at the same time. So that'll be a rewrite of a rewrite of the original story using elements of both versions. I will also rewrite Lost Gold in the Ocean. Something I have been thinking about for the past few days and read my original version which was a MacGyver/Bad Boys crossover. I had a few ideas of either taking the story to L.A. and make it a full MacGyver-cast only story set at home, or either taking it to Hawaii and make it the MacGyver/Magnum crossover, I always dreamed about. After all in the original story the adventure was supposed to take place when MacGyver was on vacation.

Besides the finishing of Children of the United Nations and two rewrites. I also have two new stories in mind. One sci-fi story and a heavy romance story centered around MacGyver and Nikki. I have big plans for MacGyver and Nikki and their relationship will become a major plot point in my stories whether it's in the background or right in front of our noses. I know some may not agree but I think she's the best choice to be his life-partner. But then again, that's my opinion and it won't have to mean that MacGyver can't be alone but she will have a supporting role.

When it comes to continuity, I don't think there will be much of that even though I think most of my stories will be set after season 7. There will be plenty of references, quotes, Mac-ingredients and he will meet a whole variation of faces. But other stuff like Pete's blindness and the death of certain characters may be ignored. So most stories will be standing on their own.

Currently I like to focus on finishing Children of the United Nations and afterwards on the rewrites. Once I finished the rewrites we'll see what happens next.

So these are the current plans, I have on writing and I do have the intention of making it happen. I'll just write on my own pace and I hope you can enjoy them. I will finish and revise the first chapters of Children of the United Nations so I can post them soon before I start on the rewrites. Keep your eyes out and hopefully enjoy them reading as I did writing them.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
tvero80

Re: Return to writing

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you , MacGyverGod :) Looking forward to reading your new stories, specially the heavy romance with Mac and Nikki ;)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

tvero80 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:13 pm Thank you , MacGyverGod :) Looking forward to reading your new stories, specially the heavy romance with Mac and Nikki ;)
I am with Tvero = look forward to the new stories, especially the ones with Mac and Nikki! Love them together.
B
MacGyverGod

Post by MacGyverGod »

Thanks TVero and bftlovesRDA.

The romance story is merely an idea right now. Nothing has come out of it so far. It's early and finishing my current story and the two rewrites will precede over that story. It's not for anytime soon but Nikki does have her part to play in my current story and in at least one of the rewrites.

Right now I'm working on chapter 6 of my story and everything else is a side-matter for now. Now I let myself go with the flow and see where I end up.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
MacGyverGod

Post by MacGyverGod »

Just came here to say, I made it past 100 pages and counting. I'm working on chapter 8 now. Once I'm past chapter 8, I can start working on the ending. Depending on how long it takes, I might be able to, after a revision, post the first chapter somewhere in the upcoming weeks. So stay tuned. ;)
MacGyverGod

Post by MacGyverGod »

Just wanted to say I finished the story. Finally, after all these years. It only took two months to finish it. Really strange on how long I took to write as a kid and on how fast I finished it now. I must've written like 60% of the story now. First, I'm going to take a little break before starting on another one, possibly a rewrite of Lost Gold In The Ocean or a Mac/Nikki story. I'll see whatever comes up first but now I take some time off of writing. Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming chapters in the following weeks.
MacGyverGod

Post by MacGyverGod »

It's been a couple of years now again and lately I have been getting some inspiration on a rewrite of Lost Gold In The Ocean, one of my original stories I wrote as a teen. I'm still thinking along the lines what I wrote last time but several other options have been viable lately.

The original story was a crossover with Bad Boys and a ship carrying gold that sunk at the coast of Miami the Von Leer Brothers are willing to steal. MacGyver, Sam, Mike Lowrey, Marcus Burnett and myself set out to investigate. I wrote the story as an old school action movie in style of Bad Boys.

My initial rewrite was supposed to take the story entirely to Los Angeles that would star MacGyver, Sam and Billy Colton supported by Captain Kiley, Lt. Murphy and Lt. Rhome. Though I was never really convinced Billy would fit in the story. I considered replacing him with Nikki and was also thinking of dropping Sam and just have MacGyver and/with Nikki working with the police. Or making it an actual police story trying to solve a drug case instead of finding gold.

Another angle I'm thinking about is setting the story in Hawaii and have it crossover with Magnum PI. I was always thinking of a story to have Mac, Pete and Jesse Colton have an adventure in Hawaii where they try to catch Murdoc who was deceiving Thomas Magnum in a case. But if I were thinking to have a ship explode at the Hawaiian coast carrying gold wouldn't that make an interesting adventure for Mac, Jack and Jesse Colton and they are trying to solve the case with help from Magnum?

So this is what I have in mind.

Mac - Sam - Nikki in Los Angeles supported by the recurring lieutenants and captain. Gold can become drugs and Sam and Nikki are optional characters. Maybe with new villains instead of the Von Leer Brothers.

Mac - Jack - Jesse Colton in Hawaii supported by the cast of Magnum. The gold stays as well as the Von Leer Brothers as villains. Nikki or maybe even Mike Forrester are optional characters.

Or maybe I should write both? I can keep the main story structure for an eventual cop story and still use the original structure for a more actual rewrite from the original story.

What do you think?
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Hi , MacGyverGod . Welcome back !

Glad you're thinking of writing new stories :) What do WE think ? Well , I've always been a fan of Magnum ( the real one with the mustache ! ) so it could be fun .
As for the other fanfiction in LA ... why not ? Or both ? It all depends on what you have in mind at the moment I mean enough to create 2 stories and that I don't know . As for Nikki I like her but preferably if her character isn't ( too ) minor but that's just me ...

Thanks for asking anyway I guess I didn't help much but I appreciate the thought ;)
MacGyverGod

Post by MacGyverGod »

Thanks.

In case of the crossover with Magnum it is indeed going to be with the real one of course. I think it would just make a great story and actually quite fitting too. Mac and Jack visiting Jesse in Hawaii between season 4 and 5 and share another adventure. Due to it's tropical setting it might appear as maybe Uncharted meets an unspecified old school 80's or 90's action film.

If I go with the L.A. story I do intend to put Nikki next to Mac. She would be one of the leading characters for sure. I would write the story like a mix between Deadly Dreams and Lethal Weapon.

I still don't know how or when but the inspiration is there and maybe I will write both, maybe even at the same time. ;)