MacGyver Pins/Action Figure: Any Interest?

MacToys

MacGyver Pins/Action Figure: Any Interest?

Post by MacToys »

Hey Everyone,

I am new to this forum but so excited to have found you!

Like all of you - I am a huge MacGyver fan; I can remember staying up at night to watch episodes with my older brother. Fast forward 25+ years later and here I am finding myself as an artist/toy designer. Very recently I had this crazy little idea for a side project to design the 'first' US MacGyver action figure and so I'd love to gauge any interest from the most loyal/true fans. Would that be something that might interest anyone?

Additionally - as a first step - I just released a limited edition MacGyver Pin: http://www.shinjotoys.com/product/macgy ... enamel-pin

I'd love any feedback anyone has to offer.

I apologize for any lack of etiquette as I am new to this forum - I'm just really excited to share my MacGyver art with you all!

Thanks so much!
Anne

Re: MacGyver Pins/Action Figure: Any Interest?

Post by Anne »

I'd certainly be interested in the MacGyver action fugure if it's a 12inch one and looks really like him. The pin is awesome, real great work! :D
MacToys

Re: MacGyver Pins/Action Figure: Any Interest?

Post by MacToys »

Anne,

Thanks so much for the reply and for your kind words regarding the pin. It was such a great experience creating it and I've already almost sold out of them! It's so nice to know that RDA and Mac still hold a special place for so many :D - warms the heart!

This goes out to the community here but if anyone is interested in snagging one of them before they sell out - I'd be happy to create a special discount code for anyone in this forum - just let me know!

As for the figure - my original idea was to create a 12 inch version - which I have begun. I've modeled it around one of the RDA Stargate heads from another 12 inch figure and so my Mac will certainly look just like RDA! I then started working on a smaller 3.5 inch size, which is the size of the classic 80's GIO JOES. The reason being is that back in the 80's that's what would have been made for the show - so mine will look like those old 80's figures with the card backing and everything. I'm not sure if I can post pictures here but if I can - I'll post updates so everyone can get an insider sneak peak and offer any suggestions. If I can't post here directly - I have some on my Instagram account (@shinjotoys).

Does anyone know if we can post images directly in these replies?

Thanks again.