MacGyver Reboot

eurmos

Re: MacGyver Reboot

Post by eurmos »

There will only really be ONE MacGyver. Anybody besides RDA is a cheap imitation.
Beth
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Oh boy... they made a serie called "The Dutch MacGyver" here... just saw a interview about it and they showed pieces of MacGyver and pieces of the reboot.. now the host is showing how to escape like Mac does in little steps... didn't saw the whole episode yet... I will this weekend..I'll keep in touch about it ;) I was glad they showed fragments of our guy and not only the reboot since it is on thursdaynight, when the reboot is broadcasted...
Lots of love,

Lies

NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Hi...does anybody know if the reboot is on German TV?

If it is, I would like to make my own opinion about it....

I have to admit I am a little bit curious... :?

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
CMac

Post by CMac »

I'm sorry to revive an old topic, but one thing I noticed last night while watching an original MacGyver episode is how stunning the cinematography is in most of the episodes. The production crew really knew how to take advantage of the hauntingly beautiful scenery of Vancouver. Sometimes, I feel like I'm watching a film more than a TV show with that amazing footage of the mountains and forests. It does give the show a more detailed, cinematic scope, to be sure. It was almost as if the surrounding areas of Vancouver became as much of a character as MacGyver in the show, making it more authentic and putting you right in the middle of the action.

Granted, this "new" show doesn't have access to the same budget and resources, but they don't seem to take advantage of what they have as well as the original did, thus further cheapening the production quality.
Caty

Post by Caty »

NiLa wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:39 pm Hi...does anybody know if the reboot is on German TV?

Anja ;)
Hi NiLa, "MacGyver” will start at 19th of June every Monday at SAT1.
I'm curious, too. Since now I only watched some clips and trailers.
At least then we know, why we miss RDA so much.
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Caty wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 10:03 am
NiLa wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:39 pm Hi...does anybody know if the reboot is on German TV?
Anja ;)
It was bought in France too . We only know the channel (M6), no dates yet... The pilot was terrible ...so you'll have to watch more episodes if you want to make your own opinion as you say, NiLa (and Caty and other German fans who are numerous here on this forum and are willing to watch it ). Please let us know . I'm not really sure I want to watch this 'thing'.Ok, ok I know I'm narrow minded so please try to convince me (though it's probably a lost cause ...) .
Caty

Post by Caty »

tvero80 wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 12:57 pm It was bought in France too . We only know the channel (M6), no dates yet... The pilot was terrible ...so you'll have to watch more episodes if you want to make your own opinion as you say, NiLa (and Caty and other German fans who are numerous here on this forum and are willing to watch it ). Please let us know . I'm not really sure I want to watch this 'thing'.Ok, ok I know I'm narrow minded so please try to convince me (though it's probably a lost cause ...) .
I don't want to watch that crap but I need to see at least one episode to find a real noncommitted opinion.
As you surely know, for me there is only one MacGyver but I need hart facts to argue with my young collegues, they are only fascinated with a lot of action and blowing up.
"

(Buddha)
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Caty wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 10:03 am

Anja ;)
Thanks Caty for the information. I'll watch three or four episodes....I think you have to know a thing to form an opinion about something. Let's watch and see....I'll let you know how it turns out.

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
LexiW

Post by LexiW »

I for one checked out the first episode and I wasn't impressed at all and then a friend of mine who is a journalist and photographer was doing an interview and behind the scenes of the new show, she took me along with her knowing I used to watch MacGyver back then and I was even more unimpressed with how that show was being done. I was actually asked whether I liked the show and was honest and said that I truthfully preferred the original to the reboot and it turned into what I didn't like and I probably irked a lot of people that day on the set, but they said they wanted an honest opinion and I gave it.

This one is to me way more violent and MacGyver never had Jack around that much, I enjoyed it when Jack just popped up to drive Mac nuts. I could go on and on.
Caty

Post by Caty »

LexiW wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:04 am I for one checked out the first episode and I wasn't impressed at all and then a friend of mine who is a journalist and photographer was doing an interview and behind the scenes of the new show, she took me along with her knowing I used to watch MacGyver back then and I was even more unimpressed with how that show was being done. I was actually asked whether I liked the show and was honest and said that I truthfully preferred the original to the reboot and it turned into what I didn't like and I probably irked a lot of people that day on the set, but they said they wanted an honest opinion and I gave it.

This one is to me way more violent and MacGyver never had Jack around that much, I enjoyed it when Jack just popped up to drive Mac nuts. I could go on and on.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I would have loved if I could have seen those faces!! :lol: :lol:
You did well to tell them the truth! Thank you!
In 2 weeks it will air in Germany and I will try to watch a few episodes, just to make my own opinion. :D
"

(Buddha)