MacGyver Reboot

CMac

MacGyver Reboot

Post by CMac »

I am not thrilled that they're trying to remake MacGyver. :( :x Why mess with perfection?

It's not just that I don't want to see them attempt to replace RDA (as if they could)--I am also just tired of the whole remake/reboot track that Hollywood has taken in general over the past few years. As a writer myself, it sickens me to think that this is the best that they can do. There is such a dearth of original ideas right now. The reason I like MacGyver and many other older shows is because at the time they were on the air, it seemed that there was more of a willingness to take creative risks. Now, everything is derivative, sloppy, and lazy writing, if you can call it that. So no, I am not excited about a potential Mac remake at all. As I recall, they have been trying to do this for several years and it has yet to work. I doubt that will change now. If it ever does make it to TV, I'll pretend it doesn't exist and stick with the original.

RDA is MacGyver! Accept no substitutions!

What does everyone else think? :)
eve59

Re: MacGyver Reboot

Post by eve59 »

Hello

I think as you Gyver MC is and will be only RDA.Pourquoi make another film

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

eve59 wrote:Hello

I think as you Gyver MC is and will be only RDA.Pourquoi make another film
Hello eve59 and CMac.

I agree with you both.

There is only ONE MacGyver - Richard Dean Anderson. I think they are foolish to try a reboot. Just have them recirculate the original MacGyver if they want the new generation to see it. Let it run on national TV again........I would love that. I think it is on French TV sometimes, right? And maybe on German TV. Let it run on American TV again - (and do the same for Stargate SG1).....and I would be satisfied.

But any new reboot of MacGyver - I will NOT WATCH.

(Same for a new Stargate SG1 which they say is in the works as a new movie.....we have discussed that event here on the forum....and I for one will not watch a new Stargate. For me, it was RDA as Jack O'Neill who MADE Stargate, the entire franchise, what it was and I will not watch a reboot).
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Reboots are an easy way to try to attact old fans and make money with young people (they need them too,don't they? Maybe more than us) who don't know or hardly know about the original version but who (maybe? ) but might be interested.SO CHEAP !!! RDA made it clear in his latest note that nobody asked him to be part of it (in other words ,you did great,now we steal your concept but you don't exist any more,goodbye) .Very nice.Without him,I mean ,Richard Dean Anderson ,MacGyver DOESN'T EXIST,period.
I hope it will be a HUGE flop . I really do.And I hope they will lose a lot of money in the process... they will get what they deserve .

(Did I sound cross? I guess I was, sorry...)
Caty

Post by Caty »

tvero80 wrote:Reboots are an easy way to try to attact old fans and make money with young people (they need them too,don't they? Maybe more than us) who don't know or hardly know about the original version but who (maybe? ) but might be interested.SO CHEAP !!! RDA made it clear in his latest note that nobody asked him to be part of it (in other words ,you did great,now we steal your concept but you don't exist any more,goodbye) .Very nice.Without him,I mean ,Richard Dean Anderson ,MacGyver DOESN'T EXIST,period.
I hope it will be a HUGE flop . I really do.And I hope they will lose a lot of money in the process... they will get what they deserve .

(Did I sound cross? I guess I was, sorry...)
I'm so with you! There is no way, MacGyver can be someone else than RDA!
And who is Jack O'Neil? Does anybody remember that guy Kurt Russel as O'Neil with one l?

No, RDA made Angus MacGyver and he made Jack O'Neill!!
And there will never be anyone, who can even hold a candle to Rick!
Last edited by Caty on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
CMac

Post by CMac »

Nope, I think you struck just the right tone. ;) I am still pretty seething angry about this concept, but I tried to be sparing in my harsh words and criticism because I want to keep it civil for the forum. :D

I agree--it will be an enormous flop. If they want the younger generation who hasn't seen the show to be introduced to it, just run the re-runs again! They used to do that on TVLand before they decided to become more "hip" and commercial. Look, I am pretty young myself (I was a wee little thing when MacGyver first aired), but I was introduced to Mac mostly through re-runs. Actually, most of the shows I like are older, and it never bothered me if a show was considered "dated" by today's standards. What happened to liking a diverse group of shows from different time periods? Now is not the only time that is important--not everything has to be current. I think most kids are intelligent and sophisticated enough to give the original MacGyver a try, and if they're not, then they don't have to watch it. Just please, Hollywood--stop bombarding us with remakes! :x

Okay, enough of my rant for today. :lol: Thanks for joining me on this conversation. I wanted to hear what the rest of you thought. It sounds like most of us agree. We're such loyal RDA fans. :D
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

CMac wrote:
Okay, enough of my rant for today. :lol: Thanks for joining me on this conversation. I wanted to hear what the rest of you thought. It sounds like most of us agree. We're such loyal RDA fans. :D
Yes we are - "a band of wild loyalists" as RDA called us once.......so true. RDA forever!
B
Captainvale

Post by Captainvale »

Mr. Anderson has such a distinctive voice, why cant they remake macgyver with cgi ...like japanese movies, very lifelike, and use his voice? RDA may be happily retired but then again it might be something he would enjoy. I would think sound recording jas progressed that he could work from home, resting back, even. If this a crazy idea, plz forgive me...
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Captainvale wrote:Mr. Anderson has such a distinctive voice, why cant they remake macgyver with cgi ...like japanese movies, very lifelike, and use his voice? RDA may be happily retired but then again it might be something he would enjoy. I would think sound recording jas progressed that he could work from home, resting back, even. If this a crazy idea, plz forgive me...
Hi, Captainvale. I don't know what cgi is but if it is using a character's voice for the portrayal of the characters in a movie (rather than having the actor who is actually in the movie talk) - then, that might be fun to watch - as something different - but I don't think it would fly with American audiences. It would be a way to involve RDA in the MacGyver reboot for sure. But, again, most American audiences do not like "lip sync" work in music so I doubt they would like it in movies. However, it might be different in other countries.
B
CMac

Post by CMac »

Interesting idea, but I agree--I'm not sure if it would work. I could see a possible "animated" MacGyver involving him (I love his voice, too--so velvety :oops: ), but it still wouldn't be the same as the real thing. I'm still holding firm to my original post--no RDA, no way!