Favorite Macgyver episode

Grimey

Re: Favorite Macgyver episode

Post by Grimey »

ebineez01 wrote:Hi P
[...]
But before I get onto season 7, I have to say how much I loved a few more season 6 episodes, starting with 'High Control'.
It was good to see Earl Dent again and really good to see Mac giving him a second chance - as if there was any doubt he would :) I think they played really well off of each other, and even though there were serious issues addressed in the episode as there always are this was one of the ones that had that comic touch that I really love :D
Oh and of course - do I even need to mention how incredibly hot Mac looks when he goes all bad-a** biker!?

There really needs to be a little 'thunk' guy here in the smilies list! ;)
I also love MacGyver on his bike!
What a pity that the members of the biker gang look and behave so artificial, in my eyes. Right from the film studio.
Luckily, RDA has only to act as if he pretends to be a bad-a** biker. I am not quite sure which part would be more easy...
Best scene for me is when Dent crashes from the roof :lol: :lol:
P
MacgyverStarGateGirl

Post by MacgyverStarGateGirl »

My favorite episode or one of is Ugly Duckling! Love that one! The Madonna is perfect for this time of year!
I AM A BLAST! YOU SHALL SEE!
CMac

Post by CMac »

Passages is a favorite of mine. I remember when I first watched it, I was on the edge of my seat worried that Mac wasn't going to make it! :o It would have made a great series finale episode or even a two-part episode, because I think they could have done even more with the drama of MacGyver fighting for his life. This was the first time we saw him in such peril, and indeed it was the most serious injury he ever sustained. When he falls on top of that car, my stomach still sinks.

As far as seasons go, I usually like the 3rd season the best. There is a lot of good writing and acting in this season.
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

idk because I'm still watching all of them. But I'd sure like to know if that episode I watched with Richard, my daughter's godfather (who works in films & television, mostly doing documentaries but he's done some movies too), happened the way he thinks it did, the one where MacGyver "fast-ropes out of an airplane." He was an Army Ranger & paratrooper so he knows how it's done and he said it was either a real person who knows how to do it or the actor knew how, bc "that's exactly what fast-roping looks like." He did it into enemy territory in Vietnam.
He's funny to watch a movie or show with, especially if he doesn't like the director. He didn't like the director of 'The Shining' and that was a famous person, but he thought it was the most horrible directing he ever saw. He also thought that about the Oscars this year. He said "All this unmotivated moving back and forth is annoying. #TerribleDirecting." I cracked up laughing when he said that. I don't even notice things like that.
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

I have watched all seasons of MacGyver on DVD over and over again, but one of my ever favourite episodes is also "Passages"

It maybe sound strange, but it helped me to get on with my life after my mom died three years ago. It was a tough time for me and the scene, where Mac decides to leave his parents and the ship and fights his way back into life brought me a good way out of my grief and back into my life again...I decided that I have to live for my family again and I fought my way back.

For that push in the right direction I will be RDA and MacGyver grateful for ever.

BTW the episode was absolutely thrilling...and the nearly black and white film for coma scenes was great.

Of course there are sooooo many other good episodes.

Too much to name them all....

Oh...and he looked always sooo good in everyone.

Did I mention I had a big crush on Rick, when I was a teenager?.....crush is still there.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
Caty

Post by Caty »

This time of the year my favorite episode was, is, and always will be "Madonna"!
Every time I got tears in my eyes, I love this episode so much. :oops:

And the other episodes? I guess it depends on my mood, not every episode fits in every mood, but there are so many and I'll always find one convenient. :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

I still can't come up with just one. I mentioned one but it's not the only one I really liked. I still haven't been able to watch the one about the ghost. I like horror movies and shows, or medical horror (Robin Cook's work.) I don't relate to much else no matter how hard I try. I also like shows about real-life paranormal experiences, which is why I watch all those shows like Paranormal Witness, My Haunted House and A Haunting.
I've never seen the MacGyver episdoe called Madonna. I was an EMT-B and working all the time when MacGyver was on in the 80's and as a paramedic I've found even less time to watch 45-min long shows. In the 80's we did this thing called 24 over 48 (paramedics do 48 over 72) which meant you'd work for 24 hours straight and have 48 off but all you'd do with the down time is sleep bc you'd be exhausted. When you're on call, you could be woken in the middle of the night for an emergency, you go at whatever time you get the call and in Los Angeles we were ALWAYS getting the call so I was nonstop busy no matter what some people (complain) to the contrary. Just bc they drive by and see us sitting at the station between calls doesn't mean we "never do any work."
Anyway I'm needing to re-watch all the episodes and they just took MacGyver off our stations before I could finish watching all of it. My DVD player's broken so I can't even watch it that way right now. It was on Hulu but I don't know if it still is. I'll have to check next time I get a spare moment.