...meh

Salem Moses

...meh

Post by Salem Moses »

Exciting day this July 4th
..yes

It was only an ongoing intellectual "kick-the-can" conversation over lunch break with contractors, but has progressed to the point that we think we should be technologically capable of building this. Minus of course, Rodney's hyperspace modification.. probably.

PS:. The concert last night was awesome. I was in a band that opened for Elvis (look-a-like). Made me wonder if an amateur Stargate episode could be made with character look-a-likes. We could breathe life into fanfics, putting them on as a YouTube episode. Or maybe as a simple animation.. like South Park. Maybe use actual character voices from franchise episodes. Other than that, I wonder how fast the Puddle Jumper could get up to. Also work is underway on a ZPM that is designed after the design functionality of a hedgehog. Am wondering what percentage output we could get out if it.. even a trickle is a good start. But it's all just theoretical at the moment.

Fun fact: play an MP3 song on your phone and take notice of the volume. Now take a large empty pot, place a beverage coaster in the bottom. Now place your phone on the coaster and select "play" for that same MP3. Notice the difference? Now imagine a crystal has a natural resonance as all crystals do, and if a manufactured mineral crystal (like using a 3D printer but another type made for growing crystals in a lab to certain specifications) can have an outer shell which is more dense and an inner cavity which is less dense.. then include a tuning fork construct (similar to crystalline based circuitry thought up about 15 years ago) made of another type of crystalline density which can channel off vibrations toward the bottom of the crystal to be interfaced by another device.. and there you go.
Last edited by Salem Moses on Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salem Moses

Re: ...meh

Post by Salem Moses »

Today.. we were able to fully replicate a crystal sample of exotic origin. Same durability, hardness, weight, and energy attribute. To say it simply.. we were surprised. But this bodes well for future prospects. Theory work still ongoing on a hedgehog ZPM design model.

Durability is the ability to withstand wear or damage and is not the same as hardness. A Diamond has perfect cleavage – meaning if it is struck at the right place, it can break cleanly along a distinct plane. Topaz is another gem that has perfect cleavage, and it has a hardness of 8.
-Cynthia Renee, Inc.

The next logical step in the testing lab, would be to see how the manufactured sample compares to a diamond of similar size, then titanium. The original sample is on supervised loan for two more days, supposedly, and is far too rare for testing purposes. It's classification is a "shard" of something much larger. A small Titanium chunk we can secure from a welding school shop. Once we are able to exactly replicate our replicated copy, we can start destructive testing on our copy to determine its limits.
Last edited by Salem Moses on Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

.. sample arrival starts phase 2 of testing

The titanium sample arrived late in the post this week to a harrowing silence. The original crystal shard was no longer at the lab here, though the copy we were able to successfully replicate.. was. After some testing regiments were carried out, we were filled with more questions than answers. Gram per gram, the shard proved more durable than titanium. When similarly sized for shear strength testing, the shard was, at least, twice as heavy. High output electrical arc destructive testing left negliable scarring on the shard but was more noticeable on the titanium.. indicating the shard had an electrical absorption characteristic (not sure how or where the excess energy was dissipated). Setting up for use of the 200 terawatt laser, wouldn't now seem applicable as the individual samples are electrically dissimilar. Titanium, as it turns out, is the only element that naturally burns in the presence of nitrogen.

As I sat in my chair, I notice the lab is near empty with almost everyone having already left. I'm left to now ponder thoughts tangled in loose ends, as my departure further fills the lab with an uneasy silence. Don't like frayed edges on fabric, or loose ends in research. Going to head straight to bed and give my mental gears some needed rest. At this point in time, 3D printers can build things using titanium. Letting my thoughts wander, I am neither sure nor unsure if the shard sample material could likewise be used in construction purposes. A big question mark, red flagging another loose end, which makes me more unsettled all the more before bed. The image is of Ra's ship with a stargate overlay noting the source of his vaunted strength.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

~ Impending Explosion.. to be scheduled after my coffee ~

Been a long day full of no real progress.. at all, except the brisket soft taco from that mexican place was pretty nice.

The lab guys & one cautious gal were bored with nothing to do on a Saturday while I just sip coffee and look disinterested, so they started on a design-build for a ZPM. I had really tried to come up with something to show here, but this computer chose not to like me today. It's been one of those days where I should have just saved myself the trouble and stayed in bed.

Doing a McKay maneuver (walking in circles until you randomly combine two unrelated thoughts into one coherent one), they first decided on the idea to extract vaccum energy from our local region of spacetime as opposed to zero point modules which extract zero point energy from an artificially created region of subspace (like a universe in a bottle). Then Referencing Project Arcturus on Destiny's Computer, in order to prevent a catastrophic overload, the weapon attached to that project acted as a pressure release valve similar to a pressure cooker my mom would use when canning tomatoes. If that "floating" valve didn't jiggle, pressure would build up and BOOM.. tomatoes everywhere. Running the device at 50% would generate enough power similar to 12 ZPM's. Extracting zero point energy from our local spacetime is impossibly difficult. Doing so radically alters the fundamental physical laws within that region. The very act of trying to contain vacuum energy from our own spacetime creates an environment where the laws of physics cease to apply. Inside the containment field would, as a result, be bombarded by the continuous creation and destruction of exotic particles. Such that, being a region governed by wholely different laws of physics, these new energetic particles would then behave in ways impossible for them to predict. Thereby rendering the containment field unable to properly contain them. It would only be a matter of time before it failed entirely. Upon breaking containment, moreover, all the newly created exotic particles would then breach the chamber as hard radiation. -thanks for Destiny's computer referencing this warning.. saves me the trouble.

(~This spot saved for technical mumbo jumbo concerning zero point theory and the likelihood of retrieving energy from it~)(Notwithstanding.. on what I sort'ov am familiar with from my experience researching crystals. It isn't impossible for crystals cut/shaped for a specific resonance to as a group overlap/heterodyne a very low frequency in which matches one of the upper harmonics of a sub-spatial layer. That within a resonating chamber effect in the crystal construct, pulses could be introduced to disturb the finely vibrating energy layer within the cavity that a resulting amplified echo of the responding entropy could be tapped)(meh.. the overall concept isn't the easiest thing to describe, -apologies)(in compost, there is something known as the thermal pile effect. In cooperative resonance, mmm.. a similar phenomena comes into being)

(*sigh*)..

Then, mindful of the above computer referenced warning as voiced by Destiny, the guys decided to not alienate the only girl on the team (sometimes I feel so invisible, not having breasts) which then began the redesign process of a ZPM crystal construct that doesn't create an artificially created region of subspace (yeah, that's just scifi technobable for the moment). Instead, it would draw on energy which already exists in the universe, filter it through the crystal but at a much smaller syphon capability. Thereby not leading to 3/4 of our solar system blowing up. Energy would build up to a focused point to then flood through in spurts. I should probably add into the discussion the thought of incorporating a butterfly valve type system to help regulate the flow (but that caffine inspired insight comes after coffee). Red crystals are referenced as having been programmed to control the process, yellow as a buffer zone to prevent spurts/surges from overloading the device. Green, in my opinion, is the butterfly valve. The build would start tonight, but the actual activation may be in a couple weeks after the ZPM is completed.

Yep.. I guess we're actually doing this. Cross your fingers and hope we can enjoy coffee evermore.
Last edited by Salem Moses on Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Small update, nothing big. More of a "Post-it Note" than anything. While the guys were at it.. on the design-build for a full size (25.4 inch) ZPM prototype (named "ZPM 1.0"), a mini ZPM was included as an afterthought to the design build. Roughly 8 inches long (I think), it will (hopefully work?) power a Puddle Jumper which is also on the design-build project board for much later. The ZPM mini would have the characteristic of allowing surges to come into it through bypassing the butterfly valve protocol. In effect, a slow heartbeat pulsing behavior. The "butterfly valve" (aka the "green crystal") would still regulate for a smooth output. Again, the large version prototype does not have the green crystal nor the red crystal. The crystaline construct is simply a buffer to test a new theory on universal energy sourcing. So.. am expecting any output to also be riddled with power surges. But you can't make an omelet without first breaking some eggs, right?
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

The prototype ZPM 1.0 was activated this morning and should draw a negligible amount of ambient energy from the localized environment into it's structure. At this point in the observation, the shape of the "whirlpool" effect surrounding the ZPM is in the shape of a clockwise rotating torus (imaged above). It was first discovered that a clockwise rotational movement of inflowing positively charged energy along a horizontal x-axis was present. Then a clockwise rotational movement was observed of inflowing positively charged energy along a vertical y-axis was also present. Can't have both, right? But as the shape became more apparent as to what we were looking at, it was speculated that a toroidal field was indeed forming. In an open journal of applied sciences, "..Defining the electron to be a toroidal form of concentrated energy rather than a monopole point-charge, such as used for the Orbital Nuclear Atomic Model (ONAM), leads to a subtly different explanation for electricity and the dynamic nature of electromagnetic fields. The Spin Torus Energy Model (STEM) is used to define the electron and positron, which are then used to explain the nature of electric and magnetic fields, electric current generation from battery and induction sources, capacitor charge and discharge, and superconductivity. STEM supports the notion that free positrons exist within matter, and are equal in importance to electrons: as ONAM makes no provision for positrons within matter, this assertion has wide ranging implications for atomic structure models and chemistry."

Within the experiment area of the prototype ZPM, energy is accelerated the closer to the crystalline surface but acts similarly to a whirlpool in which there is a null zone area directly above the ZPM. The energy at the top of the torus, is in a clockwise rotation but sloping ever toward the ZPM. As an addendum to the observation, is that the energy is more positively charged than our reference point being used, which surprised some here as it was expected that negatively charged energy would result from the loss of bonded positively charged energy. The plans are to let the ZPM sit for the next several hours and continue to draw in what amount it can before more deeper analytics are made. That's about it, am heading out for a morning burrito before checking back in on the project's progress. Oh, one last thing.. temperature reading of the ZPM remains constant, if that would'ov been a concern for some of you. There is no distinguishable temperature reading of the energy our instruments can detect as acceleration increases the closer it approaches the ZPM through the torus shape in which the ambient energy flows. Also the image is an approximation which I came up with, based on feedback from what was picked up on from the localized environment surrounding the ZPM. To what we can initially determine, there is no exterior threshold of the torus shape. Similar to a whirlpool in an ocean.. there is no outer defined boundary, simply a ever decreased effected area. As you can see in the image, there is no (red) instruction control crystal and no (green) "butterfly valve" output control crystal. Simple testing the theory that a zpm is feasible (however inefficient it may turn out to be). Opposite from the regular type ZPM which you may be accustomed to, that draws vacuum energy from a created pocket of subspace within the crystalline energy envelope cavity. This prototype draws ambient positively charged energy from the localized environment exterior to the crystal construct.

And in regard to Lorenz hypothesis of the "butterfly effect", which is an early expression of chaos theory that looks at the way complex systems are highly sensitive to initial conditions and are thus extremely unpredictable. The testing being performed is within a positive pressure controlled laboratory setting. At the time of his initial assessment on weather forecasting back in the day, Lorenz found that meteorologists were using linear statistical modelling to forecast weather and often failed. In developing a nonlinear model of the atmosphere for climate modelling, Lorenz created what is called a Lorenz attractor showing small changes in starting conditions result in huge changes to the paths each line takes, yet the lines still fall within the confine of the same shape.. providing order within the chaos. Each starting point leads to a unique evolution that the individual lines within the attractor are highly unstable in their trajectories. However, the attractor shows that as a whole, the system is stable. There are no possible starting point within the attractor that can lead to a trajectory that escapes from it. This apparent contradiction is at the heart of chaos theory. In brief, his "butterfly effect" has been addressed in the safeguard implementation of this experiment. There would be more atmospheric variance due to a front door opening in an air conditioned building, than through this test.

And my apologies for stating this, but to stem future fanboy requests for divulging proprietary information or purchasing a working model.. This isn't a popcorn stand and we don't sell jelly donuts. There is much which I cannot share on a public forum, save for postcard generalities. This endeavor, however well-meaning, is monitored for plausible liability reasons. But still the precedent within the franchise was considered enough to warrant the creative expenditure of this.. fanfic. As sometime in 2009, Dr. Nicholas Rush and others placed an actual astro-physical Stargate problem into a video game to see if anyone outside the Stargate Program could solve it. Which Eli eventually did and became a boon to the program and subsequent stranded crew in providing technical relief through his outside-the-box open minded curiosity.

Understanding how the interconnected engineered mechanical structure of a doorknob works, is not a prerequisite to being able to use it. The door is already unlocked, you just have to apply the effort at addressing the next step.. once you figure it out.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Just a quick post-it note before heading off to work.

The ZPM 1.0 prototype has sat turned off to see if the charge remains consistently at the same level or degrades in strength over time. Thus far, the charge was holding steady and we're near 25% capacity. ZPM will be turned back on today to continue building strength of it's housed charge. The total capacity will be whatever limit this crystalline construct prototype can hold, we're not expecting a power cell like in the series..
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Quick Post-it note before going to bed..

Today the "ZPM 1.0 Mini" model was completed. This test model will create energy (..filter energy?) from within it's resonant cavity structure as opposed from without as the "ZPM 1.0" model is currently doing.

Below is a small bit of information on ZPM's. Note the use of the red "jewel" crystal.

..and of course the mini sized ZPM 1.0 which will be initiated tomorrow to create energy within it's crystalline structure.
..(image is from 3D printing found on internet, but is reference size to what we'll be using here)

Last edited by Salem Moses on Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Apologies in the sincerest manner.. it's after bedtime and I only have this short moment to post this late Saturday update. Haven't checked with the ZPM 1.0 prototype construct today, been concerned more with the ZPM 1.0 mini construct. But here's the 411 on the former.

Then we'll get to the "Something strange happened" to the latter. A couple days ago, the cognitive monitoring a.i. initiated a shutdown of the ZPM 1.0 prototype because it detected surge activity which was more than the referenced data point threshold it was programmed to allow for. Turned out the floating data point reference didn't account for the initial influx of energy into a vacuum state which caused a simblence of a surge overload condition which red flagged the a.i. to initiate the safety protocol shutdown procedure. After a full day of monitoring in the "off" state, the data point reference was changed to a more homogenized state and the ZPM was reactivated.

Concerning the mini.. (*sigh*). It reached 100% charge capacity then automatically shut itself off. During it's charge cycle, hmmm.. a vibration-like ripple compression wave travelled along the torus field from the outside toward the core. Like a seismic compression wave of an earth tremor. The torus field is not resonant, but the compression vibrational disturbance ripple.. was. It travelled faster along the horizontal axis, slower along the vertical axis. Hmm.. the ripple disturbance to the torus field passed through the core without noticable effect.. as if just disappearing, or exponentially diminishing to a singular point within the core itself. In the initial powering of the ZPM 1.0 mini construct, we applied a 20 second cycling influx of potential to allow for something of a heartbeat. This programmed "disturbance" was to prevent a "locking" condition as how radiator thermostats invariably become prone to failing open or failing closed, depending on their design. It was determined later, that the resonant vibration being drawn through the torus field and into the crystalline core, was the after effect of each programmed pulse as it subsided. It is as yet determined if the instability was solely due to the refractory nature of the crystalline medium, or if this was just a contributing factor in the grand scheme of things.

In Nature, as observed through the Scientific Method, there is a sense of balance between Order & Chaos, if even only a tenuous one. So too it seems, in prototyped ZPM operation. Which now reminds me of a t-shirt I saw..

..nuff said.
Last edited by Salem Moses on Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Tertiary Adjutant.. Now with that bit attended to... I can move on to more relevant things in the lab here.