Short Topic: Alteran CityShips

Salem Moses

Short Topic: Alteran CityShips

Post by Salem Moses »

Something of a discussion topic came up in an earlier post, as to how many cityships the Ancients built and the speculated specialized purpose of each. Assuming like our own large cities, that although the basic framework is present, a city may develop into specialized sectors and focus on politics (ie: Washington DC), electronics research (ie: Silicon Valley), tourism (ie: Honalulu), agriculture (ie: Palm Beach) and so forth. Follows, are listings of said canonical recurring design and a probable defining attribute of said cityship.

CityShip #1: Original Ship the Alterans used in fleeing from the Ori ruled galaxy. Little to nothing is known about this cityship except for structural details and size as design limits were from the space of the cavern within the mountain the ship was constructed and remained in hiding within. The small dome at the top of this cityship could have functioned as a navigational array or else for aesthetics in (like Destiny's observation balcony room) allowing one's soul to view the work of creation (instead of travelling blind confined in a tin can). But as form follows function and a person inevitably shapes their world bubble. We can look into the people who rode in this cityship to discern a short list of likely probabilities.

CityShip #2: Derelict ship which left Dakara then later found by Daedalus which had been self quarantined from the Fenrir virus outbreak. Cityship's given name was Descenne which means "to learn". There is a thought that this cityship was originally the one which fled the Ori and later on Dakara was built up/ added onto. As no other mention has been pinned to this ship other than another city the Ancients built. I count the two as being separate.

CityShip #3: Atlantis left Earth during Fenrir outbreak and went to Pegasus Galaxy. From both the Atlantis franchise opening episode as well as the SG-1 crossover which encountered the Fenrir viral strain along with the woman in the image (of whose familiarity & interest is not drawn by military items (she's not military), medical equipment (her background isn't medical) but rather her interest is drawn into the "give & take" exchanges of the people around her. Remaining silent, watching.. learning.. focusing on the people thenselves in determining their values. The word "politics" comes to mind within the framework of a higher tier level of administration rather than any other specialization. Also the clothing worn by this woman and her male counterpart was of high status fashion of which normally a laborer wouldn't wear. Also a supporting thought is the Atlantis cityship had admin oversight over all Alteran operations in the Milky Way Galaxy. Because in part, at the end of Atlantis stay on Earth, the ship left for the Pegasus Galaxy soon followed/ or preceeded by both the other two cityship's.

CityShip #4: (No Name), Eldred's Planet of the Lord Protector. Still piecing this together along with how the cityship became buried unless it rested in a deep lake which filled up over time from yearly floods thousands of years ago.. Or perhaps the planet shifted and what was once water became dry land.

CityShip #5: The Atlantis copy of the Human-form Replicators and ruled by Oberoth. In short fashion, I'm imaging a city of accountants or maybe if the IRS took possession of a city then used it as their onsite housing and office space.

CityShip #6: The copy of Atlantis by Replicator Rebels who fled Oberoth to seek ascension. My gut feeling here is that these "accountants" simply existed within the architecture which was not of their own design. So picture anyone on a working vacation, and you would come to the same conclusion.

CityShip #7:. In an alternate dimension, Shepherd, McKay and party came across a version of Atlantis that was being bombarded by an unknown mothership (of cyborgs). Technically this cityship makes the 8th one.. but not really a different one than a mirror reflection is a different "us".

And lastly.. I've been experiencing (troubled by) a vague sense as if in a dream, that there should also be an 8th listed here. But I cannot logically put forward a credible canon response. So I will leave this bit of ambiguity to my fellow researchers, in reasoning through canon Comic, backstory commentary, canon (but unpublished) game arc framework, or what have you. Somewhere out there, exists an 8th cityship following Atlantean design. My gut instinct tells me this. But for now, on to other projects.
Salem Moses

Re: Short Topic: Alteran CityShips

Post by Salem Moses »

~ Evidence of CLOSE Ancient Atlantis/ Athosian Treaty ~

Teyla once told John Sheppard of the city of her technologically advanced ancestors in their city. John's commanding officer took a pair of binoculars and looked at the ruins of an advanced city not much distance from the temporary location of Teyla's roaming village. There was something about the architecture which seemed off.. and I kept seeing it's shape time and again but on the city of Atlantis. Then the cave petroglyphs near Teyla's village filled in the missing pieces. Proof, that the Ancients who lived in the city of Atlantis was on very friendly terms with the ancient Athosians (Teyla's ancestors). The building you see may be thought of as a embarkation (Embarkment is the process of loading a passenger ship or an airplane with passengers or military personnel, related to and overlapping with individual boarding on aircraft and ships) building.. or an unofficial (field embassy?) on foreign soil.

I have found no other (Pegasus Galaxy) civilization, which was in contact with Atlantis, to have Atlantean architecture on their soil. True, at least one civilization.. the Dorandans, cityscape was nearly completely in ruin so as to not distinguish foreign from domestic architecture.

(more evidence to come tomorrow.. is bedtime now)