Alien Prop Tablets/Screens ongoing translation project

Salem Moses

Re: Alien Prop Tablets/Screens ongoing translation project

Post by Salem Moses »

Translating Wraith Text on a computer display held by Rodney McKay.

Please note that sometimes, probably due to diminishing production schedules (or cutting down "time-on-the-clock"), the prop department randomly types stuff.

..if only the prop department had someone on-staff that could read and write multiple alien languages.

..and sometimes the prop department just writes whatever pops into their head

They're nonetheless really great guys (and girls?) who put amazing props in front of the camera to add character story depth and also to stage the drama better. But if anyone is deserving of pickles for Christmas.. it would most likely be the accountants who says "That Costs Too Much..".

Would like to post more.. but it's bedtime for me. \(^___^)
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

An odd thing happened when I tried translating a Wraith computer screen (prop) with standard Wraith lexicon.. wouldn't work. Turns out it was written in a more advanced (ie: complicated) form of Wraith language which the standard download reference doesn't do too well with. Sooo.. instead of posting that, I'll switch to a computer screen (prop) image from StarGate Universe.

Also I'm advised to start including a personal watermark indicating responsibility for the translation.

..Now have to figure out how to reasonably do that without embarrassment. Buggers

(May 12th update.. am watermarking relevant translation posts up to this point)
Last edited by Salem Moses on Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Merlin's Computer
Translation is near accurate.. As Sigmund Freud once said, “Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar,”. In my experience, sometimes a prop is just a prop.

Device built by Merlin the Ancient to conceal his research.
Last edited by Salem Moses on Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

StarGate Universe: Long Distance Communication Stones
.......... A Prop Of Another Color, Is Still A Relevant Artifact On Life's Stage ..........

According to the Better Health Channel (www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au), and I quote:
"In relationships, communication allows to you explain to someone else what you are experiencing and what your needs are. The act of communicating not only helps to meet your needs, but it also helps you to be connected in your relationship."

And in translating this prop, allowing my creative mind to wander.. I began to think about the "morale of the story" behind StarGate Universe. In particular, contemplating the defining point of what makes a relationship borderline successful, and therefore meaningful with probably the same feeling of nervous anxiety as any kind hearted & supportive guy about to give up the tv remote to his girlfriend.. during WrestleMania Pay Per View. Versus a relationship borne of convenience and self interest that inevitably leans dangerously toward a social/financial/professional liability, restraining order pending, and therefore requiring yet another set of door locks, having to change all your online passwords yet again and update your facebook status to "definitely NOT dating anymore.. shoo shoo".

(don't leave yet, please hear me out)..

The subtle notion dawning on me now as to what connects us as viewers to a "Gilligan's-Island-In-Space" drama is that one of the underlying core tenants which makes up the evolution of the StarGate Universe story.. basically is the exploration not of the unknowns of space, but rather the unknown territory of relationships. A very human drama, where opposite genders of varying levels of learned (behavior) "skill" (some useful, some not so useful, and some simply annoying) must overcome their inherent prejudices & social limitations in a stress filled claustrophobic environment (ie: commitment) and learn basic diplomacy (It's an art, not a science) about cooperatively understanding one another and to communicate (ie: to connect) with each other in a productive manner. We are all alone, even in a room filled with people. A basic primal fear within each of us, is in trusting someone different than ourselves, especially when that other person can look at the very same thing we are looking at.. for several long minutes.. standing right beside us.. and still have absolutely to clue what we're thinking. So, basically, "connection" & "relevancy" helps like fertilizer to grow mutual respect so "trust" can blossom. Yep, fertilizer is what comes to mind right now. No Salem, it's just a phase he's going through. Lunar notwithstanding.

..........................................Left Side ...................................................................... Right Side ....................
Image Image

I was also wondering about the meaning/purpose of props, since we see so much of them. In quoting "The Importance Of Props In Film" by Dick George Creatives"
"Props are crucial in the story-telling; they complement and motivate the character, helping the actor feel more 'the part', setting the scene, identifying a particular time and place and cultural setting, sometimes even becoming a huge focus of the film."

Hmm.. as art imitates life imitates art.. people naturally get nervous when they are standing in front of strangers. By use of exaggerated body language, or a prop in which to distract the attention of everyone's piercing gaze which silently screams "entertain us". (To sidebar a bit, "Acting" in a fluid natural manner is a really tough thing to pull off. Kudo's to any actor brave enough to step infront of a camera with little-to-no notice of a live audition to vocalize your rehearsed monologue. Yep, even I was bit by the acting bug up on stage which is why I have a deep seated appreciation for relevant props). Inanimate objects helps break the ice in a nervous environment, like an interesting magazine on the coffee table at the dentist's office. Or another explanation from a future mother-in-law as to why little johnny is always absentminded about anniversaries.. sure, it's probably his blood sugar, and the moon phase keeps changing, and he never really recovered from that Daylight Savings Time fiasco. Sure, there will be other anniversaries, I was simply wanting to connect to someone who would think little anniversaries were relevant. -but he's always mindful of the really big dates. First day of Open Rifle Hunting, First day of televised college football, Free Fishing Day when anyone (resident or non-resident) of any age may fish free without a license, and lastly the exact date saved to his smartphone calendar (with alarm sound) when the limited-time-offering McRib returns each Autumn to McDonalds. ugh, but I digress.

(*taking a moment to breathe a few times, and try to think positive*)

In any relationship, be it a job related professional demeanor that one establishes harmonious rapport with coworkers (respecting personal space and topical etiquette), or an interpersonal cooperation toward a shared goal or interest. Once a communication link has been bridged, usually through any manner of real-life props (small talk over the coffee maker, bumping into someone at the copy machine, or the end-of-day crunch when productivity hits it's highest accompanied by just as many sentiments of being woefully understaffed). Supportive dialogue, piggybacking on a sense of dependability through checking in to "touch base" on a predictable regular basis (ie: each evening in providing a sense of mutually shouldering stress, each morning with a text sending a short note of encouragement for the day ahead, or each Friday helping to bring a sense of closure from a hectic work week and the prospects of enjoying "time off" on the weekend).

There are many roads between two distant points on a map, even if both separate individuals take seemingly different routes.. All roads inevitably lead to the same destination.. if both share the willingness of reaching that journey's end, together. In an offered opinion, from someone who still is nervous about opening certain doors in life. Finding something to break the ice in connecting to someone, then finding relevance in sharing a common opinion with them. Only provides the opening musical note as the curtain rises on the stage set for another enactment of life's ongoing story. All actors perform with skillful use of pause, of exaggeration, of poignant turn of feelings.. all used in the silent dialogue of a consciousness exploring eternity. Be it prone to success or failure, the journey still refines the meaning of what it is to be human.

Even if the staged drama is between two isolated people travelling through a vast emptiness of space, on a planet filled with rocks.

Image Image

Funfact, I have absolutely no idea what to make of these different symbols found on the top & side of the communication stone (except maybe that last one on the first line might be an "N".. sort'ov looks like an "N".. maybe). The unfamiliar symbols seem very worn and thus not very friendly toward helping me to understand them better. It's as if this stone doesn't want me to understand it. Taunting me..

Still, understanding how people share a sense of self with one another through use of communication.. small talk. I think would help me in not being so anxiety prone when meeting people. No more the invisible wall flower on the fringe of a social gathering. I've now enough strength to lean against a support pillar in the cafeteria, a couple tables outside of the active conversation area. It's still progress, so it should count.

Next topic.. Shields, with accompanying dialogue about my personal experience with them.. and a new discovery just found out. Turns out, a shield which is used to protect a habitable construct, can (by the nature of it's operation?) cause lifeforms inside to not show up on a life-scan taken from outside the shield. Don't understand why, but perhaps it blocks the "life" energy frequency because that frequency is within the operating range of the shield's "energy blocking" barrier? I dunno. But everyone here was surprised when a comm check came in wondering where we all were.
Last edited by Salem Moses on Tue May 31, 2022 2:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

..apologies for the 14 day hiatus.

Someone who feels responsible for me.. let me know in non-canon fashion to the far reaching legal binding of a nondisclosure agreement. So I won't be specifying anything in particular about.. something that could get me in trouble. Seeing as how my bank account is frequently linked to the local Star Buck's kiosk. However, I will continue to share my thoughts relevant to the StarGate franchise and find things to ponder on.

I might.. umm.. point toward things but remain silent.

..Woolsey would be proud.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Wraith Hive Ship

They are among the most advanced class of warships ever created. This class of ship was first encountered by the Atlantis expedition in 2005.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Power Array Board (?) at Atlantis

(right click bottom image then select "open image in new tab" for larger image viewing)
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Unearthing The StarGate Coverstone
My Ongoing Semantic Translation of Egyptian Hieroglyphs To Reveal New Information, Section by Section
..I will update the embedded image as I continue to chip away at the translation, a little bit each evening

Note that I am not currently attempting (yet) the phonic translation but rather the conceptual semantic translation.. as near I can. Some creative license is employed in order to fill in the blanks.. as Daniel has done on many occasions. Right click and "open image in new tab" for larger image. After each section numeral, is the actual image symbol identification, then my attempt at threading together the likely narrative.

(several days later) Still poking at this.. some makes sense, some doesn't. But section 7 clearly looks to relate to a stargate as is a similar shape to the "gate of the gods" urban legend in Peru. Legend says that when Cortez invaded/destroyed the Aztec empire.. that one of their priests went to this location, placed a circular disk-like structure in a shallow round spot on the side of the inner wall which seemed made for it.. There was vibration as the mountain seemed to tremble, a portal then opened in the doorway and the fleeing priest went through the portal with a small collection of important cultural scrolls he rescued from the Spanish' torching of anything non-spanish and anyone non-spanish put to the sword. Thought is that the disk provided one "address" for the star gate to open a portal to. Similar to how Orlin constructed a mini-stargate in Samantha Carter's basement which only had one address wired into it so there was no need for a dialing device or inner rings. I am aware of other examples of other connections to other worlds which was intentional as well as non-intentional. Sometimes the geological shape of granite or sandstone in forming a circular void in a large mountainous rock, when charged through localized thunderstorm activity, has been told to have retained a membrane surface that another world was seen through it. Like how a circular shape retains a soapy water membrane that a bubble could be blown. Some dimensions closely overlay ours and very small bridged passageways occur, through temporarily in nature. Eventually, the bubble pops. There is an obscure Merlin legend of using something like a Torii gate but several in-line within a buried tunnel that allowed Merlin to traverse into another time period. Maybe, his otherworldly knowledge during the early Middle Ages was due to him being from a more advanced world? Perhaps even using this temporal vortex construct to return his consciousness (ie: thought energy) back several decades to his younger self where he would then know how events would play out and could better engineer a desired result. Like the tv show "Quantum Leap" but more medieval. -Just a thought.

Image Image
Last edited by Salem Moses on Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:42 am, edited 15 times in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

The Obelisk
In Search for the Holy Grail

When Samantha Carter was working with Ba'al to find the command override in the correlative program routines. Am guessing the text on obelisk should read "Way To Enlightenment"..

Acrylic circuit cards marked "Destination Card" forward & backwards in Ancient Alteran. So maybe the cards can be oriented upside down or downside up and still work? Meaning their function is not polarized one way but not the other. Which leads me to think that, like how we now have battery jump cables which cannot be reverse connected (which would'ov resulted in shorting someone's battery and leaving both vehicles stranded), that maybe Alterans idiot-proofed this device so that later people wouldn't dismantle it and forget how to put it back.. thus shorting out the whole device with no one still around and un-ascended to offer replacement parts. Way to think forward.. if by several thousand years.

Last edited by Salem Moses on Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

~ StarGate Universe ~
Large Engineering Kino Controller

Button functions read.. "Select", "Dial", "Function", "Enter", and "System".

If you notice, there are double function controls for dialing.. yet Destiny only had one stargate. So at first glance, I wasn't sure why the need for multitasking a dialing controller. Unless.. you were maybe an engineer and wanted to look at diagnostics during the selected mode operation sequence? Also the text on the screen reads "Bacterial Sample". So perhaps a Kino could go through the stargate to sample the alien environment (ie: water, air, airborne particulates, fauna) to help determine if it was relatively safe (as far as completely alien environments go) for ship's crew to venture onto that planet for much needed resource gathering (ie: water, food). The real risk, is unknown diseases/plagues which lay dormant & contained within that localized biome, now having a way to escape the planet by infecting someone from the crew. Which lends sense to using a remote "microscope" (Kino) to go planetside. Perhaps the double controls was to double the search productivity by using 2 kino's simultaneously.