Alien Prop Tablets/Screens ongoing translation project

Salem Moses

Re: Alien Prop Tablets/Screens ongoing translation project

Post by Salem Moses »

~ Atlantis Control Console "Support/ Leg" ~

The "toolbox" looking things aren't toolboxes or maintenance lunch boxes left on the set. I would think they contain a DC Battery to power the LED lights on the Control Console(s). The message written in Ancient is "Disconnect Power Before Moving".
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Remembering the former "god" of Abydos..
..System Lord Unas
..though not this guy who is probably just a soldier to an Unas System Lord who later took on a human host

(In the above graphic, the last "X" gate symbol doesn't show in the image)
(This 6th gate glyph is rarely seen used by the SGC, though the "Morpheus" -sleeping sickness.. episode gate address had this same 6th symbol)

BEFORE Apophis (who wanted to torture Teal'c.. for betraying him)..

there was Socar (who wanted to torture Apophis.. because he could)
Before Socar..

there was Unas (who wanted to torture everyone.. because he hated everyone).

Remember, that with great power.. comes great pridefulness. The Goa'uld had a systematic flaw in their psychology, they loved to brag. Feeling superior to about everyone else around them, they eventually felt victim to their own tales of greatness in that there was no true rival to worry about. Whether Ancient text is embedded within the superstructure framework of a mothership such as what I believe existed on Anubis' mothership support extensions (thumbing his nose at the ascended Ancients), or other such machinations of megalomania. This Unas wore glyphs which didn't really fit in with any Goa'uld language symbology that I am familiar with.. until I compared single glyphs with gate symbols on the Abydos tablet. If you realize that some symbol usage are flipped horizontally and account for friction wear on the glyphs over thousands of years (see notation below), there is.. (enough?) of a percentile extrapolation match to identify his shoulder symbols as a gate address. The other possible options which I ruled out (for not really being probable).. was his name.. like a name tag. Goa'uld never used name tags on anyone, other than a forehead tattoo or gold poured emblem directly onto the forehead. The glyph symbols on the shoulder strap has a low probability of being an "I am owned by.." identifier for this Unas. A gate address serves more likely.. as a function of a national flag on the shoulder of a soldier. This Unas, in my opinion, is a soldier for an Unas who existed long ago. System Lords commonly send Jaffa out through the gate in order to scout & conquer territory and/or bring back slaves. This Unas was probably in a similar role, as the controlling faction of the System Lords were no doubt all Unas. Until the time when they saw benefit of taking a human host.

Notation: Goa'uld symbiote enslaved Unas hosts predated human hosts far enough back for such knowledge to become generally lost. In the original movie "Stargate" (with Kurt Russell), an Unas is shown in an early scene. Also in the episode "Thor's Hammer", Teal'c commented to Jack O'Neill that he had only heard legends/myths of the Unas and thought they were simply scary stories used to frighten children to not wander out at night (and probably eat all their vegetables and get to bed early).
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Understanding of the Book of Origin
..still a source for migraines

Still eluding translation efforts from a multitude of community talent, is this source for perpetual migraines. However, it is a proposed in-canon thought of mine that one possible reason for the difficulty is the overlooked difference in hierchy. Unlike ancient Greek, Egyptian or even Sumerian lexicon where the script was from an intelligent source (or scribed by proxy) unto the later reader of similar intelligible equivalence for reasoning capability. The Ori ascended beings believed their followers of such low intelligence and reasoning capability as compared to themselves. That the Book of Origin was written as if to kindergarten children. The words phonically being written out as such as they would be spoken.

Example:
Animal => (AN-ih-mul)
Table => (TAY-bul)
Telephone => (TEL-uh-fOn)
Zebra => (ZEE-bruh)

This point of thought might be a subtle in-canon character motivation behind the "rebel" group of learned intelligent members of the Ori "children" who sought out the forbidden past in order to more fully come into their own Renaissance of independent thought. And also why they looked toward the Book of Origin with such distaste as to ever restrict the human race to require "training wheels".. mentally speaking.

As the Rosetta stone was instrumental in deciphering the Egyptian hieroglyphics. There must also be a short word which was both spoken and recorded in written form that could, at least in part, lead to further translation for the page as imaged above.

..just a thought.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Series: Stargate Atlantis
Season: 4
Episode: Lifeline.. The Heist

Synopsis: While relocating the cityship of Atlantis to another planet, it becomes adrift in space from it's energy becoming to low to maintain hyperspace travel. A modified hyperspace capable puddle jumper is launched to the nearby planet within a 2000 lightyear travel range distance in order to secure a ZPM to restore power levels to the cityship of Atlantis. The modified hyperspace capable puddle jumper arrives at the Replicator Homeworld, which is the only planet known to possess multiple ZPM's. Weir accesses the replicator data-net via the nanobots still in her body. My theory is posted on the image as to why there are rings of letters surrounding prominent buildings but not other general use buildings. Later images in this post are at the computer core. Perhaps the yellow letters on the screen are meant to be an code prompt in order to permit access to the computer core system. The letters embedded on the steps are ancient text, but I cannot get a clear enough screenshot to distinguish very many letters.. yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the steps are indeed the same prop as found at the stargate room of the Atlantis set.

(..upon later reflection after posting the above image, I would discount these prominent buildings serving as command & control alongside research departments. So it's my current hypothesis that these "ringed" buildings serve exclusively command & control restricted-access use only. General research to be segregated to the generalized buildings alongside general support personnel)

Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

..a divergent post but still qualifies under the "translate image" of the series.

Series: Stargate Atlantis
Season: 1
Episode 2: Rising

Synopsis: Teyla's city of the ancestors, held a hidden easter egg illustrating a o close connection between her ancestors to the ancient inhabitants of Atlantis.

From archaeological data research on ancient civilizations in the Pegasus galaxy, this one building style seemed out of place among the other building styles reminiscent of Teyla's ancestral city. This same building however, identically matched a building found upon the cityship of Atlantis. Specifically along the ship dock. It is a likely hypothesis to consider a probable use for this building in serving both locations, in being a staging area for cargo transport. OR... as a diplomatic building for receiving, entertaining of offworld guests.. or serving in both capacities.

A visual closeup, of what my home laptop can process, is as follows (click the links):
Probable Atlantis Ambassador Building -Atlantis Top View
Probable Atlantis Ambassador Building -Atlantis Side View
Probable Atlantis Ambassador Building -Teyla's Ancestral City
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

..found this somewhere on my hard drive. Looks Ancient, so thought I'd translate it. Then translated Latin into rough English.

(click image to enlarge)
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Eli's "Proof" of Genius
Series: Stargate Universe
Season 1, Episode 1

(click image to enlarge)

In the first episode of the new series, "Stargate Universe", the USAF placed a 1000 year old mathematical proof within a game in order to procure a solution by subtly tapping a population of bright enterprising talent via the internet. Acting upon the offhanded suggestion by a Senator's daughter to do this by offering a monetary reward should someone eventually solve the puzzle. Eli tackled the problem in hopes of using the reward money for his mother's much needed surgery.

(click image to enlarge)

The Dakara's Weapon's Puzzle mathematical proof, written in an ancient language, only took a month for Eli to problem solve, which then drafted Eli into a chain of events beyond his imagination. A mathematical proof is an inferential argument for a mathematical statement**, showing that the stated assumptions logically guarantee the conclusion. There are 3 main types of mathematical proofs. These are direct proofs, proofs by contrapositive and contradiction, and proofs by induction.

An example of a proof is for the theorem "Suppose that a, b, and n are whole numbers. If n does not divide a times b, then n does not divide a and b." For proof by contrapositive, suppose that n divides a or b. Then n certainly divides a times b, since it divides one of its factors. Thus, the contrapositive is true, and the theorem holds true.

** Brielfy a mathematical statement is a sentence which is either true or false. It may contain words and symbols. For example ``The square root of 4 is 5" is a mathematical statement (which is, of course, false).
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

~ Ra's Cheops Class Pyramid Warship ~
..... An ongoing hieroglyph translation project .....

(Since it's about midnight here, I'll just post this teaser and chip away at adding more content after work tomorrow evening)

Preface: From the brief research which has been done here at the home office concerning Ra's mothership. A glimpse into his psyche (along one less than probable theory tangent) can be presented which (more so than not) differentiates him from the other system lords (if the theory holds). Being in that he did not drown his mothership with self-serving (overcompensating) propoganda as others have done. That perhaps he was less of a megalomaniac than his counterparts, almost being (in their eyes) more of a pacifist than a devil. In fact, I could find absolutely no mention of a "god" reference anywhere on the (mothership) pyramid surface.. which now leads me to present a counter-theory. And if I may caution you, the following may likely sound heretical to anyone in the Stargate fanbase. So patiently bear with me as I flesh out the tidbits below.

On the surface of the exterior pyramid mothership, where no hieroglyph mention of a human being shaped "god" could be found. I did find.. (*wince*) a watered down name of "Unas" within a cartouche which itself symbolizes royalty. (All..? of the hieroglyph props used in the movie was said to have been provided by an actual Egyptologist brought on the set. Whereas the television series fabricated their own hieroglyph language for set props).
Since the Unas which Jack O'Neill found on Cimmeria bore the shoulder strap Abydos stargate address (I posted this revelation earlier in this thread on 9/15/22).. it is my speculation that Abydos was the primary Unas ruled planet for this Unas. Since Unas originated on a temperate climate world, along with their natural enemy of the Symbiote. It is speculated (by me again) that Abydos was once a (comparably) temperate climate with forests and water instead of desert. Since Ra and his son Heru'ur both had the only Cheops Class Pyramid Warship known to exist, and Ra's ship frequented the (now) desert planet Abydos. Can it not be speculated that (maybe) both ships are what remains of the Unas technological achievement.. being relics which Ra later claimed. And now to address the elephant in the room in answering the obvious question as to "why".

Our modern day equivalent is a 3rd world dictator being overthrown and his successor basically "moving in" and making use of all the vehicles and property which previously belonged to his predecessor. A would-be megalomaniac with an already established infrastructure for domination. Later territorial rivals would "street cred" respect the relics of the previous dictator and show public subservience to the one whose strength now filled the void in the power vacuum. This would explain, getting back onto this overlooked Stargate mystery, from my translation effort, why there is a great lack of any "god-like" propoganda across the exterior. Rather what is on the exterior is quite humble by comparison. More.. agriculural? ..and less "Bow before me because I can squish you bugs under my mighty feet" -type common human host/Goa'uld propoganda.

Nope, I've translated bits here and there and noticed a near complete detachment of the pyramid owner toward their subjects. More day-to-day political and less religious engravings. In the long lived existence of Unas as System Lords, humans come.. humans go. Human civilizations spring up.. and in time vanish. So why waste time even mentioning them on the side of the mothership? In an Unas-host Goa'uld System Lord mindset, mere human slaves were valued quite lower than bugs (which probably was part of the Unas diet from their planet of origin). Later Goa'uld who took human host, were (bathed?) in memories of what daily existence was like for the host they claimed. And like the old saying goes, you don't really know someone unless you've walked a mile in their shoes. Perhaps.. I guess the human memories of a Goa'uld human-host, flavored the Goa'uld symbiote perspective in providing more a sense of kinship to where human slaves were valued (at least) somewhere above bugs. But definitely no longer a menu item as they once had been in the distant past with the detached psychology of the Unas host symbiotes. Like how we view livestock (cows, pigs, chickens, etc) in comparison to ourselves. I speculate this quite similar mindset to predominantly be how Unas-host symbiotes had viewed human slaves. For serve for both work capacity, and meat.

Lastly, a more likely explanation, is that in the movie we are shown an alien figure which took a human as a host (from what I recollect). So since the symbiote already "owned" the mothership with accompanying exterior hieroglyphics pertaining to the symbiote owner. The exterior graphics did not need to be updated.

(ongoing speculative images to be posted here)

From my Egyptologist handbook, the (real life) royal name of a god-ruler called Unas is seen in the handbook insert. On the pyramid, there is a similar (but not exact) cartouche which may refer to the movie character "god" being known as an Unas. Since both images doesn't match, it could go either way. Real Egyptian hieroglyph words often has more than one symbol to denote a letter. So it is possible the royal cartouche name for Unas on the pyramid exterior image, may well have been referring to the former owner of this mothership pyramid.

A thought occurred this morning, that the origin of the name "Ra" may have come from the Unas growling/roar sound which the slaves came to use as a name for this powerful being.. like how a lion roars. Since the Unas may not have used naming conventions to differentiate from one another (as humans do), the slaves may have adopted "Ra" in connection to naming their Unas host symbiote god.
(this project is bigger than I thought, and it's already getting late)

Originally my intent was to use the hieroglyph pictographs to form a reasonable (but crude) message the different sections meant to convey. This was before I learned that the movie actually brought in a real Egyptologist to help with the set props. So I'm writing down the "letter" meaning of each image in hopes of putting together actual sentences. Though, online resources are scarce for the input of letters then to output it's ancient name equivalency. So.. still a work in progress on this project.

Case in point, I did find what looks like two stargate wormhole glyphs. But still no "human" form glyphs which denote a "god", but rather "buildings" which denote a temple, various agricultural aspects, a few brief religious remarks denoting "hail" or "praise" but to maybe a season rather than a god.
There is also brief mention of a festival or celebration. And the brief reference/custom of taking "beauties" as what the movie had with beautiful young children surrounding Ra. And as you can see, some hieroglyph panels are mirrored on either side of the corner.

\Image

The use of vowels was not really prevalent in ancient Egyptian, as shown above. Once words are put together, one would need to add vowels in order to come up with a valid word which may have been spoken in ancient Egypt. I'll.. keep chipping away at the movie hieroglyph props to see what new information that I can find. There is even a small section in the handbook, for Egyptian mathematics for figuring the area of a grain silo.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

~ Asgard Control Station ~
..why then the goa'uld mementos?

When looking more closely at (one of several different versions of..) an Asgard control station, I noticed hieroglyphics. The Asgard language utilizes a rune like character set whereas the Goa'uld common language used hieroglyphics. So why then, would the Asgard incorporate an enemy language artifact into an Asgard control station. Yes, some would brush this off as the prop department cutting corners and recycling previously used set material. However, after some pondering on this conundrum.. philosophically. I had an idea to support Asgard use of Goa"uld language pieces on Asgard manual control equipment. Reason comes down to mementos.

The Webster dictionary meaning of MEMENTO is something that serves to warn or remind.

The working thought is that the lifespan of an Asgard clone is perhaps measured in being longer than 100 years before the need to transfer their individual intellect into a replacement cloned "host". From day one in a new cloned "host", the transferred Asgard consciousness is fully aware of their awakened "self" and continue on with business as usual in their new body. It is then a temptation with each transfer, to lose the clear distinction between what separates them from their sworn adversary.. the Goa'uld.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely" as the human saying goes. It is easy for a weakened mind, suffering from the law of diminishing returns (becoming a xerox copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy, etc), to not "fudge" a little here and there. To play god at a control station with all the scientific & engineering discoveries throughout the long history of the Asgard, at their fingertips. So then, perhaps as a visual reminder, perhaps even as a warning to anyone operating the controls alone and unsupervised. That some chosen actions result with outcomes that come at too high a price to clean up, to not "play god" even if you think you can get away with it. Notice how the attention grabbing Goa'uld ("look at me") hieroglyphic pieces are framed with a clear and distinct separation from the rest of the Asgard engineering, which themselves work together without drawing undue attention.
Last edited by Salem Moses on Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:11 am, edited 8 times in total.