Flames over Phoenix

Jack(s)

Re: Flames over Phoenix

Post by Jack(s) »

Hey Monika,

Thanks for the compliment. So over the moon right now to know that you like the story and not find it boring. For all hour questions you have to wait for the next chapter. I ain't given anything away 😋
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
Daicy

Post by Daicy »

Hi Jack(s)

Very nicely written story. I look forward to the next chapter.
Daicy :)
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

Hey Daicy,

Thank you so much. That just made my day to know that you like the story as well. There are more FF from me in the Stargate section if you like my writing. Have fun to explore. You can leave a comment at the end and let me know your thoughts. Makes me always a happy camper 😊😊😊
RDA
Daicy

Post by Daicy »

Hi Jack(s)

I read your FF "Shadows in the Forest" and "The Ghost" a week ago and I liked it. I will write a comment there.
I read your FF "Alone through hell" in summer. Also a well written story. I read with tense from beginning to end. Too violent and rough for me.
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

I appreciate your comments. It's nice to know that people read what other people can come up with.... I got a few more ideas on my laptop but first I like to finish that FF for my friend and Beta. She does always a good job and deserve a good story...
RDA
Daicy

Post by Daicy »

Hi Jack(s)

I love reading your stories. You have a talent for writing.
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

I just realised that you guys are waiting for the next part. I am so sorry that it took me so long. Thank you all for your patience ...
-------------------------------
Several days later

Sam was sitting in her hotel room at her little table. Notes and other intel were all scattered over the place. “Ahhhh, he has to be somewhere.” She screamed as a knock on the door silenced her.

“Who is it?” she asked, taking her sidearm in position while walking slowly to the door.

“Me, now let me in,” a deep voice called from outside.

Opening the door after recognising the voice, she hid her sidearm behind her back. “Good to see you, how has it been?” She asked her visitor.

“You know, same old same old. I got some news on Jack. But I’d like a coffee first.” He grinned and waved with a thin folder in the air.

“You can talk while I make your coffee. Where is he? You know anything about his physical state?” Sam asked while prepping the hot liquid.

“He is in Arizona. Does the Titan II means anything to you?” taking the cup of coffee he looked at her questioning.

“Missiles, in service from 1962 to 1987 if I remember right. What has that to do with Jack?” Sam sat herself opposite her visitor around the table.

“In Arizona was one of those bunkers. It got sold last year. My informant told me he had seen activity around there and a helicopter landed at the scene a few days back. He had seen how a man on a stretcher had been carried inside. Which leads to the second part of your question. I don’t know how he is doing. It is very difficult to get near the bunker. All you can see from the air are some huge metal doors. But with nothing around, there can`t be a surprise visit.” He sipped on his coffee and studied the face of his friend.

“I will think of something. Where exactly is that bunker anyway?” Sam took a pen and a piece of paper to take a note of the location.

“Between Sahuarita and Green Valley. Near the museum.” He took another sip and watched her scribble the information down.

“Why would they do that? it’s so close. Why not further away?” mumbling more to herself than to her friend.

“My guess is, nobody would think that they would just stay so near. You probably like me have been thinking they are so much further away, but clearly they are not.” He cleared his throat before adding, “Thanks for the coffee. I need to go now. My kingdom awaits me back.”

Xxx

Sam arranged for Daniel and Teal’c to meet her in a little corner café. It was cosy and nothing special. The warmth of the day allowed the trio to sit outside in a quiet corner. Daniel was watching people passing by while sipping on his coffee. Checking his watch for the umpteenth time, he was impatiently waiting for the Colonel to arrive.

“I do not believe that Colonel Carter comes faster if you check your watch more often, Daniel Jackson.” Teal`c remarked without looking at his friend.

“I know but Sam is never late. It’s already ten minutes. I hope she is ok.” Daniel replied, scanning the immediate area again.

It took another five minutes till the Colonel sat at the table with her friends, smiling apologetically. After ordering a coffee for herself, she started to take out some notes and satellite photos.

“I had a meeting with my friend. He told me where we can find the General. One of his informants had seen a helicopter a couple of days ago in

Arizona near a Titan II missile museum. I have the address here.” Looking through her notes, she picked out a little yellow sticky paper note. “Here it is. That’s the best that he could do. He sends his regards to you guys and best of luck.”

“So where is the catch on that whole thing. I mean, why are we not there already with God knows who and get Jack out of there. Who are those guys anyway?” Daniel asked, itching to do something.

“It is an old missile bunker in the desert of Arizona,” spreading out the photos she had printed out and pointing on the area in question.

“That’s all flat. Nothing where we can get close enough without someone noticing us. But I am open for any ideas.” Sam admitted.

“Let me think this one over.” With that, Daniel closed his eyes.

Sam had gotten her coffee and started sipping on it. Watching the archaeologist, she hoped that he would have a plan. Looking sideways over to Teal’c she could see that he was thinking as well. Everybody wanted to come up with a solution.

Xxx

Three days later

“Hey guys, do we have everything we need?” Colonel Carter asked her two friends who had just joined her.

“Yes, all is ready. A plane is waiting for us. It’s a little Cessna 172 JT-A, the best I could find.” Daniel announced proudly.

“We will suicide in this plan. I am most positive about it.” Teal`c tried to calm his friends. He could tell that a certain nervousness hung in the air which wasn’t a surprise. They had a plan. It was thin and reckless and all three needed a big portion of luck to come through but neither one of them would back out. Too important was the person they all cared for.

A short drive later, a Colonel, a Jaffa and a civilian were standing next to the chartered plane, backpacks already in the cabin. They wished each other good luck for the mission to come.

The flight took about 45 minutes as the very experienced pilot announced their arrival. The clouds hung very low over the Arizona desert which played into the cards of their mission. Getting themselves ready, the grey machine flew as low and slow over the ground as possible. That was enough for the three friends to jump out.

Daniel, in his Hawaiian shirt and light brown shorts, started limping towards the bunker. He was sure the plane didn’t go unnoticed. Carter and Teal`c laid on the ground, packs at their side.

Daniel came about 10 feet near the big heavy metal doors as he heard a noise. Taking a deep breath, he told himself `it’s showtime, don’t mess it up’.

He could see a man in black combat gear emerging from the ground over a little side door which also was inserted into the ground. Looking straight into the muzzle of an AK47 he started his act.

“Thank goodness. I am so happy to see you” he smiled and rubbed his shoulder.

“What you are doing here?” the man wanted to know, so far not taking his rifle down.

“I had an accident. I went with a few friends for a fun flight and we joked around. The door opened and I fell out. I landed stupidly on my left shoulder and I think I hurt my ankle as well. It's hard for me to walk. Would it be possible for you to help me? I am no threat to you; you can take that thing of yours down. I am sure you are a nice guy.” Daniel explained with a fake accent.

“I don’t care. You need to leave, otherwise, I will shoot you.” He declared with the weapon still aimed at Daniel.

“Please, I need to rest. It is getting dark soon. I will not manage to reach the nearest civilisation and it is getting pretty cold here in the desert. I could freeze to death.” Daniel started to whine.

“And how is that my problem?” he started to lose his patience which meant for the archaeologist that he had to be careful with the next words he had to say. It was a make or take moment.

“I just can’t walk tonight. Would it be possible that you can spear a blanked for me so that it is not too cold? I don’t even dare to ask for a cup of coffee to keep me warm.” Daniel suggested and hoped silently that the offer to come in would be made. He had read about it in a magazine, reversed psychology. It just had to work.

“I will see what I can do,” the man replied and went back in the underground.
A few minutes later he resurfaced “Come on inside.” He waved with his gun and a grim face. Daniel limped over to the waiting man and smiled while thanking him to show him so much kindness. Meanwhile, Carter and Teal’c had crouched forward to a small air shaft.

“I should fit through this. When everything goes according to plan, Daniel or I will let you in.” Sam opened the hatch and dropped a long rope to climb down trying to make as little noise as possible. Reaching the bottom, she took the gate down, looked left, then right and after she was sure that no one was there, she jumped out, reattaching the gate.

Sam took out the floor plan from her vest and checked carefully again the possible places where the General could be. The bunker was deep and very spaced out. everything was built out of metal, so she had to be careful to not make any unnecessary noises. Attracting the enemy too soon would mean the surprise effect was gone. The disadvantage could be huge and risk everyone’s life.

Systematically, she worked her way through the first compound with no success. Hearing voices from time to time made it not much easier for her. The hiding spots were very rare.

Daniel sat with a group of men together who all wore desert combat clothes. He was given a coffee and a blanket. Before that, he was searched on his whole body to see if he had anything on him that would be classified as dangerous. Nothing was found so the trust was built. The leader of the group, who had introduced himself as Gabriel, had told him that he could sleep here tonight and tomorrow one of his team would drive him to the museum from where he was on his own again.

So far, the archaeologist had not seen any evidence that this bunker was a secret hiding place with a laboratory and Jack as a lab rat.
With the trust of his new friends, he had been left alone. Due to his limping, nobody had seen him as a threat. He waited over half an hour in his sleeping place, a small room with just a bed and a night table in it, till he got up to explore. He knew that Sam was inside now as well.
SG1 had the latest earpiece for communication. Clear and small, perfect for spying and talking. Everybody could hear what the other one was saying without giving anything away but staying in touch. That was how Sam had notified Daniel and Teal’c at the same time.

Daniel`s quarters were on the second floor and he knew that Sam was on the third floor. According to the silo plans, there where 10 floors to search. With that speed right now it would take far more than just one night and all three friends knew it. There was no time to waste.
He had told his team that there were six people from what he could see and no defence mechanism in place - only a tv screen with radar on it. Slipping down the floor and inspecting one room after another, he was sure that Jack would have been on one of the lowest decks.

Meeting up with Sam a few minutes later, together they worked out a quick plan on how to overthrow the group. With the surprise factor on their side, it didn’t take long till it was over. Five unconscious men remained lying on the ground, legs and hands tied up securely.
Teal`c had joined the duo by now and had shot the last of the hostile figures. He had brought the rest of their weapons and with the P90 at the ready the hunt for the General continued.

xxx

Meanwhile on deck eight.

Scientists worked around the sedated figure who was stretched out in bed. Lots of IV tubes, monitors and other equipment were attached.

“Ready to extract the blood plasma,” announced one figure in a white coat. On a table behind him, there had been already standing some tubes with blood samples and other bodily fluids.

“To be honest Mat, I am not sure how long he will last. A few more days in the hospital would have done him no harm.” Bruce checked the vitals again. The heartbeat was in the parameter that would be classed as normal. The pulse was a bit high and the blood pressure a bit low. Still, the General looked white as a ghost at Halloween.

“What did you expect. You have read his file and what he got himself into. He would be in more pain when we had not drugged him up as much. I just hope it’s worth it and the samples are still in working order despite the drugs in his system,” Mat replied while taking a deep breath. He was a scientist and in his earlier years an ER doctor. He knew how to treat people but what he was doing now was making him uncomfortable. But he never showed his feelings. In the end, it was a job, and it was paying his bills.

Xxx

Deck after deck was searched. Sam could feel the time slipping through her fingers. Progress was slow and still. By now they had reached Deck 7. Everything was white metal painted. The staircase, the doors, the walls. Careful and slow, trying to make as little sound as possible, SG1 continued to search. Daniel had taken point and held up his fist as the silent command to stop immediately. He had heard voices and motioned to his friends to look for a hiding place.

Just in time, all three had found a place for cover as two men in white coats emerged followed by a man in a black combat suit with an AK47 at the ready. One of the doctors-like men had a clipboard in his right hand and studied the latest results as he walked along the corridor. No one paid attention to the figures who hid behind door frames, cup ports and in an air vent.

As Sam was waiting, she remembered the last romantic dinner Jack and she had. He had taken her to a nice small fancy restaurant in Washington D.C. As she had arrived that night, he had waited for her with a single rose and the comment that only a beautiful red rose could express the love he felt for her. They had a dance to softly played music, and she had snuggled up to him, her arms around his waist and her head on his strong shoulder. The only place on this planet where she really could feel safe. He wasn’t superhuman and she knew it, but she also knew that he had the ability to fight for what was right and always give his best. He had told her once when she was still new to the SGC and under his command, `Be the best you can be as you can. Then you be perfect.’

Tears formed in Sam’s eyes and she swallowed hard. To herself, she said `Be Perfect’.
As the potential danger was over, the search continued with Teal`c stating that he could feel how close they had gotten already.

“Teal`c, go after the three guys. We don’t need anyone soon to discover that we are here. If they see the five guys on deck one the alarm would be raised.” Sam suggested and Teal’c nodded slightly before he left his friends on their own.

Sam and Daniel continued the systematic search and a few minutes later had reached level eight. As the archaeologist opened the door, voices had been heard by both. Silently entering the area, the P90 at the ready, they stepped closer to the room where the voices came from.

“It looks like a laboratory. I bet they are having Jack in there. What’s your plan?” Daniel wanted to know. He had learned a lot over the years and even still being a civilian, he could go through as a soldier by now. But the commands were still lying with his friend.
Sam explained with a few words what she thought would be right to accomplish the mission ahead. Luck was in their corner, and it didn’t take them long. Just a few minutes later, six white-coated men were sitting at the side, hands and feet bound together.

As they had entered the room, Sam had swallowed down the urge to run over to the stretcher where the General was held. It would have jeopardised the mission and she was far too professional. Now, she had the time. Looking at him and how white he was, she hardly recognised him. His eyes were sunken in and cheekbones stood out more than usual.

Turning around, she was back to the men on the floor and shouted at them “What have you done to him?” She demanded an answer and that in the next second.
Not one of the scientists would open their mouth. The silence was stretching into the unbearable. Daniel saw the distress his friend was in and pointed a gun at one of them.

“The lady asked a question.” With that, he loaded his gun.
--------------
TBC

hope you liked this chapter. There is probably one more section to come and I do hope it doesn't take me again 3 weeks to post it... Have all a nice day
RDA
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Awesome chapter, Jacky! Thank you thank you thank you.
B
Monika

Post by Monika »

Thanks Jacky, great job as always.

From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
Daicy

Post by Daicy »

Hi Jack(s)

Thanks. Very nicely written story again, as always. I look forward to the next section or chapter again.