The Cave

tvero80

Re: The Cave

Post by tvero80 »

I haven't reacted … yet , Jacky , sorry . It's a very good story ! Well done ! But I'm not a shipper so I don't feel that emotional dimension B is obviously experiencing intensely while reading it :) She 's a very happy camper thanks to you ;):
bftlovesRDA wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:39 am Wow - was on the edge of my seat. The whole chapter(s) are soooo detailed and well written. Made me feel as if I was right there in the story with them.
Thanks, Jack(s)...........can't wait for the next (last) part of The Cave.
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

tvero80 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:34 am I haven't reacted … yet , Jacky , sorry . It's a very good story ! Well done ! But I'm not a shipper so I don't feel that emotional dimension B is obviously experiencing intensely while reading it :) She 's a very happy camper thanks to you ;):
bftlovesRDA wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:39 am Wow - was on the edge of my seat. The whole chapter(s) are soooo detailed and well written. Made me feel as if I was right there in the story with them.
hey, V.

nice to hear from you. glad you like the story so far. thanks for you kind words.

i am not the biggest shipper. I see them both as very good friends who help each other. as far as i know they never kiss in my story's. If you guys like, I have another three story's I can share. currently working on another FF. just let me know if I shell post them as well one after another for adventure reading.

have all a nice day
Jacky
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

thanks B. I hope you have not to wait to long for the last one. thank you for your kind words.

all those comments mean the world to me 😍
RDA
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

sorry for the long wait, here comes the final part. hope you enjoy it. let me know what you think...
-----------------
Three weeks later in the infirmary

“Doc, I tell ya. I am fine. Fit as a fiddle and want to go back to work now. Nothing hurts so stop poking and probing me.” Jack grumbled while sitting on an infirmary bed. His favourite Doc was standing in front of him and shining a bright light into his eyes with her penlight.

“Yes, that is what you keep saying, Colonel. Let me be the judge of it.” Unimpressed with his behaviour she carried on, a slight smile on her face.

She knew he was fine, and she was glad he was back to normal. She knew him and if the Colonel would not find a reason to complain, there was something not right with him.

“Ok, it seems that you are ok. Your head seems ok, your eyes are working as they should and your ribs looking ok on the x-ray. I give you a clean bill of health. But still, you must take it a bit on the easy side for another couple of days. Are we understood?” She looked at him with her most serious facial impression.

“Yes, I will take it easy. Can I go now?” Jack was already on the way to get himself ready to go without waiting for her reply.

Janet smiled at him and nodded. She saw one fast Colonel basically running out of the infirmary. On his way out he mumbled something that sounded to her like “little power monger”. She shook her head, smiled and walked to her office to make the final update in the Colonel’s file.

xxx

A knock on the door to the General’s office let him look up. “Come in,” he shouted and watched the person who entered. In relief, he recognized his 2IC. He looked a lot better than the last time he saw him and with that, he pointed to a chair in front of him. “Sit down, son.”

Jack took the chair gratefully and sat himself down. “What can I do for you, Jack?” Hammond smiled a friendly smile at the younger man in front of him.

“General, I need to take some leave. I don’t know for how long yet but there is one thing I need to do.” With a stern face, he watched his CO.

“Jack, I would advise you to leave it to the police. I know you quite well. I know what you are going to do, and I can’t let you do this,” the General admitted while his smile was wiped off his face.

“General, that is not your concern what I do in my free time. I must do it because no one else will. I don’t want to threaten you. I will go after these guys.” For the first time, he said it out loud. He knew he was risking his career for that. Jack was hoping that the General would understand it and would give him the time he needed.

General Hammond watched his best Colonel on the base. He studied his face for quite some time when he sighed and gave Jack his blessings.

Hammond had seen that look on Jacks face before. There was nothing in this world who could stop this man right now. He didn’t want to destroy a career, but he also wanted him back in one piece.

“Jack, listen to me very carefully. I know you must do what you must. I give you one week for it. One week only. You hunt them down and you come back. We never will talk over this again. When you come back, I want you back at your best. Is that clear?”

“Crystal, Sir” with that both men stood up. A formal salute was in order. Hammond just hoped that the Colonel would come out of this alive.

Jack left the base that day and never looked back for a minute. He got one week to get it done and over with and he was not wasting one second of it.

As he arrived home, he grabbed a bag and stuffed some clothes in it. He got all the ammunition he had in his house and his service weapons. As he was standing by his front door, he glanced back at his house one more time, locked the door and left.

xxx

Two days had gone by and Sam got worried. She had tried to phone her CO just to check up on him and he did not reply-not at home and his cell went straight to voicemail. She was pacing in her lab and weighed the pro and cons in her head as to whether or not she should go to the General.

How would she explain that she is worried about her CO? For all, she knew he could be everywhere and nowhere. No way of knowing and that is what it was, that feeling that she did not know.

She made her way to the office and stood in front still hesitating if she should knock or not. As if the General knew, he shouted from behind the door for her to come in.

“Major, what can I do for you?” he looked at her with a small smile on his face. Oh, he knew why she was here but wanted to hear it from her.

“General, this may sound not right or a bit odd or…” she was looking for the right words when Hammond just told her to spit it out.

“Yes, Sir. Sir, I am concerned about Colonel O`Neill. I have not reached him for two days now. I know that he had planned some stupid stuff and I don’t know what to do.” She looked the commander of the SGC deep in his eyes.

“Major, close the door and sit down. We need to talk.” Hammond pointed at the seat where Jack was sitting just days before.

“Colonel O`Neill came to me with the request of some leaves. He told me that he had to sort some private stuff out. Now, we all know him and yes, I have a pretty fair idea of what he is going to do. So just for the sake of his own state of mind, I gave him one week to do what he wanted. I told him after this week he had to be back and at his best.” He watched his Major as the information reached her.

“Ok, thank you, Sir. If you ever hear anything of him, would it be possible to inform me?” Carter asked with a soft voice. She knew what she was asking for and that it could be easily misinterpreted with all the rules and regulations.

General Hammond smiled and agreed to it. He knew exactly how close his flagship team were to each other. He appreciated the fact that all of them looked out for each other so much.

Sam thanked him again and left a bit more relieved from the office and went back to her lab. Grabbing a coffee in between she sat at her desk and studied the carefully separated parts on her desk.

xxx

Jack had made good progress in the last two days. He found out where the stronghold was from these mafia looking guys. He had already come up with a plan. At the start off this mission, he was just going for the five guys who paid him a visit. But now he wanted to make an end to it. He knew that more would come if he left them alive. His life would never be safe again.

Jack knelt behind a bin container and watched the back entrance of a building in the industrial district of Colorado Springs. He waited patiently for the darkness to come. He would use the shadows to fulfil the first step of his plan.

xxx

The darkness now surrounded him. He had seen many people come and go. He knew the patterns of the mafia very well now. Jack prided himself as a quick study if something did catch his interest. He walked to the door and used the secret knock signal he learned over the last few days. The door opened and he talked quickly with the guy in front of him. Giving permission to enter, Jack walked inside and glanced around. He knew, if he would do one false step, he would not leave here alive.

Jack followed the guide before him to the office where he was meeting the man in charge of all this carrying on in this town. Shortly after he had been told to wait outside the door until he was called in. Jack waited and observed his surroundings. He was making sure that when he shoots the guy in a minute, he would not bring innocent people into danger.

The door opened and he was called in. As he saw the guy behind the desk, he froze in his tracks. Jack knew him from somewhere, just could not put his finger on it; and if this guy would recognize him that would be the end of one Colonel Jack O`Neill. To Jack’s relief, the Boss behind the desk seemed not to recognize him at all.

“What can I do for you kid?” with a smirk he addressed Jack who was now standing right before the table. Jack’s thoughts just drifted to the question of, who in here was a kid, when he shifted his focus back to the situation at hand.

Jack explained his dilemma: he told him about his brother who had gotten beaten up a few weeks back and wanted to thank the man responsible for it in person. He told him that he never liked the guy and was ever so glad he got what he deserved. Jack saw a faint smile on the man he was looking at and knew he believed his cover story.

Jack waited patiently as all the bodyguards left the office and he was alone with the big man himself. His weapon had a silencer on so when the moment was right and he would shoot him, it wouldn’t make any noise.

The man talked and Jack listened. He was sitting now in a comfortable chair at the desk and was winning more and more the trust he needed. After a while, Jack got offered a glass of booze. He agreed to it, God knowing he doesn’t drink the hard stuff. He liked his beer. As the man showed his back to the Colonel, Jack took the weapon out of his leg holster, pointed it at the serving-man and waited till he would turn around.

With two glasses in his hands, he turned around and looked in the barrel of a loaded weapon. He was taken by such a surprise, that he could not even open his mouth. Jack only needed one single shot pointed at his heart and the man would drop dead to the floor.

Right in that second, the door opened. The first bodyguard, built like a monster and reminding Jack of his friend Teal`c, came in. Without hesitation, he opened fire towards Jack. The Colonel replied with a shot in each direction and the first two bodies laid on the floor.

By the sound, the dropped bodies had made and the sound of a firing gun the door flew open a second time and a handful of men entered. Jack was already hiding behind the heavy desk and had a shootout with the men.

One after another dropped to the floor. After a minute or two, all was over. Jack stood up and walked out of the office. Stepping over the bodies he did not pay attention to the few men who now came running, alarmed by the shots that were fired.

A few shots have been given in the direction of the man with a mission. Jack took himself away and answered the bullets with some of his own. He could hear more bodies dropping to the ground. Moving along he just faced some more of the mafia guys. By the end, there was a trail of blood behind him. Jack never looked back. The Colonel knew what he had done. He knew that there had been at least 20 dead bodies in that building and soon the police would be involved. There will be questions, a lot of questions. Questions, he was not prepared to answer if he ever would be.

After he exited the building the adrenalin wore off from his body. He was exhausted and needed to go back to his hiding place. The first part was dealt with. The main cell was burned out. He grinned in relief and stumbled to his car. Opening the door he climbed into it and his head rested for a few seconds against his headrest. He groaned softly and just realized now that two flying bullets had grazed him. Not paying any more attention to it he started the motor and drove off. Jack knew he needed medical attention, but his car was not the place where he could look at it.

Back at his hiding place, he took the medical-kit out and opened it up with shaky hands. First, he looked at his abdomen. It was just a flesh wound and would not be a serious threat to his mission. After that, he attended to his upper left arm. After both wounds had been treated, he got himself on the bed for a well-deserved sleep.

He woke up in the middle of the night. His shirt was wet, and he groaned in pain. All he could think of was that he did not clean one of his wounds out completely. He got up and slowly made his way to the bathroom. Ones there he looked in the mirror. `Oh Boy`, sweat was dripping off his face.

He uncovered his grazed wound on his side, just to see that there was already red angry skin. He sighed deeply and got more disinfecting fluid out to spray on it. He cleaned it all again and hoped that that would slow the progress down. He still needed to go ahead with the second part of his plan. All the guys he had shot yesterday, none of them being the men who paid him a visit. He still had to find them. Back in bed, he drifted off to sleep again.

Sure enough, like the Amen in church, the morning came. Jack did feel a bit better and after he checked his wound again, he was pleased that the infection, at least for now, seemed to be at bay.

He got himself dressed, occasionally moaning which reminded him that he was still alive. He was in pain but needed a clear head. He pushed everything to the side what could distract him and got out to his car. Jack wasn’t sure where to find these guys. His best bet would be in downtown where all was a bit darker.

O`Neill drove almost all day. He was calling it a day when by pure luck he spotted one of the men in question. Following him slowly, he was sure that he would be finding the rest of the gang as well. If he could pull this off, he would find his peace. Jack knew he had four more days left but the sooner it was over the sooner he would have his freedom.

Whatever was the Colonel’s lucky charm, it worked that night. He found all five men he was taking his sweet revenge on. Quietly he got out of his car, careful not to make a sound. His mind was now in full overdrive and he tried to come up with an idea on how to deal with this situation.
He shifted his weight a bit to make himself more comfortable and it must have made a noise. All five guys turned in his direction and closed in on him at the same time. `Crap` was the only thing O`Neill could think off before all hell on earth broke loose.

One of the men approaching Jack, came very close and the Colonel, already prepped with a metal bar in his hand, waiting for him. He could hear the steps coming closer and the guy’s heavy breathing. Jack counted down. Just one more step and he would be in reach. One more step and he would give that guy a hell of a fight. One more step and all could go wrong.

Jack pushed the last thought aside and focused on the task ahead of him. This was what he had been trained for, situations like this: staying cool, analyzing the situation, being prepared for last-minute changes and keeping your head up high.

The last step came, and it did not take long at all for Jack to overcome his opponent. The factor called surprise was on his side. `One down four to go` grinned Jack as he tied up the hands behind the guy’s back, wondering briefly why no one else had come so far.

As he stood up, he felt a feeling of nausea wash over him. Not having the luxury now to deal with it, he swallowed the feeling down.
`Four more to go. Guys where are you?` he crouched slowly forward. The peace which surrounded him, he didn’t trust at all. The alley was dark, and it was hard to see, no noises had been made so he carried on…

A few more yards and Jack were hiding behind another container and he peeked sideways. He saw a car drive past which briefly shown some light on the dark area, and he had seen two men standing near there. If he could take them out that would mean, there were only two left. `Wow, O`Neill you can count. ` He grimaced at his own sarcastic joke.

He aimed at the figures whom he could not see any more but hoped they were still standing at the same spot. Two silent shots and he could hear bodies drop; this must be his lucky day. All went well so far and only two more clowns to go. Hiding in the darkness and using this to his advantage, he moved further. Now he could see under a streetlight not just two men, no, that was a group of ten. He mumbled something under his breath. Right now, his mind was racing to come up with a solution.

He could ring Carter. She would come. But that would mean putting her in harm’s way. Jack didn’t know if he was even prepared to do so. This was his revenge and no one else’s.

He had not seen the man who was standing a few yards away from him behind another container. But he could feel it. A screaming pain hit his right thigh. He dropped to the ground and his breathing increased erratically. He blinked a few times to get rid of the overwhelming feeling to just let go, drifting into the darkness which surrounded his heart for the last few days.

Steps came closer and he could feel the presence of a man standing next to him. Jack had closed his eyes and held his breath. His best chance was to play dead. It didn’t take long and the shooter left Jack alone believing that he had shot the Colonel dead. Sweat dripped off of Jack’s face and he was now panting heavily. He fumbled around in his pockets and got his cell phone out. He didn’t want to, but he needed the help of his Major.
The button was pushed, and the ringtone already was ringing in his ears.

“Carter…” for Jack the best and sweetest voice just answered him.

“Carter…” a raspy voice answered.

“Jack?” Sam managed to hold herself together. She knew her CO wasn’t ok.

“Need… help, sorry…” Jack swallowed hard against the pain and tried to concentrate to tell her where he was.

“Jack, where are you? I am on my way, hang in there Colonel!” All alarm buttons were pushed at once.

Sam got a rough idea of where to look for him after he described the area. He had said something about too many bad guys. She packed a few extra clips in her pockets and left the house.

Fortunately, it did not take her to long to find the described area. Turning the lights off, she parked her car. Not bothering to lock it, she made her way to find her CO. She hoped that he was still alive. Why did he always have to get himself in so much trouble?

Jack could hear the soft noise of some heavy footsteps. He knew help was coming in the form of one Major Carter.

Soon Sam had found him. He was leaning against a wall behind a dumpster. When she saw him, Jack recognized her, and he smiled at her. She was melting away already. But the feeling had to wait. Her CO was in trouble. He needed medical attention and needed it very soon. Sam checked him over and found that he already had wrapped his leg. At this point in time there was nothing she could do.

“Sir, we need to go. My car isn’t far from here. Can you walk?” She wanted to make sure both of them were on the same level of the immediate action they should take.

“Negative, Major. I’ve still got something to do first. This maybe sounds very selfish. But there is no other way. Are you with me?” Jack looked her in her eyes. She knew from the look on his face, he would do it no matter what. With her help, he had better chances to stay alive.

“Ok, Sir. What’s the plan?” She sat next to him and listened very carefully to the words he said. Her ears are strained already from his very soft voice. She was not even sure that this was not a suicide mission after all.

After a few minutes, Sam was sure she got him right. At his request, she helped him up. He wanted her to take cover and he would play the bait. When the eyes would be fixed on him, she had time to take them out. Sam was not a sniper, but she was very good with all firearms so he had no doubt that this risky plan would work.

Jack stepped out and walked in the direction where he had last seen the group of men standing. He swallowed hard. His gun was ready to draw, in his belt behind his back. Slowly he limped along, a small grimace on his face just before he was in shouting distance to the group.

“Hey, guys. Sorry to be interrupting your meeting. Just got a question.” Jack shouted as loud as he could, drawing the attention towards him.

All twenty eyes were focused on him. Nobody took any notice of the small figure in the shadows behind him. One guy recognized the Colonel and in the same second, he pointed his gun in Jack's face. Jack admitted to himself that this reaction was pretty quick. He saw the barrel shaking in front of his eyes. `This could become a bit dangerous.' Sam aimed at the man with the gun.

A shot, a drop and Jack let him fall to the side. He got his gun out while the guy fell, and he aimed now at the men. At that, the chaos broke loose. Bullets were flying around and hitting their targets. Screams ripped the cool night air apart and after it was all finished Jack counted another ten dead bodies on the ground.

He turned himself around to look for Sam. She was amazing the whole time, so he wanted to thank her for staying by him and to tell her that it was time to go home.

“Sam?” he called her name, but there was no answer.

“Sam?” he called her again.

He started to panic. She came to help him and to save his sorry ass. If she was injured, he would have trouble forgiving himself. He was standing now next to the dumpster where he knew she was hiding in the first place. As Jack looked down, he could see a blond woman lying on the floor. The colonel let himself drop to the tarmac and scooped her into his arms. He felt for her pulse, his finger shaking. He wanted to cry and to scream. Where was her pulse?

He had seen where she had been hit, a big red stain already covered her left shoulder not too far away from her heart. How was that even possible? He made sure she was well hidden, so she wouldn’t get shot. Why was she here in his arms fighting for her life? If he could he would have slapped himself right across his face. This was his fault. He called her. He wanted revenge. Sam had nothing to do with that. Jack felt how the guilt crawled more and more up in him and started to eat him alive.

He felt again for her pulse. Now he found one, Sam was breathing the whole time and he was ever so happy to find her pulse even if it was weak. Jack knew what he had to do. Get Sam to the car and to the SGC. The Doc would fix her. She always knew what to do. Hell, she fixed him all the time.

The Colonel summoned all his strength and scooped his Major off the floor. Biting back his own sharp intense pain he just had one goal: getting help for his friend.

Slowly he made his way to her car and slid her as careful as possible in the passenger seat. Hopping around, he slumped himself behind the wheel and after taking a deep breath he started the engine.

The ride up the mountain seemed for him as if it took forever. As he saw the lights, he released a deep sigh.

“Sam, hang in there. We are nearly there. Stay with me.” He pleaded to her. If he would lose her, God help him. He would not know what to do.

After his son’s death, he wanted to kill himself so many times but always found a reason to carry on. Daniel had helped him in so many ways and he never had told him that. Jack made himself a mental note to sort this out with him. Daniel was a man who deserved his thanks.

As he arrived at the front gate, he shouted at the young airmen to get help. He needed a medical team here as soon as possible. `Jack you are stupid. Why did you not phone ahead so they would be ready and waiting for you.' he could not believe he forgot such simple things like that.

The airmen called and then went over to the car. O`Neill had killed the engine and waited. There was no energy left in him to do anything. He told the arriving medical team to take care of Carter. He gave as much information as possible about where the Major had been hit. Another young airman wanted to check him over as he waved him away. Carter was more important.

He told them that he himself was ok. He saw how Sam was taken out of the car and a medical team started immediately working on her after she was carefully placed on a gurney. Jack sighed in relief. His job was done. Relaxed he drifted into oblivion.

In the infirmary, all hands fussed around the Major when Janet realized that someone was missing. “Has someone checked on the Colonel?” she shouted over the noise in the infirmary. Lots of blank looks faced her. In all that drama she really had forgotten the Colonel himself.

After giving some more orders on how to treat the wound of her friend, the doctor gathered a team together and went to the surface again. Reaching the car in no time she saw Jack still sitting behind the wheel. As she reached him, she could see in the dim light how pale he looked.

`Colonel, what have you done this time to yourself? Why didn’t you say something?` As she was thinking, she realized that she knew the answer already. `Because that is what you do - always putting the safety of your team in front of your own. Oh, Colonel`. Janet barked some orders around and in no time, Jack was on a gurney himself. As she checked him over briefly, she could see the infection that had spread now quite severely and the wound in his leg. She hurried to get him into the mountain to give him proper treatment.

Daniel and Teal`c now had been standing in front of the infirmary. They had heard that Sam had been in surgery already when the Colonel was brought in. A quick glance to their leader and both men stood like they were in shock. More personnel gathered around and none of the people present would forget the sight of the Colonel lying on the infirmary gurney about to be wheeled into the operating room.

The time moved ever so slowly. Daniel was pacing and Teal`c sat on the floor meditating. None of them would go to the quarters. Too important and too deep was the bond around and in between the teammates of SG1. Daniel did ask himself what was going on. He knew Jack had a week leave and now his best friends were here in the infirmary. His answers had to wait as right now no one could or would answer them anyway.

By now Daniel sat next to Teal’c his face buried in his hands waiting. Nothing of this had made any sense to him. He hated it when he had to wait. In some areas, he was ever so patient and in some not so much at all.

The door swung open and one very tired looking Doctor stepped outside.

“Both will survive. The Wound on Major Carter looked worse than it was in the end. She will be sleeping until tomorrow morning. However, the Colonel was playing with his life on the extreme side. He had a bullet wound on his arm, on the side of his abdomen, and one in his leg. The wound at his belly area was infected. It took a while to patch him up. The area is cleaned, and he will get treated with antibiotics right now to help his weakened body. I also gave him a sedative so he will sleep till tomorrow morning. I suggest you both get some rest. Right now, there is nothing you can do for either of them. Good night, gentlemen.” With this, she turned around and entered the medical area again. Rhythmic beeping came from the monitors which observed the vital signs of her patients.

As she had checked them over one more time and had been satisfied with what she saw, Janet returned to her office. The next morning would come sooner than she wanted to. She informed the General about the exciting story happening in her infirmary and told him she would have the report ready first thing in the morning.

xxx

Four weeks later

“Come in” General Hammond looked up from his desk.

“You wanted to see me?” Colonel O`Neill stuck his head through the door of his CO.

“Jack, come on in and have a seat.” Hammond waited patiently for Jack to make himself a bit more comfortable. He knew that Jack still had trouble walking and, according to Doctor Frasier, it would still take a while till his 2IC was up and running again.

“General?” Jack faced his friend. He didn’t have any idea what this was about. After he had woken up three weeks ago, he had spoken with his CO.

Thanks to the General he didn’t have to worry about any trouble with the police. Jack had no idea how he had done it or which strings he had pulled for him, but he knew the matter was sorted.

“I just received a phone call from the Police chief himself. He said he wanted to talk to you in person.” The General could see how Jack straightened himself up in the chair.

“Why?” he asked, irritated.

“That’s for you to find out. If you like, you can phone him right now from here. Use my phone. I will leave the office for so long.” With a smile, he stood up behind his desk and walked to the door. As he turned around, he looked at the younger man whom he could easily have adopted as his son, smiled and left.

Jack picked up the phone and dialled the number which Hammond had left for him on his desk. As the phone rang, he wondered himself briefly what this was all about as he heard a female voice answer. In short sentences, he explained why he called and waited now for the Chief himself to pick up the phone.

Several minutes later, Jack put the phone down and swallowed hard. He had just been invited to a gala evening where he was to be recognized for his actions against the local mafia. He was told that this was an invitation to bring someone with him and he had just the right person in mind.

A few minutes later he was standing in front of her lab. He remembered that it took them both a while to get over what happened. Carter had been a bit on the cold side towards him and he tried to make it up to her. He knew he never should have brought her into his personal vendetta. They got it finally sorted out and now everything was back to normal. He visited her from time to time, making some bad jokes and she would laugh. Now he was standing in her doorway watching her work on another doohickey. He stepped in and cleared his throat.

“Hey Carter, whatcha doing?” He came a bit closer and pretended to be interested.

“Oh, hello, Sir. SG6 had brought an alien device back from PX5…” Sam stopped as she realized that her CO was not really interested in this scientific stuff anyway. Sometimes she forgot that part about him.

“Any plans for next Wednesday?” he asked, casual as possible.

“Not that I know of. Why?” she studied him but had not gotten any wiser.

“OK, you’ve got plans now. I pick you up at 1800. Get yourself dressed up. I am taking you out.” He had a huge grin on his face.

“What’s with the rules and regulations?” she asked with concern.

“Hammond knows about it. It’s all sorted.” He smiled and left her good knowing it will circle in her mind.

xxx

Wednesday evening – a few days later

It was exactly 1800 when Jack was standing in tuxedo and black tie in front of his Major’s front door. She opened the second he rang. Jack smiled. He knew she was standing behind the door waiting like a child. The woman he saw now in front of him blew his mind away.

Sam was dressed in a ruby red evening dress, and she had a touch of makeup on her face. The neckless and earrings fitted that picture so well.

“Carter, I don’t know what to say. You look absolutely astonishing.” Jack clearly had trouble finding some words for the woman he could not have.

“You are not looking bad yourself, Sir.” Sam grinned, took her purse and locked the door. “So, are you telling me now where we are going? You avoided me for the last few days. Not nice at all.” But she chuckled while saying that and remembered how childish he had behaved the last few days.

“You will see.” Was all he would give her as an answer. It didn’t take them long to get to the mess hall where the whole police force was joined together to award their own. For the first time ever, it would be a Colonel there among them.

THE END
RDA
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Wow - that was sooooo good! Our Colonel and his Major - heroes both!

Mega thanks, Jacky. Truly a well written closing segment. Loved it!
B
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

thanks B. glad you enjoyed it. it was fun to write that story and let imagination run wild. I would have loved to see an episode of that kind in sg1 😊
RDA
Monika

Post by Monika »

Thank you Jacky,
a very wonderful story.
I hope you keep writing und let us share in your heros´adventures.

From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

thank you so much Monika. I got another 3 FF on my laptop. I will post them one after another if you enjoy them reading.

take care and have a wonderful evening
Jacky
RDA
Jen85

Post by Jen85 »

Wow, fab story Jacky. Think I may have read it on another site and loved it then. Been dabbling a little with fan fictions but haven't had the courage to post any yet! Looking forward to reading more of your stories :D
Mac: Two guys with bazookas blew up your cab.
Jack: They blew up my cab with a bazooka?
Mac: Two bazookas. But I can explain.
Jack: Bazookas? You can explain bazookas? YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN BAZOOKAS!
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

Thanks Jen85, your kind words mean a lot. It's possible that you have read them before. I used a FF side last year due I wanted to know what people think...

Will try and post the start of a new story tomorrow. just been busy over the last few days.

have a good evening and take care

Jacky
RDA