Has anyone else noticed this in SG-1 Season 7

Beata

Has anyone else noticed this in SG-1 Season 7

Post by Beata »

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else noticed this in Season 7 of Stargate, when I first heard that RDA was leaving the show to be with Wylie as stated in the articles and interview on this/our website I noticed that Jack O'Neill was not present on too many episodes which seems natural because he was easing his way out of the franchise, but when I watched Season 7 again ( round 3 ) not only was he not around but when he did make an appearance he seemed very serious, not as many jokes, and perhaps a bit upset/sad. Considering all he must have been going through this is very understandable. I guess the reality of it just hit me and I felt really sad for him. RDA from my experience seems to be a decent guy and I guess I am prejudice being a fan. However, I though to myself here he was a very cautious person as far as a relationship goes, and then this happens to him. I know he is very private and we will never know the all the reasons why Apryl left with Wylie, and I don't need to know, I just felt really sad for him and was wondering if anyone else felt or saw this change. Kate if this is too sensitive of a post, feel free to delete it, I just think he deserves better, but then I have seen life be a bitter pill for many a sweet and honest person, none of us are immune to what life can dish out. We do our best and can still get the proverbial shoe... Anyway just a thought. Maybe that is why we love him so much, because he certainly deserves lots of love.
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
yolie

Re: Has anyone else noticed this in SG-1 Season 7

Post by yolie »

Read your post Beata and I too noticed this from the 6th and 7th season. He was going through some
sensitive times and needed to be with his daughter more. So he made his decisions and I always respected
him for it. We all have our priorities in RL.
We here on this site truly love him so much for all he has done in his career as and actor and in his real life. He has
always been there for many charities, and traveled so many parts of the world. He is a truly talented but yet humble
person. I will always admire him and grateful that I met him three times. Enjoyed your post. ;)
Beata

Re: Has anyone else noticed this in SG-1 Season 7

Post by Beata »

Thanks so much yolie,

I too admire him so much for all the good that he does with his charities and his decision to be a good father to Wylie. He has a good heart and soul, because there are many people who could have been bitter in a situation like his. I think RDA is truly grateful for everything that has happened to him in his life, he is so humble, he is constantly saying how lucky he has been, but really luck is only a small part, his heart is in the right place and he works very hard. I know it is just his sense of humor when he says he is lazy because I don't think there is a lazy bone in his body, I think we will see him working again . It seems if he puts his mind to something, it will work out.

I met him twice and have withdrawal already LOL, wish I could see him at RICC but life calls...

I completely agree with what you said, thank you !

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver