Favorite funny quotes of RDA from Stargate SG1

Kti

Re: Favorite funny quotes of RDA from Stargate SG1

Post by Kti »

That does not fit the theme (I find it superfluous to open a new topic for this question).
Does anyone know the story behind the mysterious pineapple? In some episodes she appears again and again. Is it a note by William Waring or it has another special meaning?
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

No, I don't know the story behind the pineapple.....was hoping someone else would know.

I only know that here a Pineapple is a symbol of hospitality but I have no idea what that means with it being in Stargate....

Neat that you (or someone) noticed it.
B
Kti

Post by Kti »

bftlovesRDA wrote:No, I don't know the story behind the pineapple.....was hoping someone else would know.
I only know that here a Pineapple is a symbol of hospitality but I have no idea what that means with it being in Stargate....
Neat that you (or someone) noticed it.
Thank you for your feedback B.
Now times I let it so for me, that W. Waring in some episodes where he has worked, on the most unlikely places a pineapple has placed than welcome. ;)
mac_jack_fangirl

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

This was going to be post #700 but it went to another one.....

Just finished off season 8.... this was a funny scene when Daniel comes back and says that the natives on a pilgrimage to the Temple of Ra to make an offering and they need to also get into the temple. Sam's plan and Jack's response :lol:

Caty

Post by Caty »

Caty wrote:My first experiment for the funny quotes ...

;)
Did you remember this?
Yesterday I saw "Hathor" in german TV, synchronized :(
When Sam sayed to Jack "Wow! It's a miracle!" Jack answered in german "I don't understand"
That's weird! All the fun of this scene was gone!

Did you notice something like that in other languages?
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
mac_jack_fangirl

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

Surely there's a word for crunches in German? :D But yeah, I can understand how some things get lost in translation and therefore lose their funny meaning...
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

mac_jack_fangirl wrote:This was going to be post #700 but it went to another one.....

Just finished off season 8.... this was a funny scene when Daniel comes back and says that the natives on a pilgrimage to the Temple of Ra to make an offering and they need to also get into the temple. Sam's plan and Jack's response :lol:

:lol: Good one! Those costumes are funny to me also....but Jack is funnier!
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

mac_jack_fangirl wrote:Surely there's a word for crunches in German? :D But yeah, I can understand how some things get lost in translation and therefore lose their funny meaning...
Yes, "crunches" is the key word in that scene....maybe sit-ups would work - if there is a word for that in German.... :D
B
Caty

Post by Caty »

bftlovesRDA wrote:
mac_jack_fangirl wrote:Surely there's a word for crunches in German? :D But yeah, I can understand how some things get lost in translation and therefore lose their funny meaning...
Yes, "crunches" is the key word in that scene....maybe sit-ups would work - if there is a word for that in German.... :D
There are some words in german, but crunches or sit-ups are more common than the english words.
But "I don't understand" ... ??

I guess, the interpreter didn't understand a word ;) :lol:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Caty said:
I guess, the interpreter didn't understand a word
It's okay - when I first heard Sam say - "It's a miracle" and Jack said, "No, crunches!" - at first I didn't understand the term since I was not familiar with "crunches" that much....but eventually I "got it."...........and laughed my head off! :lol: :lol:
B