Stargate novels

Anja

Stargate novels

Post by Anja »

I got three Stargate novels from the USA. I've read two of them and I really liked them. The authors managed to capture the characters very well and the stories are placed between the episodes.
Has anybody out there read one or two or more?
Could be interesting to write about them without giving away too much. 8-)
ANJA
CARPE DIEM Image
JackGywer

Re: Stargate novels

Post by JackGywer »

Oh yes,I have quite a lot of the novels.Most I can recommend.
Which novels have you got ?
My absolute favorite novel is permafrost by Sally Malcolm.A relatively short novel.I have read it through in one.Could not stop.
But it all depends on what you like and what not.
This novel there are unfortunately only in the Kindel Version.I love it so,to be able to leaf through books also.

There are many novels I 've read several times.I love reading Stargate novels and Stargate fanfiction.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

I've read a couple of Stargate novels here on the Internet, not in a book. Particularly I love the ones which refer to Jack and Sam, something like a love story between them. Has anyone have to recommend some kind of a novel which is concerning mostly our favorite couple?
Anja

Post by Anja »

I'm reading Hostile Grounds at the moment - that's special as far as Sam/Jack are concerned. It's placed after O'Neill had come back from Edora.
ANJA
CARPE DIEM Image
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Anja wrote:I'm reading Hostile Grounds at the moment - that's special as far as Sam/Jack are concerned. It's placed after O'Neill had come back from Edora.
The book is great,I read the book Exile now,which directly adjoins the story from Hostile Ground.Hostile Ground is one of the best books and the end I would never see it coming.More but not I tell you. ;)

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Anja

Post by Anja »

I would appreciate that!!!! Still got Murder at the SGC on the shelf. :mrgreen:
ANJA
CARPE DIEM Image
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

I'm not shamed to admit I have the entire SG1 series. The majority of them are really good. One of the things I like about them is that you can picture the characters in your mind as you read them. The dialogue in the books is just like that in the show.

I met Sally at the Chicago Stargate convention this year. She's a very nice lady. When I told her how great I thought the books are, the gentleman that was with her said they tried to make sure the people who write them truly understand the show. He said there were a few stories that didn't quite meet their standards and they dropped those writers.

Pam

BTW: I believe Sally is going to be one of the guests at next year's Gatecon.
If you can't say anything nice.....

lmneal01

Post by lmneal01 »

I have read enjoyed and now am ready to pass along several Stargate SG-1 novels: "A Matter of Honor" (Sally Malcolm), "City of the Gods" (Sonny WHitelaw), "Sacrifice Moon" (Julie Fortune) and "Trial By Fire" ( Sabine Bauer). Am I allowed to offer these books for the postage costs? Should be @ $6 (USD) for USPS. Let me know.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

lmneal01 wrote:I have read enjoyed and now am ready to pass along several Stargate SG-1 novels: "A Matter of Honor" (Sally Malcolm), "City of the Gods" (Sonny WHitelaw), "Sacrifice Moon" (Julie Fortune) and "Trial By Fire" ( Sabine Bauer). Am I allowed to offer these books for the postage costs? Should be @ $6 (USD) for USPS. Let me know.
Thanks for that information and to all for their information on SG1 novels. I am interested in reading them all - but want to focus on the Sam and Jack ones first.

Besides what you have offered, Imneal01 (welcome, by the way) = can someone clue me in as to how to locate and how to procure these novels?

THANKS TO ALL!
B
lmneal01

Post by lmneal01 »

If you wish to purchase Stargate SG-1 novels, go to "Store" on this website and scroll down to "Books". If you purchase from Amazon.com through this website you help support this website (I think). Have fun! And if you or anyone else wishes the 3 books I have offered for cost of postage, let me know on the Forum.