Questions and answers about Stargate

Kti

Re: Questions and answers about Stargate

Post by Kti »

When you try 'Hathor' in Castellano it is said "Templo de las Inscripciones - Mexico" but without subtitles. (On Region Code 2 DVD.)
Anne

Post by Anne »

Well, there you go - that's easy then.

I googled it and it's the Temple of Inscriptions (Tempel der Inschriften for our German folks) which is located in Chiapas, Mexico.

The Temple of the Inscriptions is located in an area known as the Temple of the Inscriptions’ Court and stands at a right angle to the Southeast of the Palace. The Temple of the Inscriptions has been significant in the study of the ancient Maya, owing to the extraordinary sample of hieroglyphic text found on the Inscription Tablets, the impressive sculptural panels on the piers of the building, and the finds inside the tomb of Pakal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of ... scriptions

It's not related to Hathor in real life though :)
eve59

Post by eve59 »

Hello
can you tell me if Studio Stargate of Vancouver visit's?
Thank you

KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

eve59 wrote:Hello
Thank you
The Bridge Studio is a closed studio - it's not like Paramount or Universal in LA that offers tours to tourists. But, under special circumstances, guests have been invited to the studio - for example, back in the early days of Gatecon, when Stargate was still filming, fans could add a tour of the studio to their Gatecon ticket.

The studio is still there - you can see the buildings from the outside - but of course Stargate is no longer being filmed, and all the sets have been taken apart, destroyed, or put in storage. I believe Once Upon a Time is one of the projects being filmed there now (and on the streets of Steveston as well).

Kate
Caty

Post by Caty »

KateR wrote:
eve59 wrote:Hello
Thank you
The Bridge Studio is a closed studio - it's not like Paramount or Universal in LA that offers tours to tourists. But, under special circumstances, guests have been invited to the studio - for example, back in the early days of Gatecon, when Stargate was still filming, fans could add a tour of the studio to their Gatecon ticket.

The studio is still there - you can see the buildings from the outside - but of course Stargate is no longer being filmed, and all the sets have been taken apart, destroyed, or put in storage. I believe Once Upon a Time is one of the projects being filmed there now (and on the streets of Steveston as well).

Kate
Steveston??? There are Goaul'ds! I would never go there! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Caty wrote:Steveston??? There are Goaul'ds! I would never go there! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, the Goa'ulds are no match for Rumplestiltskin. ;) :lol:

Kate
eve59

Post by eve59 »

Kate thank you I haven of chance.Je can not come to the Gatecome and I would not see the studios ; I would see RDA may be on the streets of Vancouver :roll:

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Just read over at Gateworld.net - http://www.gateworld.net/news/2016/11/t ... len-apart/ - that the "new" Stargate film (reboot and trilogy) that was going to go on without RDA - has fallen apart - for the time being. This is good news to me.
B
JacksGirl1990

Post by JacksGirl1990 »

Hmm I have a question that coincides with a Jack/Rick question. In the episode Ascension when Orlin stalks Sam lol Jack and Teal'c come by with pizza and Star Wars. Apparently Jack had never seen Star Wars (I know Rick is more of a Star Trek fan), and while it may seem a silly question with an obvious answer, has Rick seen Star Wars? I know they make hidden Easter egg jokes about their characters in relation to the actual actors so I was wondering if that was one of them.

Also another question! Did Rick wear contacts during filming of StarGate? In the episode Urgo when they are all in what seems to be "SG-1's Special Locker Room" you see in Jack/Rick's cubby hole shelf system some contact lens cleaner. I know he eventually went and got lasic done at some point thruout the show, but curious if that was part of his personal items he had added to his character. Also when did he get the lasic done? Between seasons when they are on hiatus?

Oh! Also in the episode where Fifth captures Sam and she wakes up in la-la land there's an Australian Shepherd that runs up to her. I couldn't help but think it looks like Andy but I'm sure it wasn't. Was it one of Rick's dogs, or Amanda's? Or just some random doggie? :)

Kate you may have the answer to these ;)

Jen
"Maybourne you're an idiot everyday of the week! Couldn't you take one day off?" - Sam
"YOU RAT BASTARD! I'M SO GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!!!" - Jack
"Are you kidding me? Teal'c is the deepest person I know!" - Daniel
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

I also have a question:

I just watched the episode Prometheus, when Jack jumped out of the car, yelled at Major Davies and nealy hit the roof he did wear some really cool sunglasses.
Does anybody know which ones??

I think he had the same in the episode Foothold in the scene at the cafe (ok then it was not really him....but you know what I mean :lol: )

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)