Questions and answers about Stargate

BarbaraB

Re: Questions and answers about Stargate

Post by BarbaraB »

I just started watching Stargate. Of course, I'm hooked. RDA is wonderful! :D

Since I haven't seen the movie, it took me a little while to figure things out. I did some searching online and of course, on this site.

That helped a lot. But my question is...why doesn't Jack like scientists???

Barbara
Barbara
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

They are way to extensive, if I say that correct
To much difficult words... he likes an explanation in one sentence so he can decide what to do or what he's dealing with but they always blablabla in difficult words because they are into the subject.. And maybe....just maybe....because of that he's afraid they think he's a bit dumb cause he can't follow them....

That's why I think he doesn't like scientists
Lots of love,

Lies

eurmos

Post by eurmos »

Annelies wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:47 pm They are way to extensive, if I say that correct
To much difficult words... he likes an explanation in one sentence so he can decide what to do or what he's dealing with but they always blablabla in difficult words because they are into the subject.. And maybe....just maybe....because of that he's afraid they think he's a bit dumb cause he can't follow them....

That's why I think he doesn't like scientists
Sometimes when he is listening to Sam or Daniel can tell that trying to understand them makes his brain hurt. He likes when things are kept simple. He just wants to know IF something is going to work, not HOW it works.

Beth
Beth
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

Thanks, Lies and Beth. That makes sense, because he does get impatient when Daniel and Sam start with their long explanations.

It just surprised me because I'm so used to MacGyver=Science.

I watched the second episode of SG-1 today, and I am so hooked on it. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Barbara
Barbara
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

You're right Barbara. That's how I hooked too, when I started watching Stargate for the first time. You're gonna love it.
yolie

Post by yolie »

I want to also add that Jack is not as dumb as everyone may think he is. To be get to level of a three star general, one has
to be highly educated and knowledgeable especially in military tactics. He likes to play dumb at times to throw off people and his
enemies. ;)
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

yolie wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:19 am I want to also add that Jack is not as dumb as everyone may think he is. To be get to level of a three star general, one has
to be highly educated and knowledgeable especially in military tactics. He likes to play dumb at times to throw off people and his
enemies. ;)
Yep.. he is not dumb indeed (although Thor was very clear about that😂)
Just the looooooooooooooong explanation... just say if it works yes or no..
Lots of love,

Lies

NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Hi Barbara, enjoy Stargate...it's great.

RDA said in some interviews that it was his interpretation of Jack O'Neill to give the character a certain denseness. But I think Jack is really smart.
He just hates long and complicated explenations.
He wants a a short explenation so he can deal with the situation.
I think he is brilliant in military things and leaves science stuff to the scientists, who are mostly geeks in his opinion. He is the military guy and cares mostly about his team's safety and getting his job done.
At first he thought Daniel to be a geek, too. But then a deep friendship between the two of them grew although of them having arguments about many things.

So....enough babble....have fun with Stargate! :lol:

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

Hi Barbara, enjoy Stargate...it's great.

RDA said in some interviews that it was his interpretation of Jack O'Neill to give the character a certain denseness. But I think Jack is really smart.
He just hates long and complicated explenations.
He wants a a short explenation so he can deal with the situation.
I think he is brilliant in military things and leaves science stuff to the scientists, who are mostly geeks in his opinion. He is the military guy and cares mostly about his team's safety and getting his job done.
At first he thought Daniel to be a geek, too. But then a deep friendship between the two of them grew although of them having arguments about many things.

So....enough babble....have fun with Stargate! :lol:

Anja ;)
Anja, I've only watched a few episodes, but I certainly agree that Jack is smart. He just thinks in terms of quick military action. I'm just still having trouble seeing RDA not as a science person because he is so ingrained in my mind as MacGyver. I have to work on that! :oops:

I majored in anthropology in college, and astronomy is my hobby, so I really can relate to Daniel and Sam. :)

Barbara
Barbara
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Hi Barbara....that was my problem at first, too.

You will get used to it....RDA is very convincing in his role....as always :D

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)