Questions and answers about Stargate

Salem Moses

Re: Questions and answers about Stargate

Post by Salem Moses »

Pondering a long held DHD mystery
.. the missing glyph symbol

So there I was, occupying my weekend spent at home (it was raining) and decided to venture online but found it quite slow (actually bumper-to-bumper traffic jam on the information superhighway). My browser had multiple tabs open but their streaming progress was going nowhere -fast. I got bored. Sometimes, interesting things come up when people get bored (just look at Issac Newton who took a break under the apple tree). The apple that I was taking a bite out of, was the constellation Aquila:

There is a notable discrepancy of glyphs between the DHD & StarGate Inner Ring. The StarGate has 39 symbols, as previously noted. The DHD only has 38. So when I was coloring in the StarGate & DHD

I noticed the unique symbol which isn't shared on both devices. The star constellation of Aquila which Richard Dean Anderson was born under. Following some bread crumbs on the internet, and forgetting to turn left at Alburquerque brought me to learn that the character Jack O'Neil was born under the star constellation "The Bear Keeper". It's defining tribute is that the bear king brought civilization to Arcadia. Which was 3rd in importance in the Atum empire. Atum being formerly the underlord to Supreme System Lord Ra, after whose death Atum rose to fill the vacancy of System Lord and contended with the other System Lords, trying to prevent his empire from being forcibly seized. With Jack O'Neil portrayed figuratively as bringing civilization to Arcadia.. actually it was the Tauri's continued success against neighboring System Lords which allowed Atum to maintain a sense of uneasy peace within his borders, and his civilization. The Bear King is/was commonly known celestially as circling around the Northern Pole and seen as a round table. "Round Table" gives each attending voice an equal footing regardless of rank. This value for knowledge above rank was Jack O'Neil's habit in how he led his team. "Knowing how to organize the world around him, making it a better place to live in (-ancient zodiac quote)". And that the Aquila symbol is only listed in one known address, the mission that inadvertently ended up back on Earth but in 1969. But this unique non-DHD symbol was included in the dialing sequence because StarGate Command doesn't use a DHD, but rather a dialing computer. So this gives credence to Jack's non-Abydos address registry being explored. Like I said, I should have turned left at Alburquerque.

It has been previously stated (by people taller and smarter than me) that the discrepancy of one missing ring symbol not being on the DHD would account for about 16% of potential StarGate addresses not being accessible using the DHD. When I saw that statement, something of a vague image came to mind concerning Jack O'Neil and these missing addresses. I think, there was a reason behind the missing address locations which was intentional in the design of the DHD. As any programmer knows, when a program is written for a client, the programmer always builds in a backdoor to the program to allow themselves a secret access into the website/database/etc. bypassing the programmed security measures. As in this image here..

taken from the 2nd Season, Episode 15 "The 5th Race".. Jack installs new gate addresses into the database of StarGate Command, which weren't on the original DHD registry from the Abydos Cartouche.

(A repository of StarGate coordinates, presumably for all known StarGates that had been charted by the Goa'uld when it was created, presumably by the Supreme System Lord, Ra). From what I counted from this computer screen, the new gates figured about 1/3 of the original gate count and this could drop to around 16% on the total map of all original gate address coordinates. Such a progressive leap in knowledge from our initial starting point of only having one address recorded on the Coverstone.

But as my thought progressed on this, I began to wonder if the ancient gate builders themselves wanted to reserve a small portion of the network exclusively for their own preference. Knowing how public projects get misused, it would help in the long term to have guaranteed safe havens where refugees (from natural disasters, plagues or Goa'uld genocide) could be placed. Since no one was making new habitable worlds, it simply made prudent sense to reserve a few extra, here and there. And this theory is supported by both the absence of the Aquila symbol on Milky Way DHD's AND the inclusion of the Aquila symbol on Atlantis puddle jumper's dhd.

So within reason of this being factual, as far as I'm concerned, this little mystery has been reasonably solved.

(ran out of both coffee & tea, resorted to pacing.. it's 2am now)

\(X___X)/... maybe I should detox tomorrow.
or as I like to call it.. the little fuzzy kitten likes to poke at people with a big stick.
Last edited by Salem Moses on Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Salem, I fear it will take more than coffee or tea for me to digest your explanations at the moment. (I'm traveling right now and not really keeping up, I'm afraid.)

However, I'm enjoying your theories, with or without the benefit of caffeine. :shock:

:) Kate
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Questioning the Asgard..

re:. Energy generator for their ships

According to Thor and being canon.. his ship uses 4 generators (located on the belly of his ship at each end of the blue glowing conduit) which employs (either through "input" or "output" of the system) neutrino ions. As the current level of Asgard technology (hyperdrive, shield, weaponry, armor, and so forth) is superior to the level of technology created in the far past by the Ancients. It would seem that a ZPM wouldn't "make the cut" for the energy requirements which their ships were built for. It's been speculated on how they actually use neutrino ions as this pairing is a contradiction in terms. Being said that an ion cannot be neutrally charged in order to cooperatively pair in a system in which a neutrino could pass through solid matter without disturbing the atoms inside.

As the writers purposefully kept things vague so as none could reasonably reverse engineer a plausible model. I would like to add a couple pieces to this ongoing puzzle.

Albeit in my understanding the zwitterion is an electrically inert membrane.. of sorts.. maybe. I have no plausible thought on the usage of such a surface membrane in an energy generation system. Although . If it is within the design consideration for an electrical insulator..?

(*thought bubble still forming.. give it a minute while I sneak in a sandwich run*)

..am back, found the deli sliced turkey but we're out of bread

Lightning can strike the ground then travel along the ground and people nearby would be electrocuted. I saw a tree hit by lightning, then a large refinery oil container 50 feet away exploded it's top and was engulfed in flame. Now considering the output of a high energy generation system employed by Asgard ships, and a tendency to multitask a technological innovation. It is presumed here that an electrically "inert" material be used to isolate dangerous voltage/current potentials from travelling beyond their intended confinement. As well as to pliably facilitate in the generation process. Like a Yin/ Yang.. Explosion/ Containment.. system. The greater the building charge, the more resilient the confining system has to grow in order to maintain peak energy while on the edge of uncontrollable chaos.

..actually my first thought in seeing the word "neutrino" paired with "generator" was a gravity generator that was once theorized for use on the event horizon of a black hole. As neutrinos are connected to black holes.. the energy gained from such a proposed system was thought to be quite alot. Perhaps the Asgard may have pondered the feasibility of such a design.. or parts of the theory which bore relevancy. Also it should be mentioned that any advanced civilization would want to anchor their place in the history books with the technological discovery of their own uniquely complicated version of the battery. Err generator..

A random bystander in Atlantis notices the camera crew and voices in for their 15 minutes of fame> "Now an original thought came to me.. In the Stargate novel "Nightfall".. which is presumed canon.. The Asgard gathered neutrinos from a protostar for their ship's energy generation (ie: Ship's Core). The level of ship technology is reasonably close between the Asgard & Ori. The Stargate type ring the Ori ships use to create what appears to be a protostar.. leads me to ponder if the Asgard generators are in-fact a primitive version of the Ori protostar generation construct. But in a smaller version."

Thank you random commentator for your thoughts. But no, the Asgard linear progression of technology was along a different direction than the Ori. Strangely enough, the Ori went a similar direction as the Ancients in developing zero point energy. The Ori ships are powered by a much larger system with a ZPM at it's core.. as per canon reference when Stargate personnel saw it for the first time.

Ahem.. getting back to the Asgard..

Stars begin to form from clouds of gas in space. The cold temperatures and high densities (compared to elsewhere in space, but would be considered a vacuum on Earth) of these clouds allow gravity to overcome thermal pressure and start the gravitational collapse that will form a star. A protostar looks like a star but its core is not yet hot enough for fusion to take place. The luminosity comes exclusively from the heating of the protostar as it contracts. Sometimes the formation of stars can be encouraged or sped up by disturbances in the gas clouds that compress the gas such as other nearby stars or supernovae. As the cloud collapses, is begins to spin and by the time a protostar is formed, the cloud flattens and there is a protostellar disk spinning around the protostar. As the protostar rotates, it generates a strong magnetic field. The magnetic field also generates a strong protostellar wind, which is an outward flow of particles into space. Many protostars also send out high-speed streams or jets of gas into space.

To help add another piece to this puzzle, we can ponder the likely energy generation system the Asgard uses by ruling out those technologies which they don't use. Also going a step further, to logically ponder the type of system which would prove more relevant to what is known about the Asgard and their distant cousins, the Vanir.

1:. ZPM. A device which generates a vacuum energy siphoning field to pull energy from a micro-unuverse contained within the crystalline module. Once that energy is depleted, the zpm is dead. The current level of the Asgard technology tree does not utilize a zero point energy system. Though it is a thought that Asgard engineers may revisit this after seeing the advanced usage of zero point energy by Ori ships. I would think that a zero point energy crystalline module could be turned "on" & "off" like a lightbulb. Meaning that it is not like a radiation core or a chemical reaction. Not emissive nor reactive. Both of which could not be easily turned "on" & "off". Also when Stargate Atlantis personnel used a 10,000 year old Vanir ship to travel back to Earth. They did not have to "wake up" the core or wait for it to "warm up" after such a long inactive period. Perhaps the Vanir scout ship uses a zero point energy system (haven't reviewed this canon arc yet). Also along this tech tree is the discovery of siphoning off energy from our own space time. Project Arcturus was considered too great a risk.

2: Liquid Naquadriah. The thought among some groups that a high output stable energy generation system which uses this, and is easily within the technical prowess of the Asgard to have on their ship (even if only in a secondary capacity).. does have merit. Our introduction to liquid Naquadriah was from a tablet recipe on Jonas Quinn's home planet. Of which the planetary population was destroyed in a nuclear apocalypse due to rising mistrust between the two continental nations with opposing ideologies.

3. Heavy Liquid Naquadah. Introduced to us through Daniel Jackson's dream sequence making use of Goa'uld knowledge in the design of the AG-3 Satellite Defense Network above Earth. As this was supposedly constructed entirely by humans, and with the high output nature of the generator core. It is also a possibility that the Asgard had already studied this discovery sometime within their own history. But my thought is that most things which are radioactive and requiring heavy water.. err.. heavy liquid "anything" would be considered as not a clean enough source of renewable energy. I'm pulling my speculation from the replicator episode in which Thor remarks how his people are unable to think on such a low level to consider basic bullet projectiles as innovative. Perhaps too.. is the allure toward anything radioactive.

Now I must bid you adeu as my cocoa crispies are getting cold.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

︵‿୨♡ X-304 Refit ♡୧‿︵
Utilizing current known technologies..as I am aware of them

(In case the question comes up on future Earth-ship upgrades)

(Am sending this from my cracked smartphone.. so apologies for errors)

I understand that the current X-304 normally operates alone in foreign theaters of conflict without accompanying support vessels (meaning other allied ships) whereas it could encounter multiple combatant ships flanking the X-304. One barrage gantlet after another can take a heavy toll on both ship and crew, as accumulated stress fractures in both ship & crew could cost us both. So the future suggested refit is inline with reasonably increasing ship service longevity and the mental stability of the crew and would receive the X-304A designation. As it would be essentially the same hull displacement class but with upgraded amenities and new protective hull plating for astride shuttle/ fighter bays. The task I'm helping with is coming up with ideas on redesigning the current X-304 with relevant off-duty PTSD amenities for longer tours of duty away from Earth. As nature has a calming effect on lowering stress levels, perhaps a VR golf simulator, and a narrow greenhouse in the middle of the cafeteria (cafeteria gardener would pull fresh in-season vegetables which off-duty diners would see growing). Would an actual book library/lounge be of interest to anyone other than me? If anyone has ideas on other amenities.. please comment. Subcontractors are standing by..
Last edited by Salem Moses on Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

~ Think these are (mostly?) Atlantean Ships ~

(Preempting the answer should anyone ask about this or that ship from Atlantis)

I came across this image when looking for a better pic for the Atlantean Stun Weapon (found obscure writing on the side of the hilt). Although these ship models were made for a game, I (think) I recognize most of them as canon. Not so much of the small ones except for the Puddle Jumper. But anyways, credit goes to the programmer/modeller. Am including this here as a resource since finding all the canon ships is getting more difficult. Note that the small green ships are enlarged on left of screen, then relative sized in comparison to the warships. Notice also there are no "Wanderer" ships. Maybe those were civilian or research ships and made prior to contact with the wraith?

Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

Book guide came, and already I've learned something.
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

(Work in progress)

As imaged above, for special holidays, a culinary dish known as Turducan (In Canada & US) or Three Bird Roast (outside the US). A dish popular in formal settings and attended by guests in fancy attire. Though in recognition of our military who may not have the opportunity to share in the finer fruits of the freedom they devote themselves to in protecting. I hereby grant my epiphany (today) to the Stargate Mess Hall in the form of the working man's Turducan. Though, it doesn't have a name.. only with an assigned alphanumerical designation. "Entree SG1". Since a front line contact team requires more densely packed protein MRE field op meal that is uniquely American to power through really tough assignments. As well as taking into account that a good tasting meal can do wonders at alleviating stress while engaging an enemy from an entrenched position. A basic meal entree would be.. a chicken nugget, wrapped in bacon, and stuffed inside a burger. And to my knowledge, there is no such culinary creation to be easily found on the internet from my previous search. So.. you heard it here first.

I'll include the usual Mess Hall meal items below when I get home.

..Salisbury steak

..Lemon Chicken

..Roast Beef
"Do you know how many times I've requested roast beef?"
-Cameron Mitchell

..Hash Browns
"I have a hankering for hash browns" -Cameron Mitchell

.. Pie
Jack O'Neill enjoying pie
"It is most satisfying" -Teal'c

..Jello
Jack O'Neill with a variety of Jello